Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TileEdit generating wrong numbers?

Hi,

I originally posted this a few days ago in the main CtP2 folder, but can't seem to get a reply. More people seem to visit this subforum + Martin, didn't you also work on tileedit? I'm hoping to get an answer here.

This is the problem.

I'm putting together my own tileset with some help from Walter, but I came across something that might be a bug.

I was replacing E's grass with the more colorfull CtP1 grass. I checked which 'facings' of the imported tile were supposed to get borders - in this case it would be the SE border. When I confirmed, I saw that the TileID's last number became 0, but, since I only have one SE border, shouldn't this be 8? I've seen other instances were I replaced one terrain tile by another with the same border attributes, and the last TileID number reset to 0, whereas it originally was something else.

If this is a bug, won't it interfere with the game's terrain generating process?

The tilefile is beginning to look great though, even if I say so myself. And Walters hills help a great deal!

Tellius
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

are you doing add or edit? i think editing keeps the number.

But I have encountered bugs like this occasionally and the way i fixed it was to delete the tileedit and then use a new one (taking it from the same zip).

the other possibility is that your tile rules may have interfered somehow.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
    X