This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LemurMadness

PS: Maybe we should start a thread about Advances?
    I'm doing just that Give me some time and I'll reply to your post in that new thread.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Whilst not wishing to sound too impatient would be possible for someone to release a new build?

Comment

• Is the bug with disappearing workers when you lose a pop fixed? I couldn't find it.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• It's been fixed.

Comment

• Excellent. Then a new build would be useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
              Excellent. Then a new build would be useful.
              Well, E should finish the readme first.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Re: Re: Revision Build 732

These files need to be installed first

LATEST PLAYTEST: September 9th 2006

2006.09.09.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
                2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
                2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Then install this

LATEST BUILD REV 732: May 17th 2007

Rev732

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.

Brief Changelog:
                2007-05-16
                Disabled: MaxCityWonders because it caused crash
                Disabled: MaxCityBuildings because it caused crash
                Changed: NeedsFeatToBuild now only sees if player has feat not all players
                Added: NeedsAnyPlayerFeatToBuild to allow construction regardless which player achieved feat
                Added: New Options
                - Rules Screen
                No AI City Limit Government City Limit happiness effect for AI can be toggled on/off
                No City Limit Government City Limit happiness effect can be toggled on/off
                Added: New Database Flags
                - ConstDB
                MAX_CITY_WONDERS modders can specify the number of wonders a city can build
                MAX_CITY_BUILDINGS modders can specify how many buildings a city may build
                - WonderDB
                ProhibtSlavers this wonder flag prevents addition slavers

2007-05-01 (revision 726)
                Fixed: Barbarian player cannot decalre war from diplomanager
                Fixed: Disband Assert errors in Debug version
                Changed: (Alex Scenario) now uses improved AI strategies
                Fixed: (Alex scenario) building tileimps now have sound
                Fixed: (Samurai Scenario) Scenario shold now be playable
                Fixed: Unit Upgrading
                Fixed: Search error showing hidden entried in the Great Library
                Fixed: Error reading the incorrect entry in the Great Library
                Fixed: Bug causing two workers to be subtracted from a city when settler built
                Added: Ruins Tileimp to be used with profile option of razed cities leaving a ruin on the map
                Added: New Database Flags
                - ConstDB
                MAX_CITY_WONDERS modders can specify the number of wonders a city can build
                MAX_CITY_BUILDINGS modders can specify how many buildings a city may build
                - WonderDB
                BuildingEffectEverywhere same as BuildingEverywhere but flag is more explanatory
                - TerrainImprovementDB
                RiverOnly tileimp can only be build on a river
                IsUrban tileimp is considered urban
                IsIrrigation tileimp is considered irrigation
                NeedsIrrigation tileimp must be build one square from IsIrrigation tileimps or a river
                NextToCity tileimp must be built 1 square next to city
                IsWonder tileimp is a wonder and can only be built if a player has a wonder
                tileimp can only be built once
                tileimp must be built in a square owned by the cit that built the tileimp
                Added: New Options
                - Rules Screen
                AImilitia Empty AI cities generate a cheap unit at the beginning of a turn
                No AI gold deficit AI ctites don't drop below 0
                No AI production deficit AI production never drops below 0
                Gold per city cities cost gold multiplied by the number of city limit
                Gold per unit units cost gold each turn multiplied by wage rate
                Aicitydefense AI cities have a defense increase based on population size
                - Scenario Editor
                DebugAI Button toggles showing the AI unit's goals
                - Gameplay Screen
                ShowEnemyHealth toggles shoowing AI health bar
                ShowDebugAI toggles showing the AI unit's goals
                Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:16.
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• I'm getting a lot of strange menu graphics, even when not using a scenario. What's the reason for that?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• i started a new game and didnt get those errors. did you load a a save game? are you using the scenario folder?
                    Last edited by Ekmek; May 17, 2007, 17:10.

Comment

• New game appears to be fine actually. Its only with scenarios. I got similar (but not exactly the same) strange graphics with the last playtest in scenarios.

Actually i can't repeat it now. All i get is a different border to the "loading" window when starting a new game of a scenario. But nothing like the screenshot i posted above. Everything is fine once the game is loaded now, in new game and scenarios

BTW i just started the Alexander scenario and the Macedonian city of Philippopolis just revolted and is now under barb control...

Comment

BTW i just started the Alexander scenario and the Macedonian city of Philippopolis just revolted and is now under barb control...
                        Is that a good or bad thing? IIRC historically that is what happened to Alex He had to go suppress a revolt and the Athenians and Thebans thought he died there so they revolted to. After that Thebes was razed...

Comment

• Originally posted by E

Is that a good or bad thing? IIRC historically that is what happened to Alex He had to go suppress a revolt and the Athenians and Thebans thought he died there so they revolted to. After that Thebes was razed...
                          Did that used to happen? I haven't played it in so long

Maybe I just got paranoid because my recent game and experiences with strange revolts.

Some other notes I made while playing my first game with rev732.

Theres some text missing for the bottom left button on the rules screen.

Sometimes when i open a ruin it tells me i got a unit but i don't get anything.

It's annoying when barbs build/complete wonders. It's even more annoying when they kill a civ really early. Higher barb setting just makes it easier for the human.

