QUESTION: Projectiles and customized hit animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTION: Projectiles and customized hit animations

Hey guys. I am new on these forums, but quite advanced in modding games (mostly real time strategys) and i am somewhat a novice in programing. Well enough of info..I am writing becouse I would like to expand on CTP2 battle presentation..so i would like to know if anyone alredy got into enabling projectiles sytem and their end animations..alternatively i would also be interested if attack effect (explosions) could be expanded upon and filtered?thx

oh and please dont tell me to go read revision reports..i tried but there are just to many and to mixed up..and to clear things up let me explain my idea:1. i would like to bring custom hit animations (in battleview too) that are filtered by unit that did the hit
    2. would like to bring projectiles flying to targets and playing anim on hit location
    3. I think battles would be more fun to watch and who hits who (with what) clearer
    4.can make anims

Comment

AFAIK no one has tried that stuff at all.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Then i will get into researching this and keep you all posted about it...will take time to check the code and make some tests to see what are the possibilites..should not be too complex since its only intended to be a graphics display code change and it seems some projectile code is there..I will get back to you when i know more (I am still getting familiar with the code)...

Comment

Welcome Cvejk

This sounds cool, good luck with it.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

if you have any questions about the code be sure to post as well. iys been ahile for me but I might be able to recall where its at
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
            X