Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this is great news!Thank you the work you have done Martin. Downloading the file now so should be giving it a try soon.
    I wonder if it will work with E,s build.

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211
      I wonder if it will work with E,s build.
      Why do you want to use one of E's build? They are older playtest versions. Here you have all the files you need for the latest version in one pack. So what?

Originally posted by Maquiladora
      When one players turn ends you can't see the barbarians move (or any other previous civs turn) when it switched to your turn. I guess this is to be expected.
      I guess this comes from the source project, in CTP1 you can see the stuff.

You can hear the "building complete" voice of the next player when you end turn.
      Actually this is related to the next problem it looks like that the BeginTurn event of the next email player fires already on the end of the turn of the last player.

Didn't get the civ greeting popup when I met my human opponent in PBEM, it did appear in hotseat though.
      Actually there should be a greeting.

Diplomacy doesn't work properly in PBEM. I send an offer to exchange maps from P1 to P2, I end my turn as P1 and the popup P2 should receive actually appears at the end of P1's turn, but I can't click any of the diplomacy window, I can of course only "quit game" or "close".
      I let the same call the Email and HotSeat diplomacy resume code from the begin turn event. So again we see that it is executed too early.

It seems the proposal is just refused or doesn't even get seen, as I offered map as a gift and nothing was given either. And actually something weirder happens afterwards. I continue the turns and every turn after I offered my map as a gift, it seems it keeps trying every turn, as the diplomacy window offering my map to P2 appears at the end of my turn (P1) every time I end turn. Of course it never reaches P2.
      Actually the proposal should be removed from the queue, while it is being delivered to the DipWizzard. This means it is removed from the queue on your turn (P1), but obviously the savegame is in the old state and still has the proposal in queue. If the BeginTurn event is executed after loading the savegame for P2 the proposal should show up. Since the proposal does not show up for P2, it means that the BeginTurn event is not executed on P2's turn, and since the new proposal stays in queue the game is saved before the BeginTurn event. In conclusion the BegingTurn event is not executed for human PBEM players. Well, that could cause some other problems.

Anyway here is a version of the executable were I separated the diplomacy handling for PBEM and HotSeat, let me know whether this works, otherwise I have to figure out I can test PBEM efficiently.

-Martin
      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:32.
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• It works now I tested all proposals (available in the early game), countering, rejecting and accepting.

I did perhaps spot one small problem though.

P1 sends a request to P2 to withdraw...

P2 rejects and sends a separate offer for a peace treaty...

P1 first receives the offer for the peace treaty, when that is closed the rejected withdraw proposal appears. It would seem preferable for the rejected proposals to appear first?

The "building complete" sound and greeting popup are the same as before, I couldn't tell from your reply whether these were attempted to be fixed or not so there you go anyway.

I played a little further and noticed tile improvements (at least I only used farms) don't finish building, they just stay on the construction graphic and no improved terrain.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Well im enjoying this new playtest.Loaded up fine and I was off and running.
          8 nations on the giantic map.Very hard level,used the rules section to help the AI.Dont have to tweak DiffDB file anymore.
          So far have run into the Incans(peaceful) and had a peace treaty with them lasting 25 turns.I tried to trade maps with them but was rejected no matter what I did.
          I do have a mass of units at their border so that could be the reason.Have to hurry if I plan to invade as they are rising fast to compete with my war machine.
          The AI is better prepared to ward off early rush tactics if you use all the AI options in rules section when setting up the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
            I did perhaps spot one small problem though.

P1 sends a request to P2 to withdraw...

P2 rejects and sends a separate offer for a peace treaty...

P1 first receives the offer for the peace treaty, when that is closed the rejected withdraw proposal appears. It would seem preferable for the rejected proposals to appear first?
            Well, that was one small thing I wanted to correct, the last proposal/response in the queue is shown at first.

The "building complete" sound and greeting popup are the same as before, I couldn't tell from your reply whether these were attempted to be fixed or not so there you go anyway.
            I hoped that this was just aesthetic problem, I went the quick and easy way. It looks like I have to revert my changes and made sure that the BeginTurn event is triggered on PBEM savegame load and not after PBEM savegame save and game quit.

I played a little further and noticed tile improvements (at least I only used farms) don't finish building, they just stay on the construction graphic and no improved terrain.
            That's caused by the fact that the BeginTurn event does not fire at the right time. Terrain improvement construction is executed from the BeginTurn event and if it does not fire - no terrain improvement.

However, if it does not fire then the should be no building, unit or wonder construction, either. So my question, can you build anything in your cities?

