Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 1097 (07-Jun-2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
    Here's a fix for that (zip attached). Extract it to ...\Scenarios\AE_Mod\scen0000\default\aidata.
    Works like a champ now. Thanks much.

Comment

Playing the AE Mod - Version 0.03 under the Scenarios of CTP2AE, and it was solid until I got to this point. Get a CTD everytime.

Version 2010-06-08
      0x0046e74f [?ConvertCity@ArmyData@@QAE?AW4ORDER_RESULT@@ABVMap Point@@@Z + 0x22f]
      0x00477cb2 [?ExecuteSpecialOrder@ArmyData@@QAE_NPAVOrder@@AA_N @Z + 0x442]
      0x00472d7a [?ExecuteOrders@ArmyData@@QAE_N_N@Z + 0x44a]
      0x0047279f [?AddOrders@ArmyData@@QAEXW4UNIT_ORDER_TYPE@@PAVPat h@@ABVMapPoint@@HW4GAME_EVENT@@@Z + 0x64f]
      0x00471e59 [?AddOrders@ArmyData@@QAEXW4UNIT_ORDER_TYPE@@ABVMap Point@@@Z + 0x19]
      0x0047c9c4 [?GEVHookCallback@ArmyConvertCityOrderEvent@@EAE?

AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVG ameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x54]
      0x00581297 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
      0x00581c58 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
      0x0057fd7d [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
      0x0040c211 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x201]
      0x00406e74 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
      0x004068a5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
      0x0080fbdc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
      0x77a1d0e9 [__onexitbegin + 0x77044191]
      0x77bc19bb [__onexitbegin + 0x771e8a63]
      0x77bc198e [__onexitbegin + 0x771e8a36]
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally I bought a new pc -- and again it's not a real gaming machine, but much closer to that than the old one. And so I decided to resume my AE crashtesting -- as usual using my "ModernTimes"-Mod with loads of modifications, SLIC, and ultra-gigantic maps .

One thing I "discovered" corresponds to MisterEd's crashlog-entry: I had the impression that my "early" crashes occur about the time when clerics start to wander around and do their thing, but I never got any entry in crash.txt. Now I just took clerics out of the AI's buildlists (together with most of the other special units except diplomats) -- result: These early crashes are gone.

Now the game runs pretty fast and smoothly (even on an "ultra-gigantic" map with 23-24 civs) -- but only until a civ dies or a new one appears in the game, which leads to a certain CTD (without crash.txt-entry).

If I can avoid this, I am now able to let the game run (still smoothly) into the modern era , where it -- well: crashes at some point without leaving anything in crash.txt and without apparent reason. I will continue crashtesting and hope that I will be able to provide at least some guess regarding the cause of this "late crash".

Another cool thing I noticed and which merits a mention: Since I also upgraded my monitor to one of these fancy "widescreen"-models (just because they practically don't sell the old format any more), I have all sorts of troubles with old games . Not so with good old CTP: It naturally uses the wide screen in the only way that is suitable for a strategy game: it shows a larger portion of the world. I am really impressed with the simple intelligence and solidity of this game.

I just have to post a screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ctp2widescreen.gif
Views:	1
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	9089469
        The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention two things under the title of "bugreports" -- both are related to the scenario structure:

1. If a scenario (as a Mod, i.e. without saved game) has a civ-list completely different from the original one and you start this scenario the civ-selection-menu shows you the default list instead of the scenario's list. You may select a civ fom this list and get the civ with the corresponding "index" in the scenario.

2. At the first start of a scenario the scenario's great library gets loaded. If you resume a saved game from this scenario the default great library gets loaded instead.
          The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Another bugreport from playing into the modern age: I have two AIs in my game that built aircraft carriers for "lakes" that were 3 and 4 tiles large. Obviously a waste of ressource - so maybe the AI could check for the size of the lake, i.e. min 50 tiles or so and also check whether it boards other nations before building an armada in modern age. In the ancient age, there is no need for a fix. it seems exploring works fine.

btw, cross water invasion seems to work very well between AIs now

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
              I was hoping to make some more changes before I did. I likely upload in the next day or so.
              Well this didn't happen. I couldn't find where to enable good animations by default (seriously, I looked everywhere!) and then I got sidetracked by my PS3

I'll be commiting some changes in the next week or so, I'm currently cutting out all the slic in the AE mod now the AI is much better in managing it's cities at source level (and it'll make the game faster), and this will make it easier to keep the mod up to date in the future too.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I do not know if you have already fixed this for the next release, but the GoG version does include the music (in the Call to Power 2 directory under /ctp2_program/ctp/Sounds ); however, it does not play under the June 7th revision even when music is turned on. Is there some way to fix this on my end or is it an issue in the code itself?

Comment

another small bug:
                  when i built a new capitol 1900 a.d. the city with the existing capitol did not loose only the capitol but all other city buildings other than wonders...

Comment

During my latest testing I noticed an old bug which I think has already been filed as fixed: The AI are still doing diplomacy with themselves -- I am still/again getting messages like "The Nigerians have declared war upon the Nigerians", "The Thai have declared war upon the Thai" etc. ... So far I could not verify if the Nigerians, Thai etc. were also trying to bombard their own cities (as they used to with previous builds).

A minor graphics issue I noticed: Some items on the minimap stay "static" (i.e. always in their original position) if you recenter the minimap -- like capitals and trade routes.

Comment

Regarding my crashes when civs appear/disappear, I made an observation that possibly makes the issue a bit more specific: Lately I have been playing in autoplay mode as the barbarians who had gained a city through a revolt. I am pretty sure the game crashed (actually it stalled) when the original civ tried to retake that city: At least they had moved a 12-stack next to the city and the crash occured during their turn. I think this is interesting regarding the "nature" of the crash because losing their last city doesn't eliminate the barbarians as a civ -- so the crash might rather be (last/first?) "city"-related than "civ"-related. I hope this helps -- will continue watching.

Comment

Another bug which should not be too difficult to correct: some of the units don't disappear from the build list once they are obsolete, e.g. cannon, artillery, cavalry, etc. - where can we clean that up?

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky View Post
                          Thanks for the hard work guys. I just started it up to see if it worked and not crashed and worked so far. It's so weird no to hear any music.

How can I get the music to play without using winamp or windows media player?
                          You don't need the CD to play the game, but you do need it to play the music.

If having the CD in is preventing your game from starting properly on 64-bit Windows 7 (the only one I can speak authoritatively on as it's the only one since 32-bit XP Pro that I have played ctp2 on), go to the executable file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp\ctp2.exe) and right click, select properties, Compatibility tab, and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

I believe Vista has one that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".

Comment

Is it a known problem that the bombard and expel buttons cause crashes on rare occasions?

Sometimes I can get it to not crash by exhausting the turns of all other non-fortified or sentried units before using the buttons, but other times I cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi View Post
                              Another bug which should not be too difficult to correct: some of the units don't disappear from the build list once they are obsolete, e.g. cannon, artillery, cavalry, etc. - where can we clean that up?
                              Have you actually discovered the obsoleting advance or are you suggesting we change the obsoleting advance of some units? It's normal that you can still build hoplites for a while after you've discovered pikemen, for example so you can build a cheaper garrison unit. Unless you can still build hoplites after you've discovered gunpowder, which should obsolete them. That would be a bug.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi View Post
                                another small bug:
                                when i built a new capitol 1900 a.d. the city with the existing capitol did not loose only the capitol but all other city buildings other than wonders...
                                I'll have a look (because it shouldn't be too hard to find/fix. )

Comment

Working...
                                X