GAMEPLAY: Foreign units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAMEPLAY: Foreign units

I have a slight problem with my neighbour country.

It seems however I threaten, bribe or offer "myself!" they just wont sign a peace treaty with me.
    I have a stronger army by a slight degree so they are not going to declare war on me.

So my neighbour are not that much of a threat, however I am getting a little tired of them moving their units all over my country. Sometimes there are 10 units outside a city and they make my roads difficult to use.

Anyone have an idea how I can make them sign a peace treaty so I can expel them?
    (I am goning for a science victory so war is not on the agenda, at least not until I can crush them with a rush attack by tanks)

thats the price of being peaceful without willing to wage war in one's own defense

really all i can think of is a war to push them out or finding some way to mass troops on bottlenecks that they cant pass.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I have to say reading the CtP2 forums for the past few years this has to be the most complained about thing.

If you play the AoM mod you can get the AI automatically booted, which is a very good addition for those of us annoyed with the AI trespassing.

When using the playtest though I just tend to build much better units and move them close to the trespassing AI units and gradually move them out of my land with zones of control, then build a massive barrier of units in forts, and advance my way to an easy science victory. Gets boring after a while though.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I never played AoE

I know CtP is not a simulator, however countries never do a thing like this. If a foreign "unit" roams over your country whiteout permission it is never taken lightly.
        If many of them do that it is considered an act of war, beside countries don't do that unless there is a good reason.

thats the price of being peaceful without willing to wage war in one's own defense
        But I feel this is not exactly a "price", they are not doing anything that relay interrupts my progress, its just annoying and kinda ruins the mood.

Comment

Working...
        X