Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When playing CtP2 playtest I use the Apolyton mod Const file numbers for generating a map.
    Plus I use these settings
    WetDry=7
    WarmCold=4
    OceanLand=6
    IslandContinent=7
    HomoDiverse=11
    GoodCount=9
    This is a good setting.I play Giantic map with 8 civs.Big continents with a water way around them.I just over write the numbers in the Const file to match the Aployton mod setting.I think this helps the AI to expand faster using the playtest.

Comment

• I believe i found a diplomacy error, im going to try and reproduce it before posting here.

Is it possible to change the autosave so that it saves at the end of my my turn.
      If i load the autosave now it loads the beggining of the next turn, i would rather load the autosave it and be able to hit end turn again. That way i could reproduce errors that happen after i end my turn, like with a computer offering me a ceasefire i make a counteroffer to request his maps then the ceasefire goes though but i dont get his maps!

Comment

• I found a routing error.

I have an archer on a square and a barbarian warrior on the adjacent north square.. It wont let me move to the northeast or northwest square on the side of the warrior even though they're empty. It say i have to move east or west first, then go norteast or west the next turn Ughh.

Comment

• The routing thing is annoying and i have a save game file if you need it.

the dimplomacy thing turned out not to be a bug, i though they had a big empire when in reality they only had 1 city left which was already in my map so i didnt notice any increase.

What is funny though is that when they offer a ceasefire if i counter with a ceasefire request (which shouldnt be an option) then they reject lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpt

Is it possible to change the autosave so that it saves at the end of my my turn.
            Just save manually at the end of your turn.

I found a routing error.

I have an archer on a square and a barbarian warrior on the adjacent north square.. It wont let me move to the northeast or northwest square on the side of the warrior even though they're empty. It say i have to move east or west first, then go norteast or west the next turn Ughh.
            This sounds like zone of control. If it's definitely not this then attach your save game if you can.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Which currently only exists in outcommented source lines, but of course can be uncommented, easily.
              If this works fine can you outcomment these lines for the next play test please? So we can upgrade units in forts.

Also will there be an option in the rules screen to turn the updater on and off? Rather than modifying userprofile.txt, which no one knows about.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

Just save manually at the end of your turn.
                Okay, kind of a pain to save at the end of every turn. That error didnt end up being an error anyways.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                This sounds like zone of control. If it's definitely not this then attach your save game if you can.
                So one unit adjacent to an enemy square cant directly move to another square that's adjacent to the enemy? Thats just annoying and strange!
                Im not sure if its zoneofcontrol or not but i remeber something in the early game where i couldnt get a unit to go to a square so i sent a different unit there instead adn immediately the first could now go there.
                Last edited by mpt; August 1, 2008, 08:34.

Comment

So one unit thats adjacent to an enemy square cant directly move to another square that adjacent to the enemy? Thats just annoying and strange!
                  It's pretty common, and used to be standard in civ games.

Im not sure if its zoneofcontrol or not but i remeber something in the early game where i couldnt get a unit to go to a square so i sent a different unit there instead adn immediately the first could now go there.
                  You can move between adjacent squares to the enemy if you already occupy the square you're moving to with another unit.

Comment

• Why do i need to get to beuracracy tech before i can rebuild a capitol? I find that odd.

Comment

Why don't yu use quicksave, pressing Ctrl+s and Ctrl+l for loading?

Originally posted by mpt
                      If i load the autosave now it loads the beggining of the next turn, i would rather load the autosave it and be able to hit end turn again. That way i could reproduce errors that happen after i end my turn, like with a computer offering me a ceasefire i make a counteroffer to request his maps then the ceasefire goes though but i dont get his maps!
                      Unfortunately this only works for the kind of stuff you describe, for unit movements that might not work, even if the game is supposed to regenerate the state of the AI unit movement from the stuff that is lying around, it simply doesn't do it.

If this works fine can you outcomment these lines for the next play test please? So we can upgrade units in forts.
                      Well if you can modify the the terrain.txt and the tileimp.txt so that upgrading would then work.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Well if you can modify the the terrain.txt and the tileimp.txt so that upgrading would then work.
                        Of course, but what do I need to modify, especially in terrain.txt?

And also what about the the messages?

Comment

• Vista & W2K

I've been trying to play a lan game where one machine runs Vista and the other runs W2K. The latest build works fine on both systems in single player mode, but there are problems with TCP/IP lan mode.

1. After a game is created on one system and the other tries to join, the "joining game" progress bar is displayed until the host launches. Same effect regardless of which system creates the game.

2. When the last player launches, the game crashes to desktop. I did have a crash log, but it was deleted when I reinstalled CTPII. I do remember a net error though.

I've started CTPII as admin on the Vista machine and tried re-installing several times on both machines. I'm at a loss and I couldn't find any posts resembling this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated as I look forward to trying this build out. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                            Of course, but what do I need to modify, especially in terrain.txt?
                            You need to add the flag CanUpgrade to the city environments. And it is also needed in the Effect block of each tile improvement that should be able to upgrade.

And also what about the the messages?
                            As far as I know we don't have a message. On the other hand the separate upgrade order is still missing, too.

Originally posted by krash88
                            I'm at a loss and I couldn't find any posts resembling this problem.
                            Then you haven't looked here .

So you see reinstalling doesn't solve your problems.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

You need to add the flag CanUpgrade to the city environments. And it is also needed in the Effect block of each tile improvement that should be able to upgrade.
                              Thanks Martin. I've attached the files for the original game and AE mod with those changes.

I added it to all city environments and the fortification tile improvement.

Perhaps in future the airbase should upgrade, if it can be made to only upgrade air units, and then the fortification can be to only upgrade land units.

Comment

• The files:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X