GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDKane View Post

Edit: To be fair I test (and really only play on) the really big world map with like 27 other civs, one always die fast - and crash. I'll give it a go on a 5 civ game and post some additional feedback and playability.
    Well I hope we can get a fix out for it soon. The AI is more aggressive now, so they do tend to conquer each other if they're close together. Not to mention the human, who can be quite ruthless.

Besides that, I notice that a lot of people play with huge numbers of civs. I'm wondering if we should allow bigger maps somehow, and a maximum limit of players to a map size.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
      Well I hope we can get a fix out for it soon. The AI is more aggressive now, so they do tend to conquer each other if they're close together. Not to mention the human, who can be quite ruthless.

Besides that, I notice that a lot of people play with huge numbers of civs. I'm wondering if we should allow bigger maps somehow, and a maximum limit of players to a map size.
      I hope so too. I've been occupied by this game for hours in the past few days since I re-discovered my inner civ-genes. Not to mention keeping this website constantly up on my browser refreshing to keep an eye for a fix

AE+Civ3 textures is a winner, now if only I can get a good game going on the 27 civ map on hard modes

Comment

Actually, I would like to test a game with 32 players on a small map, so one city for each, that should be interesting.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Whose going to get the 1000th revision?
          "

Comment

• I'm thinking about uploading the "Cilli" fix in the great library just to snag it.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Upload a new button icon for the political map too.
              "

Comment

• I attached a cleaned up version of your button in the interface thread. Seems fine.

I'll probably get the empire manager finished before I commit anything.

Right now I'm messing with the AE Mod AI. Currently playing on medium, the AI has zero bonuses, and I'm trying to get it playing well before I add the bonuses for higher difficulties.

I just can't get them to stop building a granary first thing in their first city. Very annoying. I increased the offense build list sequence priority in the starter strategies (that are used for the first 80 turns), but they still use their default strategy first for the first city. Even if I use slic to force my strategy in the nextstrategicstage event the very first thing they do can't be overwritten it seems, unless I edit the default strategies (scientist, militarist etc), but I don't want to do that.

Comment

I just can't get them to stop building a granary first thing in their first city. Very annoying. I increased the offense build list sequence priority in the starter strategies (that are used for the first 80 turns), but they still use their default strategy first for the first city. Even if I use slic to force my strategy in the nextstrategicstage event the very first thing they do can't be overwritten it seems, unless I edit the default strategies (scientist, militarist etc), but I don't want to do that.
                  Maybe put the starter strategy at the beginning of the file? Dumb things like that sometimes work.
                  "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                    Maybe put the starter strategy at the beginning of the file? Dumb things like that sometimes work.
                    The stupid thing is the starter strategies work. I know they work because I tested with custom pw tax values like 17%, that only the AI can set, and they last precisely 80 turns, the same as the starter strategies.

After the first city is assigned the growth mayor (build list sequence) and the granary completes in 10 or so turns, it goes to the offense mayor, like I wanted in the first place. Then the 2nd city also gets assigned the growth mayor, finishes a granary, and switches to the offense mayor. Strangely the 3rd city does not get the growth mayor, perhaps because it's not in the bottom 0.2 growth cities by now. Either way it's ignoring my priorities in the starter strategies.

Comment

• I assume the priority is set above 10000?
                      "

Comment

• I've set it as high as 15000. The growth build list sequence was left set to 10000 for all strategies.

This is it:

Code:
                            BuildListSequenceElement {
                                Priority 15000 //7000
                                BuildListSequence BUILD_LIST_SEQUENCE_OFFENSE
                                Top 1.0 //0.2
                                ProductionCities
                                Advice BUILD_OFFENSE_ADVICE
                            }

Comment

• Do they start with more than one settler? If so, the unit support cost will be 100% after they build the first city, which is above the limit for the strategy? Just a thought.
                          "

Comment

Do they start with more than one settler? If so, the unit support cost will be 100% after they build the first city, which is above the limit for the strategy? Just a thought.
                            No, just one settler. And settlers don't cost any support either.

Comment

• I just did a test: even with one settler, the military advisor says that the upkeep cost is 100% on turn 0.
                              "

Comment

I just did a test: even with one settler, the military advisor says that the upkeep cost is 100% on turn 0.
                                Well done, at least I think that was the problem. Instead I used:

Code:
                                    BuildListSequenceElement {
                                        Priority 15000 //7000
                                        BuildListSequence BUILD_LIST_SEQUENCE_OFFENSE
                                        Bottom 1.0 //Top 1.0 //0.2
                                        GrowthCities //ProductionCities
                                        Advice BUILD_OFFENSE_ADVICE
                                    }
                                and the AI used the offense mayor every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X