DESIGN: Adding new ways how country borders are defined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DESIGN: Adding new ways how country borders are defined

Has there been any discussion about changing how country borders are defined?

I would like it if units could expand borders, or public work...
    Anyone have any thoughts about this?

(If this is the wrong forum for this please let me know, and move.)

You can build forts (with public works) which expand your own borders. Unless you mean something different?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I also made it so buildings and wonders can expand borders
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Never seen the wonders and buildings that do this. Would like to...

I did not know about the forts, it’s a feature that I like.
        I guess I need to read up on the manual.

But I would like more
        Most countries go to war for borders and land, in the beginning of the game I would like to go out and conquer land (borders).

Comment

I think the way civ games represent this is by fighting for cities, which in some ways can be seen as simply a seat of government and also control of the land assigned to it. Of course, I do think it would be cool to be able to fight an adjacent for control of the overlap...

Comment

You can also steal national borders if your city radius is touching another's national border when your city radius expands.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I feel that cities are the price, you should wage war to keep enemy units from coming close to the "heart" of the empire.
              with that in mind expanding the borders should be (in my opinion) a primary goal.
              Also, everything inside your border space should be visible, enemy units on the move should be opposed with another unit.

Comment

Working...
              X