Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E's Civ3Mod, where to install

Hi,

Just installed the contents of the 3 rar files and the latest build (619b if I remember correctly), but I'm a bit stuck now.

E says in a thread about his Civ3mod, to install the files in the Scenarios folder. There are however, several folders with that name in the CtP2 folder.

* Call to Power 2\Scenarios
    * Call to Power 2\ctp2_data\default\scenarios
    * Call to Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp\save\Scen

Where am I supposed to place the Civ3mod and the accompanying Diplomod and tileset?

Finally I'm supposed to re-add (??) two txt files to the Civ3mod. I suppose I have to look for those files in the corresponding folder structure in the main ctp2 directory?

Sorry guys, I've been copying a quazillion files here and there, it can make even the most bloodthirsty conqueror a bit confused.

Tellius
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Try

Hi,

Just tried to copy the Civ3Mod to what seems to be the most logical place, the Call to Power 2\Scenarios folder.

Then I tried to install the diplomod into this Call to
    Power 2\Scenarios\Civ3Mod folder structure - it's not explicitely mentioned in the thread by E if this is the place where the diplomod is supposed to go, it might also be supposed to go into the corresponding folders of the main Call to Power 2 directory. Did I choose correctly?

If I remember correctly, there are two files in this diplomod with AOM_... in front of its name (AOM_civilization.txt being one of them), is this 'normal'? Won't the Civ3mod use the regular civilization.txt file instead?

Finally, I'm supposed to 're-add' civilization.txt and civ.str into the correct folders in the scenario folder, but both files are already there. What to do?

E, should you find the time... I won't start up the scenario until I'm pretty sure I won't get a crash and everything is pretty much where it should be.

As for the AE game itself, I enjoy it immensely. After AOM (which I played on a P450) this game goes FAST. I was already accustomed to the relatively long waiting periods between turns in AOM, the speed of AE (which doesn't need to go over many lines of SLIC) was a very nice surprise. No garrison icon next to city names though - first and only little thing I noticed. Countdown counter until next pop growth is a nice touch. Extra buttons in for instance the city manager can be usefull, but I haven't used them yet. I'm curious as to what will come next.

Thanks

Roeland
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

tellius i'm away from home for a few more days. but first yes, install it into the Call To Power 2\Scenarios folder.

Copy the whole thing so that it starts with a Civ3mod folder then there is a scen0000 and the rest of them.

Select it as ascenario then start the a new game.

If you want the diplom you have to install NOT as a scenario but in the main default and english folders (extract as before)

Don't forget the Civ3mod uses my tiles.

any problems plz post it.
      Last edited by Ekmek; August 2, 2006, 12:46.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
      X