Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed i only had slic problems when the code was activated in game even though the game would load fine. But you probably know bette rthan me. MArtin and J are more familiar with SLIC hopefully they can help
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BureauBert
      I have this function in my mod from the very beginning and it never caused any trouble, therefore I really doubt it is related to the crash.
      And therefore it isn't the problem the crash report clearly indicates that the game crashes before your function is executed. It has to do with accessing a unit of invalid type. So far I have prevented the game from crashing in this situation. But the invalid type is still tested by the CanBuildUnit method.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I have collected various crashes with the latest playtest versions (from rev568 up to rev574b).
        Attached Files
        The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• I uploaded 576 build that fixes the pillage, barbs, etc.. and a lot more...

well here's the sample from the readme

Changelog:
          2006-05-24
          Fixed: Removed War from slave attacks now just regardcost
          Fixed: There is now no pop-up when you attack a barbarian
          Added: HostileTerrainCost to terrain. deducts this int from your unit's hp when in hostile terrain.
          Added: ImmuneToHostileTerrain to units, they wont get deduction (nor if it has a fort)
          Added: SettleImprovement to entenched units. (they need the PW to finish it)
          Fixed: pillage non-owned improvement bug.
          Fixed: there is now no pop-up for pillaging. you should know it.
          Fixed: Bomber movement now works like before.
          Added: a unit with SettleBuilding builds that building in in enemy city when the city is converted (for religion spreading)
          Added: Not fully tested by SectarianHappiness Int to DiffDB. Should suffer happiness if citystyles or govts are differnt than the founders
          Added: IsXenophobia to governments. If you have a govt wit this flag then city's of a different city style will lose 1 pop per turn
          Added: Barbariancamps to DiffDB. If a barb entrenches this flag wil have them create a city

2006-05-16
          Added: Tileimps with colony and BonusProductionExport, BonusGoldExport, CanExportTileValue flags can add shields outside player radius.
          Fixed: OnePerCiv now works for buildings
          Added: CanHarvest to units that also CanEntrench. Adds the terrain gold to your treasury

Comment

• Another day, another build (now 577)

a lot of this stuff centers around a way to implement religions in CtP2. As I have it set up in my civ3 mod:
            - "Holy City" wonders can only be built if some one achieves a feat (using NeedsFeatToBuild). My intent was that only the person that getsthe feat can build the wonder, but so far it seems once that feat is achieved for anyone, which after trying civ4 I think its better it gives everyone a chance to build the holy city as the feat represents the explosion of the new religion in the world. Once the holycity is build it builds that religion's temple in all cities.
            - Religious unit "missionaries" can only be built if the city has that building so with the holy city you can build these missionaries any where.
            - If a religious unit converts a city then it builds that religious building improvement in the city (giving gold to the holy city too by my new code GoldBuildngAnywhere). the city now converted can build those religious units.
            -Only certan govts (theocracy, tyrrany, anarchy, monarchy) can build religious units
            - if you have 3 of any religious temples you can build a STate REligion building in your capital (to switch state religions you have to sell it in order to build a different one)
            - SectarianHappiness comes into play as the buildings in a city may conflict with each other or conflict with the state religion (set now at 1 happiness point for each)
            - whew...
            I'm getting to point where I'm running out of things to add. I still want my popcoststobuild (having settlers cost more than one) so I'll be working on that. I'm thinking of diving into interface but that maybe too much.

I guess on the good news side my work is having a C++ class I'll be enrolled in so I might do more in the future.

My baby is starting to take more time, but I think I may be open to taking requests

From the playtest...
            2006-05-27
            Added: HasGulags flag to govt. Each turn a citizen is turned to a slave in this govt
            Added: IsCapitalist flag to govt. Each turn a citizen is turned to a merchant in this govt
            Added: IsTechnocracy flag to govt. Each turn a citizen is turned to a scientist in this govt
            Added: IsAgraraian flag to govt. Each turn a citizen is turned toa farmer in this govt
            Added: HasMindlessTelevision flag to govt. Each turn a citizen is turned toa entertainer in this govt
            Added: CantSell to buildings
            Added: ExcludedbyBuilding if you have any bldgs in the list you cant build this building
            Added: Reform City destroys a building if you have a building that conflicts with settlebuilding of the reforming unit
            Added: GoldPerBuildingAnywhere to wonders (uses with BuildingAnywhere), works like GoldPerTelevision but you can
            specify which building to collect from (multiplied by population)
            Added: IncreaseHP addeed to buildings. Gives a bonus HP only when building is first built
            Fixed: IsXenophobia changed to IsXenophobic

Comment

• I have some good news: The nasty crash caused by an invalid unit type is actually gone (thanks to Martin) .

