GENERAL: SVN server at Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GENERAL: SVN server at Apolyton?

Guys, we need your input here. I understand that the project is currently organized at an external SVN hosted by Kaan. The question here is simple - would you want us to set up a local SVN here at Apolyton?

The main difference is, we have very high bandwidth limits, which would mean anonymous access and no problems related to bandwidth.

So basically, just let me know if you're satisfied with the current setup and if you need us to set something up.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Actually, right now its with darkdust (ctp2.darkdust.net). I'm happy with current set-up. But if Apolyton hosts it it might be a more consolidated approach. Like having a link to the page right there on the ctp2 site etc.

Martin, might have a more informed opinion though.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Aha, the darkdust site also a SVN? I thought it was just for certain downloads and not the code repository. I see it's a SVN though... so is Kaan's SVN no longer used, or what? And, who's hosting the Darkdust site?

Obviously, what matters the most is the opinion of you guys who do most of the coding.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        Aha, the darkdust site also a SVN? I thought it was just for certain downloads and not the code repository. I see it's a SVN though... so is Kaan's SVN no longer used, or what? And, who's hosting the Darkdust site?
        Well you could simply look onto the forum page of the Apolyton CTP2 source code project forum, there is a thread about a new SVN server. (I am sorry I am to lazy right now to link to it. )

Originally posted by Solver
        Obviously, what matters the most is the opinion of you guys who do most of the coding.
        Actually, what matters more is the opinion of the guy who is hosting the code, which is currently Apolyton forum user DarkDust.

It could be possible that DarkDust won't be able host the source code in some, which of course I don't know.

However more importantly we could integrate some functionality of the repository. On darkdust.net we had an issue tracker that no one used because it is too remote from Apolyton. An issue tracker that automatically posts a thread here would be nice.

However so far I haven't made up my mind, so let's hear what DarkDust thinks about it.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I guess I've been out of touch too much myself

Comment

Working...
          X