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

However, if it does not fire then the should be no building, unit or wonder construction, either. So my question, can you build anything in your cities?
              Yes, I built some warriors, settlers and granaries. Research and PW generating is also working fine.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Hello.
                Im 156 turns into the playtest and so far no CTD,s so all seems fine .
                Just some miner things came up.At one point I could not move my warriors or archer,s on -mountain and forest tiles.But once I saved and reload to play agian the same moves ,I was able.Have over a gig of ram and P4 computor.Will keep a eye on it.
                Another thing.I tried to start up the AE scenairo and it failed to start.On my screen was,
                DB Error Potatoes not found in Resources
                database continue yes no

Comment

• been out of the loop for awhile, decided I want to finally play a real game, so I downloaded the latest playtest. Everything fine until turn 52, CTD and can not continue game from autosave.
                  Crash.txt:
                  Version 2007-10-21
                  0x007d25fe [?Prioritize_Goals@Scheduler@@QAE_NXZ + 0x12e]
                  0x007d1da8 [?Process_Goal_Changes@Scheduler@@QAE?AW4TIME_SLICE _STATE@1@XZ + 0x138]
                  0x007ee0de [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_BeginSchedulerEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0x6e]
                  0x005798a7 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
                  0x0057a288 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
                  0x00578759 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x19]
                  0x0040c5bf [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x1cf]
                  0x00406fa4 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
                  0x00406a05 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                  0x007fccfc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                  0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x774bf24f]

Hope that helps
                  What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                  Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

I fixed this. Here is another version, just the executable: CTP2_27-Oct-2007.rar

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.

Please let me know, whether there is anything else, except the message problem I guess you don't get any message including the wonder messages. In addition I fixed the problem with the wrong terrain values of shadowed tiles.

And let me know whether diplomacy still works, I had to modify it again.

been out of the loop for awhile, decided I want to finally play a real game, so I downloaded the latest playtest. Everything fine until turn 52, CTD and can not continue game from autosave.

Hope that helps
                    Unfortunately, the Prioritize_Goals method contains so much stuff that I cannot find the problem, so that the savegame would indeed be of more help.

-Martin
                    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:32.

Comment

• There seems to be a problem with a diplomatic treaty.I have a military pact with a AI nation which is at war with another AI nation.But that nation I have a pact with has not asked me to honor the treaty by going to war against the other AI nation.This has never happened before in any of my games.Is that odd.Could that be a conflict in the updated code doing this?

Comment

• here is the autosave, hope this helps
                        Attached Files
                        What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                        Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by Fugi the Great
                          here is the autosave, hope this helps
                          Unfortunately it doesn't help, I loaded the game, I loaded the savegame, I played a turn with moving the units and hit end turn or without moving any units and simply hitting end turn. It didn't crash on the AI turns.

Of course that does not exclude that the is a problem. Maybe you did something, I did not do. I also tried the executable from revision 812 or with the one from my previous post, no crash no far.

OK, I still could try the debug version. Well, of course you could try one of the other two executables I posted here.

Originally posted by Protra3211
                          There seems to be a problem with a diplomatic treaty.I have a military pact with a AI nation which is at war with another AI nation.But that nation I have a pact with has not asked me to honor the treaty by going to war against the other AI nation.This has never happened before in any of my games.Is that odd.Could that be a conflict in the updated code doing this?
                          Of course it could be a problem caused by the fact that I modified the diplomatic code. One thing I would like to know is whether send you any diplomatic proposal.

-Martin

Comment

• What happed is -I made a milatary pact with the Germans.Well they are at war with another AI nation the Scots.The Germans should have asked me to honor the pact.I always thought that its a two way treaty-who ever goes to war the other helps.I found that once I made a pact like this in the basic version of CtP2 the AI was quick to ask that I honor it at once or the treaty is broken.Also I have found that I can threaten any AI civ to give me money or maps ,with a embargo to boot.Even more powerful ones which should declare war with that kind of diplomatic exchange.
                            So far I have not been asked by the Germans to honor the treaty.
                            Last edited by Protra3211; October 27, 2007, 21:31.

Comment

• Hi, Brand Newbie here to the Apolyton forums, sorry about the pretentious user name my usual favorites were already taken.
                              The Playtest is an awesome achevement, it seems to me easily the peer of Civ III, and a massive impovement over the original CTP. However, I too experinced some major glitches first and foremost repeated CTD problems after a point so that it was impossible to take a turn without crashing the program. (sorry, I deleted the file assuming that the current Playtest version released this month was simply released corrupted; I don't know which turn it was but I already reached the development of fusion tanks by this point although I was playing on Easy my first time out so it may have been around 1700 AD?). Another problem I found, though one that could be worked around, is that every so often units would get stuck in position, especially in cities, so as to be unable to move (even though given a green line to do so). I worked around this by simply saving and reloading which enabled the units to again move freely. And finally, not really a problem, but perhaps if it helps to know, an indication of where or why files became corrupted- frequently the "turn" button would blink extemely rapidly.
                              Thanks for any help I can get on this. I would Love to be able to play this game - using the Playtest version-all the way yhrough

Comment

• ST.Marcus.

First off welcome! Secondly, thanks for noting the problem but a game save is really needed. Sometimes the problem isn't obvious and we need to see the crash ourselves to fix it. If you get a chance please post a save game especially if you experience the problem when starting a new game.
                                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
                                X