To compensate for this loss I produced a new crash by loading a savegame :

0x004b9d1a [?GetNumGovernmentsModified@UnitRecord@@QBEJXZ + 0xa]
              0x004ad6c0 [?CollectResources@CityData@@QAEXXZ + 0x658]
              0x004b87c8 [?GetProjectedScience@CityData@@QAEJXZ + 0x5f]
              0x00480075 [?GetProjectedScience@Advances@@QBEJXZ + 0x61]
              0x00894d93 [?BeginTurn@MapAnalysis@@QAEXXZ + 0x3cc]
              0x008a91d2 [?Load@CtpAi@@SAXAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x18e]
              0x0052ec9f [?gameinit_Initialize@@YAJJJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x2ced]
              0x0040d67e [?InitializeGame@CivApp@@QAEJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x196]
              0x0055a07b [?Restore@GameFile@@QAEKPBD@Z + 0xcc6]
              0x00558082 [?RestoreGame@GameFile@@SAXPBD@Z + 0x68]
              0x0040f2e0 [?LoadSavedGame@CivApp@@QAEJPAD@Z + 0x19c]
              0x0040ff59 [?Execute@LoadSaveGameAction@@UAEXPAVaui_Control@@K K@Z + 0x19]
              0x006e3e01 [?HandleActions@aui_UI@@QAEXXZ + 0x5f]
              0x006e3d8c [?Process@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x47]
              0x0040ec1f [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x1fd]
              0x0040ef6d [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0xa7]
              0x00407db0 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3b6]
              0x00407827 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
              0x008b7eac [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
              0x7c816d4f [__onexitbegin + 0x7bc5ea57]
              BTW: The wording of this crash.txt reminds me that I'd still be interested to learn what happened to the GovernmentsModified concept ...
              Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:59.
              The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• ... and a new crash (never seen before):

0x008746e8 [?begin@?$list@USettleTarget@SettleMap@@V?$allocato r@USettleTarget@SettleMap@@@std@@@std@@QAE?AVitera tor@12@XZ + 0x18]
                0x008809d3 [?Rollback_All_Agents@Plan@@QAEJXZ + 0x42]
                0x00883e66 [?Rollback_Matches_For_Goal@Scheduler@@IAEJABQAVGoa l@@@Z + 0xe4]
                0x00882a02 [?Match_Resources@Scheduler@@QAEX_N@Z + 0x2c3]
                0x008a8785 [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_ProcessMatchesEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0xb9]
                0x005c024f [?Run@GameEventHook@@AAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAViter ator@?$list@UNode@GameEventHook@@V?$allocator@UNod e@GameEventHook@@@std@@@std@@PAVGameEventArgList@@ AAJ@Z + 0x63]
                0x005c01e6 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x7e]
                0x005c0dca [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
                0x005beae4 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
                0x005c0c28 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
                0x005c0bcb [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x7b]
                0x0040efc9 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x103]
                0x007746b0 [?CheckForEasterEggs@ChatWindow@@QAEHPAD@Z + 0x124]
                0x00774567 [?ChatCallback@ChatWindow@@SAXPAVaui_Control@@KKPAX @Z + 0x84]
                0x006dead1 [?HitEnter@aui_TextField@@SAXPAUHWND__@@@Z + 0x52]
                0x006df07b [?TextFieldWindowProc@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z + 0x101]
                0x77d18734 [__onexitbegin + 0x7716043c]
                0x77d18816 [__onexitbegin + 0x7716051e]
                0x77d189cd [__onexitbegin + 0x771606d5]
                0x77d196c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x771613cf]
                0x00407e06 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x40c]
                0x00407827 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
                0x008b7eac [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                0x7c816d4f [__onexitbegin + 0x7bc5ea57]
                Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 18:00.

Comment

• the first one might be a saved game inconsistency..but the mapanalsis part leads me to believe it related to the second.

Not sure why the second one was created all i did was remove the bad settle code. Martin did tell me to move a for loop s I'm going to try that. but what turn did this happen on? are you still using your better AI settling slic?

EDIT: No one can say the apolyton edition has bad tech support

the link in my sig is now 577b.rar and i added martin's suggested fix so hope that helps
                  Last edited by Ekmek; May 28, 2006, 12:49.

Comment

• No one can say the apolyton edition has bad tech support
                    The support is excellent and friendly, indeed

So far I had no crash with rev577b, but the intended bugfix seems to have lead to another settling issue:

The brown guys are standing there since turn 0 (eventually moving back and forth one step, then standing still again) -- this player has 0 cities after 41 turns. It seems like they don't get assigned a (valid) settling goal -- well, the terrain is not particularily nice but still offers some obvious settling opportunities. As you can see on the minimap the other folks are doing pretty well -- with the help of my BetterSettling SLIC, which only kicks in after the player has founded two cities using his initial settlers and the program's internal logic. So the brown guys in the picture cannot be paralyzed by my SLIC .

