Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTP2 Apolyton Edition: Revision 1013 (25-Jul-2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boban-2 View Post
    OK, but when I try to upload a saved game file, I've got this message: "Invalid file"?!?! The file is ordinary CTP2 file, without extension, and about 1.4MB lenght.
    Just put it into a zip or rar archive, then you can attach it, and it has the advantage that it is also smaller.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
      Just put it into a zip or rar archive, then you can attach it, and it has the advantage that it is also smaller.

-Martin
      Already tried. In that case I have a file which "exceeds the forum's limit of 488.3 KB for this filetype". Lenght of ZIP file is about 1.1 MB.
      Maybe to split it? Or send to you by e-mail?

Comment

Already tried. In that case I have a file which "exceeds the forum's limit of 488.3 KB for this filetype". Lenght of ZIP file is about 1.1 MB.
        Maybe to split it? Or send to you by e-mail?
        You may use WinRar, with it you can make smaller archieves, but I doubt that you can squeeze it enough to attach it as one piece. But with WinRar you can split the file. Alternatively, you can use a program called Splitter.

-Martin

Comment

So when will the next revision come out? I'm pretty sure that the building queue bug was fixed (CTD not only when loading queues but when trying to clear them) - but it's very annoying as in one hour I had like 5 CTDs and keep getting them. So playing the 1013 build is very uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
            You may use WinRar, with it you can make smaller archieves, but I doubt that you can squeeze it enough to attach it as one piece. But with WinRar you can split the file. Alternatively, you can use a program called Splitter.

-Martin
            OK, let's try. Attached "crash.txt" and game saved "Arthur-Celt-1949AD" (in 3 RAR files).
            Attached Files

Comment

OK, let's try. Attached "crash.txt" and game saved "Arthur-Celt-1949AD" (in 3 RAR files).
              Hi guys, I'm regulary checking this site and I'm proud that you are still working on CTP2! I would like to help and contribute on it somehow, do you think that it is possible to make work scenarios in the newest apolyton edition? (I'm glad you made samurai, but mainly Alexander the Great is interesting, and both punic wars too).If you think it is possible and real to make them work, I would like to help you somehow with it.

So what you think? is it real or it would make too much work to running Alexander and Punic wars on Apolyton? because if it is realizable, just a little, I would love to help with progress on it!

Comment

Scenarios work

Now I tried to make work two Scenarios: Alexander's campaign and Ultima.Both worked quite fine, and not too much modifications were need, but that crash when the enemy turn is freezes completely destroyed my game.

So I think when the new version of Apolyton without those key crashes will be uploaded, I will make some Scenarios (and test that of course) to work under them.Especially both punic wars, but modify these files now has no sense when those crashes are still there.

Anyway, the new AI looks good, finally one computer nation is able to conquer another, so with those "cheats" like free upgrade for AI and no gold per unit for AI it could be really challenge one day!

Comment

Hangup

Playing CTP2 AE v1013, and my game hung up on turn 378. It didn't CTD, just hung up processing the AI commands, so I never got my next turn. It happens right after you answer the Minoians about sharing maps. Yes or no answer doesn't matter, it still hangs, although I don't know if the share map event is the trigger, its just the last action I take as the player before the hang up. Attached is the saved gamed. BTW--this project is really awesome. I have always liked CTP2 best of all the civ games, and your work here has made it even better.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MisterEd View Post
                    Playing CTP2 AE v1013, and my game hung up on turn 378. It didn't CTD, just hung up processing the AI commands, so I never got my next turn...
                    MisterEd, I've tried your game and got the hang at the same place. The problem is inherited from original version of the game, and it's about visibility of AI troops. Hang happens when Crete is occupying Ireland's town Glencullen (near your town Letoon). What I've noticed:
                    1. If you move your troops of 12 infantries 1 step left so you CAN SEE Glencullen - there is NO hang!
                    2. If you move your troops of 12 infantries 1-2 step right so you CAN'T SEE Crete's army of 3 tanks - there is NO hang!
                    Conclusion:
                    You MUSTN'T SEE AI's troops which are going to OCCUPY some sity, IF you CAN'T SEE that city!
                    Martin, help! Why is it happen??

Comment

Boban-2, thanks so much for the investigation. Did you select "cheat mode" so that you could see everything going on? I didn't even think about doing that until I read your reply. Again, thanks much.

Comment

Boban-2, thanks so much for the investigation. Did you select "cheat mode" so that you could see everything going on? I didn't even think about doing that until I read your reply. Again, thanks much.
                        Of course I turned on "cheat mode", and then "Fog of War" - OFF (just for investigation purpose ).

Comment

CTD

Been continuing my game, since Boban-2 was so kind to tell me how to avoid the hangup (thanks again btw). Have been tear assing around the world destroying all the other civs, just finished off the Yamato, and when I end my turn I hear that Cyber Ninja sound and get a CTD. The Yamato have several Cyber Ninjas in Italian territory, but I believe the Italians play first after me. They also have a number of those Cyber Ninjas roaming around. Anyway, here is the crash log and the saved game.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Martin, help! Why is it happen??
                            Good question, I don't know. When I tested it the game ran through. But instead another turn later I had nothing to research. I have no problems with the latest build, but it is in the 1013 revision, and it doesn't matter whether I compile it with VC6 or with VC9 and it doesn't matter whether I use the debug or release version. At least this way I can track it down and fix it. For the other crashes you reported here concerning the unmodded game I have the same problems, nothing crashes on my computer.

Probably I just fix what I have found release what we have.

-Martin

Comment

... just finished off the Yamato, and when I end my turn I hear that Cyber Ninja sound and get a CTD. The Yamato have several Cyber Ninjas in Italian territory, but I believe the Italians play first after me. They also have a number of those Cyber Ninjas roaming around. Anyway, here is the crash log and the saved game.
                              MisterEd, I've played your game and had no crash at all!
                              But it took a lot of time just for one turn! How can you play? Do you have (as I have) "Show Enemy Moves ON"?

Martin, a several posts ago I've mentioned about "Space Plane" error. I am sure something is wrong with that! Beside crash, I noticed miscalculation in AI's Queue with building Space Plane. I don't know how, but AI can build Space Plane very quickly. For example, in his building list is wroten 35 turns for Space Plane. But in queue, I can see just 2 turns till end of building (and I am sure that AI JUST put, in THIS turn, Space Plane in queue). When I remove and put again Space Plane in his queue, information is correct - 35 turns. Is there some cheating algorithm in AI's intelect?

Comment

MisterEd, I've played your game and had no crash at all!
                                But it took a lot of time just for one turn! How can you play? Do you have (as I have) "Show Enemy Moves ON"?
                                Dang, that's weird. It still crashes on me. Martin suggested changing the compatibility mode, but the game won't even start if I run it in XP or 98 compatibility mode.

I agree it takes for ever. I do have "Show Enemy Moves ON," and since I have the GlobeSat at this point, that complicates the problem. Guess I turn those off at this point, but I usually just get up and go do something else for a minute or 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X