Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok thanks. Maybe using that method may work for an Orders Listbox or a Tileimp List box.
    Last edited by Ekmek; June 7, 2007, 18:43.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Ok I've figured out how to upload files to the directory. But haven't made entries yet.

So Martin's 2006.09.09 CTP2Playtest that we currently have in three files i have now made it one file

(no need to download, link for info purposes only )

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.

I guess in the future Martin if you post the files i'll merge them and add them to the Apolyton's files section to save you space.

Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:20.

Comment

• Re: Build 735

LATEST PLAYTEST: September 9th 2006

2006.09.09.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
        2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
        2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Then install this

LATEST BUILD REV 735: May 19th 2007

Rev735

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.
        A small mistake in the french version of REV 735.

In the french file "ldl_str.txt", the following lines were removed :

CANT_ATTACK_HAVE_TREATY "Cette action rompra notre traité avec les {player[0].civ_name_plural}. Voulez-vous poursuivre ?"
        AT_LEAST_ONE_COULDNT_BE_EXPELLED "Les {player[0].civ_name_plural} n'ont pas réussi à loger toutes leurs forces sur notre territoire. Ils ont promis de les retirer dès que possible."
        #New Messages
        ATTACK_WARNING "This action is an act of war! Do you REALLY want to declare war on the {player[0].civ_name_plural}?"
        CIV2DOVES "The Dove Party dominates parliament! They have vetoed this aggression."
        CIV2HAWKs "The Hawk Party backs this war against this Axis of Evil!"
        BARBWAR "These savages threaten our citizens. Pacification operations have begun!"
        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:21.

Comment

• Thanks,
          I'll add them back in. And welcome!

Comment

• Re: Re: Build 735

Originally posted by Pulsar68
            A small mistake in the french version of REV 735.
            Actual not a mistake.

In the french file "ldl_str.txt", the following lines were removed :
            And those lines went to info_str.txt to all the other messages.

I'll add them back in.
            Well in that case I have to remove them again.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Build 735

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Actual not a mistake.

And those lines went to info_str.txt to all the other messages.

Well in that case I have to remove them again.

-Martin
              OK

I searched why I had SLIC error messages, and when I compared english ldl_str.txt, french ldl_str.txt, previous REV version.... I found these lines...

AE pack is a great CTP2 pack. Thank you for your work.

Comment

• What are those untranslated strings ?

Are they coming from E's CtP2 Civ3 mod ?

Do they need to be translated ?

If some strings need to be translated it would be better to post them in the Translation thread before the next CtP2 Build or Rev.

Hope you are all doing well.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Build 735

I searched why I had SLIC error messages, and when I compared english ldl_str.txt, french ldl_str.txt, previous REV version.... I found these lines...
                  Well I have now to investigate this a little bit more. So when occured those slic errors. In a fresh game? Or did you reload an old game? In the latter case you have to reload slic. To do this open the chat window by typing the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic

Without reloading slic you may also encounter nonsense messages.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                    What are those untranslated strings ?

Are they coming from E's CtP2 Civ3 mod ?

Do they need to be translated ?

If some strings need to be translated it would be better to post them in the Translation thread before the next CtP2 Build or Rev.

Hope you are all doing well.
                    It is not a translation problem. Only a problem with code lines in french folder, with which the game crashes.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Build 735

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well I have now to investigate this a little bit more. So when occured those slic errors. In a fresh game? Or did you reload an old game? In the latter case you have to reload slic. To do this open the chat window by typing the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic

Without reloading slic you may also encounter nonsense messages.

-Martin
                      Slic errors occure when I try to start CTP2 AE. And after that when I try to start a fresh game.
                      The SLIC errors :
                      ...\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\scripts.slc:1231: CANT_ATTACK_HAVE_TREATY not found in string data base. Continue ?
                      ...\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\scripts.slc:2364: AT_LEAST_ONE_COULDNT_BE_EXPELLED not found in string data base. Continue ?
                      and
                      ...\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\scripts.slc:2944: ATTACK_WARNING not found in string data base. Continue ?
                      When I modify the french ldl_str.txt file adding
                      CANT_ATTACK_HAVE_TREATY "Cette action rompra notre traité avec les {player[0].civ_name_plural}. Voulez-vous poursuivre ?"
                      AT_LEAST_ONE_COULDNT_BE_EXPELLED "Les {player[0].civ_name_plural} n'ont pas réussi à loger toutes leurs forces sur notre territoire. Ils ont promis de les retirer dès que possible."
                      #New Messages
                      ATTACK_WARNING "This action is an act of war! Do you REALLY want to declare war on the {player[0].civ_name_plural}?"
                      CIV2DOVES "The Dove Party dominates parliament! They have vetoed this aggression."
                      CIV2HAWKs "The Hawk Party backs this war against this Axis of Evil!"
                      BARBWAR "These savages threaten our citizens. Pacification operations have begun!"
                      the problem seems to be solved.

I hope that can help you. Sorry for my bad english...

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Build 735

When I modify the french ldl_str.txt file adding the problem seems to be solved.
                        Better you modify Info_str.txt that way, and when you do it you see the problem, info_str.txt of the French, Italian and Spanish version are not the latest ones from the respiratory. Yes the this playtest is not revision 735, but a mixture of this and something before.

I hope that can help you. Sorry for my bad english...
                        Well what would happen if I start to complain about my bad English. Don't you have other things to do than complaining about your bad English like improving it? The only way to improve it is to use it. Well if you still care all those language names are in English like English, German or French are capitalized. But that is just some little noise that doesn't prevent us from understanding you and that is the only thing that matters.

-Martin

Comment

• Two annoying bugs still exist with scenario creating.

Brazil always seems to be a selectable civ, no matter how many civs I choose. Only way to prevent them from being available is setting up as one civ choice, but this is not a good fix.

turnlength.txt still doesn't work (it did work in the activision patch).

Also another bug i just noticed. If you load a new game, /importmap a map the settlers that were there (from the new game) will still exist, but the sprite won't be there.

I'd be seriously considering making a scenario with the activision patch instead if it weren't for the saving game bug there.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Renaming Brazil doesn't help? just pick the civ you want and then have the BRAZIL headers equate to what ever civ you want. you should be a ble to paste your civ in a separate text doc then replace all with BRAZIL stuff then hey should be gone.

whats the turnlength problem?

what is /importmap do? never heard of it

Comment

• Yes the only way to get rid of them ATM is to assign them a civ in the game and change their civ names to what you want in-game. Something done earlier (at least a year ago) in the playtest releases caused it, perhaps something involving the civ database at a total guess.

turnlength.txt isn't having any effect at all, the dates just follow the settings in const.txt as usual. Even in the other scenarios, Alex etc it isn't working with the playtest. When I transfer my turnlength.txt to an activision patch install it works fine.

/importmap imports from a .txt file. You can create a map with the scen editor and /exportmap it as a .txt file.

Those are my main problems. It's really annoying as I only want to create a simple historical scenario to play around with, and there's not much point doing it with the activision patch as the save messes up when reloading I think. Also I may want to add other things using the playtest features later.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I might be able to track dwn the turnlength issue...what lines does it use in constDB that way I can see in the code where they are used and try to switch them

Comment

Working...
                                X