Comment

• in the test game i was playing i wasn't getting any stray settlers. Are the set to not settle on tundra (the restricted terrain settling we talked before) or is this all based on score?

In my playtest I didn't get the settle crash but the minprereq showed up again and the governor (related to missing civ I think) we need to track those down.

PS man its been a long time since I looked at original CTP2 graphics

Comment

• Maybe looking at the Const file might help. At the top of the file are intergers set to change the percent of land ,continent and homogenous.Also mnay other settings that make up all the tiles of the game.
                        Have used the Apolyton pack number settings which work well .Of course have to watch how you set the sliders for the map at the start of the game.
                        Only will make small changes (like DiffDB text numbers ) when playing playtest never add any slic files so as not to have any mix ups with the reworked code.

Comment

• ok, I've gotten to the end of the tech tree and in the terraform box are only 4 types: grassland, plains, forest and jungle.

I distinctly remember being able to terraform to any sort of terrain before, so was this a design decision in the Apolyton edition, or is it a bug?

In the end-game, I used to use tundra to render the terrain around a city useless so that I could push a city I didn't want under 4 population and disband it, now I have an occasional city that for whatever reason will not go below 4.

P.S.: Still haven't had that slaver thing happen again, in some test games.

Comment

• Are the set to not settle on tundra (the restricted terrain settling we talked before) or is this all based on score?
                            No, I didn't use any restricted settling flag -- these early settlers just can't move on mountains (the old flag MovementType:Land only). Just from looking at the situation and without knowing how the program tasks settlers it seems like they are surrounded by too much tundra/low score terrain -- but on the other hand I wonder why they wouldn't settle on some of the forest tiles or the friendly grassland tile in the south .

Maybe looking at the Const file might help. At the top of the file are intergers set to change the percent of land [...]
                            Well the problem here is not map generation, I am basically using the settings from Apolyton Pack v 1 for these ultra-gigantic maps and they regularily work out well.

In most games player placement is a bigger problem: Often the game places the players too close to each other while leaving a big landmass with good terrain empty. There are some parameters in const.txt concerning player placement, but modifying them doesn't seem to have much -- if any -- impact.

But concerning the "stray settlers" situation described above: Although they are not placed nicely, they should be able to find and settle at two locations.

when playing playtest never add any slic files so as not to have any mix ups with the reworked code
                            We could certainly need more players testing the unmodified game . But IMHO it's also useful to test the modding features being introduced / reworked / broken by the Source Code Project. Of course sometimes it's not easy to tell if things happening in the game are caused by a bug in the script or in the source code -- but by trying to figure this out we could already reveal that some SLIC-functions need to be used more carefully in CTP2 AE (in other words: what used to be proper use of SLIC-functions in the original game is now a bug ). Or, as another example, the scenario structure is now "tested and certified" for a "real" Mod.

However, as I already said above, the two stray settlers we are talking about here are not affected by any SLIC-manipulation because my SLIC settling functions only kick in "if(thePlayersNumberOfCities >= 2)", which is unfortunately not the case for the brown player.

I will continue starting new playtest games and see what happens ...

Comment

• Another question concerning SLIC: I tried to use IsContinentBiggerThan(location, size) on water locations to figure out if a water tile belongs to an ocean or a lake (intended purpose: prevent settling at lakes and building a navy there ). This didn't work out -- IsContinentBiggerThan obviously always returned true for water locations. I didn't yet test it for land tiles, but I wonder if this function has been implemented at all (IIRC this has always been a question) and if so: if it's supposed to work for landmasses only or also for oceans?

Comment

• Percuno:
                                In 577b I removed slaving triggers war, it just has a regard cost now. I'm not much of a slaver so in my test I didn't do but in my occasion 'check the AI' I revealed the map and saw the AI building slavers and some cities having slaves. Is the problem the declare war part or that the human cant enslave?

As for TUNDRA etc I think when Maquiladora did some balancing he took stuff from the Super Apolyton Pack and also may have made the other terraforming unavailable (using subneural ads).

Bureaubert
                                Are the forests set to mountain too? I have my settlers set to move land and mountain but only settle land.

Also that land does look terrible and if thats the whole continent (greenland?) then I think that little green turf below might not have a high enough of a score to settle either. Its like the settlers are tryingto leave the island. ou might want to lower the AI settle score to only the value of the grassland square (I think standard is 30 but it does the radius and a min score of 300 I think is needed)

As for slicing i wish I knew how to code slic because it might be possible to have IsLakeBiggerThan that evaluates the size of sea tiles enclosed by land. as far as I know Martin implemented it and its only for land tiles

Protra: good to see your still around

Comment

Working...
                                X