X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forts were the only one then
    "

Comment

• I wanted to get the new rules window in but it still needs testing.

We got a lot of improvements in since the June 1st release anyway.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• hmm, next time I'll add an EnemyHealRate flag and FriendlyHealRate.
        "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
          hmm, next time I'll add an EnemyHealRate flag and FriendlyHealRate.
          And add swapping of forts to a new owner when they're captured.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Where are you guys going with this? :

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
            Revision 1012: Prepared savegame format 67 to support more than 256 sprites

Some cleanings:
            modified trunk/ctp2_code/gs/gameobj/CityData.cpp
            modified trunk/ctp2_code/gs/newdb/unit.cdb
            modified trunk/ctp2_code/gs/newdb/unitpromotion.cdb

Fixed the nano destroyed city and nano infected victim messages, so that the slic player argument is the city owner instaed of the visible player:
            modified trunk/ctp2_code/gs/gameobj/ArmyData.cpp

Prepared savegame format for upgrading to version 67, prepared savegame format change for support of more than 256 sprites:
            modified trunk/ctp2_code/gfx/spritesys/SpriteGroupList.h
            modified trunk/ctp2_code/gfx/spritesys/UnitActor.cpp
            modified trunk/ctp2_code/gs/fileio/GameFile.cpp

modified trunk/doc/user/playtest/Apolyton_README.txt

The sprites were always such a pain. I know ctp2 can play avis. I wish that we had the graphics modified to play avis. it would be so much easier to convert stuff. but i understand transparancy would be an issues.

Anyways, I ended up doing a lot of 3d modelling for civ4 for my art outlet.
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekmek View Post
              Where are you guys going with this?

I think Martin increased the sprite limit for more city sprites, like the ones Bureau Bert made here.

The sprites were always such a pain. I know ctp2 can play avis. I wish that we had the graphics modified to play avis. it would be so much easier to convert stuff. but i understand transparancy would be an issues.

Avi's for units? That sounds even worse than sprites.

Anyways, I ended up doing a lot of 3d modelling for civ4 for my art outlet.

I imagine CtP sprites would be a lot easier if you used models to generate the frames.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                I think Martin increased the sprite limit for more city sprites, like the ones Bureau Bert made here.
                No, I didn't. I just prepared the code so that we can change the savegame format, which is necessary to increase the sprite limit. Probably, we should put more into the new savegame format. In fact it isn't worth to increase the savegame format file number without putting some stuff into it. The alternative is to regenarte the information that isn't saved on loading. So until then the sprite limit stays as it is.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                  No, I didn't. I just prepared the code so that we can change the savegame format, which is necessary to increase the sprite limit. Probably, we should put more into the new savegame format. In fact it isn't worth to increase the savegame format file number without putting some stuff into it. The alternative is to regenarte the information that isn't saved on loading. So until then the sprite limit stays as it is.

-Martin
                  You mean saving more stuff like the new rules?

Comment

• quick question: do I only get a warning of a wonder being completed if I know that civilazation already? If not, then the warnings don't work in the new playtest...

Comment

• Originally posted by mapfi View Post
                      quick question: do I only get a warning of a wonder being completed if I know that civilazation already? If not, then the warnings don't work in the new playtest...
                      I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, but IIRC it's always given a warning whether you had met the civ or not.

I would remove those warnings altogether anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                        You mean saving more stuff like the new rules?
                        Yes, and so far the new rules haven't even been included, yet.

For instance there is a throne room, but maybe we should leave that to another savegame file version.

-Martin

Comment

• throne room?? where?
                          "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                            throne room?? where?
                            Activision has just removed half of the throne room from CTP1, infact there is a pointer to an object of the throne class in the Player class, unfortunately the implementation of the Throne class.

The throne room window is still in the code base. I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to reconstruct the Throne class, probably it just contained the number of available upgrades, the number of installed upgrades in each class of throne upgrades, and maybe some sort of points that are stored to get the upgrade, but probably we can make that dependant on the archievements, like wonders, cities, advances, etc.

Well, that is reconstructing the throne room, however I would prefer a palace like in Civ1 or a real throne room like in Civ2.

-Martin

Comment

• Made the turns to growth and city production turns figures update when a city changes size and at begin turn:
                              modified trunk/ctp2_code/gs/gameobj/CityData.cpp

Fixed an assert regarding the custom ages screen:
                              modified trunk/ctp2_code/ui/interface/spnewgamewindow.cpp

"

Comment

• I may have broken something else yet

Comment

Working...
                                X