In the Unit Manager under "Support", suggest changing it to "Support P/G", then underneath give both the production/gold value like "3/1". For the Military Support button on the advice window, put "Upkeep Gold n%, Prod. n%" "Upkeep Gold n, Prod. n", essentially removing "Military" with space for "Gold"

AI putting all its Coracles in its coastal city when i attack. In one sense this is fine as its more units (they may provide cover while their archers hit me), but i also think the AI can't build anymore units like Hoplite to defend more strongly because the city is full?

Enemy civ/barbs trading to me in wartime, but i can't embargo them when at war.

After loading a game the empire happiness appears really high in the empire manager, but all look normal in the city managers and national manager.

A couple of crash.txt and save. The first happened while i was playing and ended turn it just dropped to desktop. The second was when i reloaded the autosave and repeated my actions then ended turn, i got a msg that the Canadians had revolted to form a new civ just before it dropped to desktop.

Code:
                          Version 2007-05-16
                            0x0041e646  [?DrawCityImprovements@UnitActor@@QAEX_N@Z + 0x14e]
                            0x0041bd6e  [?Draw@UnitActor@@QAE_N_N@Z + 0x2d7]
                            0x00459d1f  [?PaintUnitActor@TiledMap@@QAEXPAVUnitActor@@_N@Z + 0x5b]
                            0x0045a595  [?RepaintLayerSprites@TiledMap@@QAEHPAUtagRECT@@H@Z + 0x2a0]
                            0x0045b1ba  [?RepaintSprites@TiledMap@@QAEHPAVaui_Surface@@PAUtagRECT@@_N@Z + 0x70]
                            0x00831847  [?background_draw_handler@@YA?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAX@Z + 0x106]
                            0x007a7a70  [?DrawThis@Background@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x22]
                            0x0077252c  [?Draw@aui_Region@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x34]
                            0x0078f303  [?Draw@aui_Window@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x23]
                            0x0040f915  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@AAEHIAAI@Z + 0x20e]
                            0x0040fc8e  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0xa7]
                            0x00408e26  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3ea]
                            0x0040879f  [WinMain@16 + 0x6d]
                            0x009f8b5c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                            0x77e814c7  [__onexitbegin + 0x772b47cf]
                          Code:
                          Version 2007-05-16
                            0x00638c90  [?GetGovernment@StrategyRecord@@QBEPBVGovernmentRecord@@H@Z + 0x27]
                            0x009db136  [?ComputeBestGovernment@Governor@@QBEHXZ + 0x66]
                            0x009e97da  [?BeginTurn@CtpAi@@SAXH@Z + 0x8c]
                            0x0057e380  [?GEVHookCallback@BeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0xad]
                            0x0061ec81  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x9b]
                            0x0061f8de  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x40]
                            0x0061cfbb  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
                            0x0061f6b3  [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x4b]
                            0x0061f63e  [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0xa0]
                            0x0061f58e  [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x480]
                            0x0061f100  [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xec]
                            0x00449c9f  [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXECUTE@@@Z + 0x3d]
                            0x004404ae  [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x190]
                            0x004402ba  [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
                            0x0040f96d  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@AAEHIAAI@Z + 0x266]
                          edit: this save was using the AE mod BTW http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...aemodv0_01.rar
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Maquiladora; May 17, 2007, 18:34.

Comment

It's annoying when barbs build/complete wonders. It's even more annoying when they kill a civ really early. Higher barb setting just makes it easier for the human.
                            Good point. I think I'll make it so barbarians cant build wonders. I guess that could be another rules option.

Not sure what to do about the early kills though. that happens in all civ games. What we should do though is that once a civ is killed, the game should check for any barbarian cities and make them a new civ.

Comment

• Damn, I can't continue my game Same save just tried again but got a slightly different crash.txt this time:

Code:
                              Version 2007-05-16
                                0x00517193  [?GetWorkdayExpectation@Player@@QBENXZ + 0xc]
                                0x009db4a5  [?GetMaxSliderSettings@Governor@@QBEXAAUSlidersSetting@1@@Z + 0x23]
                                0x009dc4c5  [?OptimizeSliders@Governor@@QBEXAAUSlidersSetting@1@@Z + 0x1e]
                                0x009e9a77  [?BeginTurn@CtpAi@@SAXH@Z + 0x329]
                                0x0057e380  [?GEVHookCallback@BeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0xad]
                                0x0061ec81  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x9b]
                                0x0061f8de  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x40]
                                0x0061cfbb  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
                                0x0061f6b3  [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x4b]
                                0x0061f63e  [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0xa0]
                                0x0061f58e  [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x480]
                                0x0061f100  [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xec]
                                0x00449c9f  [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXECUTE@@@Z + 0x3d]
                                0x004404ae  [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x190]
                                0x0041a47f  [?Process@UnitActor@@UAEXXZ + 0x21e]
                                0x0044221f  [?ProcessActiveUnits@Director@@QAEIXZ + 0x9b]
                                0x004402c2  [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x2d]
                                0x0040f96d  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@AAEHIAAI@Z + 0x266]
                              Again a city revolts (this time Barb city of Berlin) to a new civ.

Comment

• is this Alex Scenario? New game? or a a 719 saved game?

Comment

Working...
                                X