CTP2 apolyton v 2009-06-01 crashes when a civ is conquered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EPW View Post
    I sent him the exe and what I thought to be the map file.
    What error did he get? Was he missing any other files that were added to the AE since?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
      What error did he get? Was he missing any other files that were added to the AE since?
      "...ctp\ctp2.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix this problem "
      Was he missing any other files that were added to the AE since?
      I don't know
      "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
        "...ctp\ctp2.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix this problem "
        Anything more specific? If you haven't compiled it with VC6 then you have to give him two additional files, like I did it for the VC7 releases.

Unfortunately, I have forgotten the names of those files and actually they would be different for a VC9 release.

-Martin

P.S. if noone posts his problems here, we cannot solve them.
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

At this stage wouldn't it be easier just to release a new AE with the fix included? The fix definitely works anyway.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

So I managed to get through a game and considered everyone defeated - each empire had 1 city left lol. GG. Theres also another issue with the game crashing. I'll try to get a saved game up for you guys to take a look at as well.

At this stage wouldn't it be easier just to release a new AE with the fix included? The fix definitely works anyway.
            That would be awesome. It's really looking great as it is!

Comment

Of course, but for that my home computer needs internet access and I wouldn't put the source code on my work computer, anyway.

Originally posted by SDKane View Post
              So I managed to get through a game and considered everyone defeated - each empire had 1 city left lol. GG.
              You could try to conquer them, too. It should work if you conquer always the last player in the list. That is the player that has his turn before the Barbarians.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Here's a save game of a random crash. I enabled cheat menu again to see what the other civ's were up to but couldnt find anything

Running AE latest
                Civ3 graphics

I also launched this game from a previous savegame that came with the map - started out as the germans, some cheating and changed myself to english and went from there.

While loading the savegame myself sometimes it crashes the next turn, sometimes it crashes after about 2-5 turns.

EDIT: Also if you look at some other civilizations you notice one civ building cities in the middle of the Amazon rain-forest and the native americans have also built one on top of a mountain. Is this an intended AI change? Also is there a way to make the AI search for suitable land before it resorts to building in a jungle or mountain top?

EDIT2: I doubt this is an apolyton issue and most likely my own computers iffy performance as of late. But this (distorted) effect only appears when I load a saved game. Is this a common bug?

Attached Files
                Last edited by SDKane; July 10, 2009, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by SDKane View Post

EDIT: Also if you look at some other civilizations you notice one civ building cities in the middle of the Amazon rain-forest and the native americans have also built one on top of a mountain. Is this an intended AI change? Also is there a way to make the AI search for suitable land before it resorts to building in a jungle or mountain top?
                  Sometimes the AI will build in all jungle or on a mountain, but they can terraform the jungle and use farmers to help those mountain cities grow. The strategies haven't been tweaked much yet in the AE either.

You can try to stop the AI settling near a terrain by lowering that terrain's settle score. The "score" value is in \ctp2_data\default\gamedata\terrain.txt, and the "minsettlescore" in \ctp2_data\default\aidata\strategies.txt is a 2 tile radius combined score that the terrain must meet for the AI to want to settle there. The AI sometimes ignores this, but it does allow some control. Also be aware this might stop the AI from settling somewhere even when it runs out of room elsewhere. A city in jungle is better than no city...

EDIT2: I doubt this is an apolyton issue and most likely my own computers iffy performance as of late. But this (distorted) effect only appears when I load a saved game. Is this a common bug?
                  I've had this before when I loaded a game after exiting another game, but not shutting down CtP2. It can also happen when loading a saved-game scenario, or generally loading and unloading scenarios can cause this problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X