This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by percuno
    I didn't get any popup at all when attacking barbarians, so I just left him there and took my frustrations out on the Japanese .
    Was that with the 573 build? I know it was a problem with571 & 572. I playtestest for 100 turns last night and had a lot of barbarian fights

Is there anything I have to do with the files in "database flags.zip"?
    no, that just for modding reference.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• ok, haven't had time to try attacking them with 573, I'll see about giving it a shot tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seems to be working fine, finally cleared out a bunch of fortified barbarians from my territory and a few of my neighbours.

Still wondering about whether the use of slavers has been "nerfed" (for lack of a better term), I have not been able to make a single slave raid on any city anywhere since I updated from the latest "official release" build.
      Last edited by percuno; May 16, 2006, 06:13.

Comment

• 574b is uploaded. I added some new flags. But most significant is that I added a check so the AI wont settle on mountain if the settler cant. It wont affect the normal game but should help me and bureaubert out. Needs some thourough looking, but it appeared that way up to turn 50.

@percuno. The AI has done some slaving of me. Are the odds to high? I havent touched them.

Comment

• I might make a few disposable starts to give it a thorough testing, so far 573 has been very solid. It's absolutely amazing what has been done with this as compared to the Activision release. I wish I'd had the time to contribute more than just playtesting, but I am already in just about over my head with college and such.

Some of these private tech colleges need a thorough overhaul, if I'd known what I was in for I'd've never attended this one.

Comment

• I had this error today in 573:

I had just disbanded a city, and then attempted to pillage a tile just outside the edge of my territory, which was also adjacent to the tile the city had been on:

The error occurred after I clicked on the confirmation of this odd dialog:

I am guessing it thinks I want to declare war on the owner of the territory I no longer own, which has neither been assigned to a new owner due to the disbanding of the city or marked as unowned yet.

Comment

• Don't do that! just kidding. Yep thats a problem. I think instead of coding it it should be a SLIC fix. Martin or Bureaubert do you have any recommendations?

percuno, again thanks for playing. Hope you are enjoying it (despite the bugs)

Comment

• Originally posted by E

3) did you copy over the new script.slc in my rar? I wasnt able to duplicate your crash.
                Yes, I transferred everything that was in the Rar file.

I noticed another problem in 572, yes I see that there is a newer version out, but this problem wasn't mentioned, so it might still exist. Finally got to start flying bombers around, and noticed the flight movement distance is cut in half, it shows it should move 10 spaces per turn, but every time the unit moves 1 space, that distance decreases by two - must be a lot of turbulence up there.
                What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Regarding the error I would say the erroneous message is triggered by the sourcecode, so this should be fixed in the sourcecode . There must be a piece of code somewhere that triggers a warning if you pillage a tile improvement and needs an additional check -- something like (theTiOwner != theCurrentPlayer && theTiOwner > -1), or even better (theTiOwner != theCurrentPlayer && theTiOwner > 0) to avoid warnings if just good old barbs are concerned .

However -- in the old (Pre-Apolyton-Edition) game the same action used to trigger a crash instead of a warning -- the famous "neutral tile improvement pillage bug". We used to have a SLIC-workaround to prevent pillaging of neutral tiles -- forcing "Don't do that!" via SLIC . But the cause of the crash has been fixed in the sourcecode (by Martin who also created the SLIC-workaround I believe). Of course if we re-introduced the "neutral tile improvement pillage prevention SLIC" the symptom would be cured .

BTW in some of the previous builds I had AI's declaring war on themselves ("the Zulu have declared war on the Zulu"), I didn't yet notice that in the current (rev573) build, but maybe this indicates some general issue with the game recognizing who is able to declare war on whom .
                  The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• It wasn't too much of a problem, since I am a rabid saver, I just had to reload the game and pillage the tiles before I disbanded the city, but at least it's documented and "known" now.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                      Don't do that! just kidding. Yep thats a problem. I think instead of coding it it should be a SLIC fix.
                      No E, you introduced the CantAttackHaveTreaty popup and so it is your bug.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by percuno
                        I wish I'd had the time to contribute more than just playtesting, but I am already in just about over my head with college and such.

Some of these private tech colleges need a thorough overhaul, if I'd known what I was in for I'd've never attended this one.
                        I hope you get time in the summer I'm sure you could contribute some great stuff

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

No E, you introduced the CantAttackHaveTreaty popup and so it is your bug.

-Martin

Ah, just what I always wanted! hmm. Martin, according to BureauBert you fixed the pillage bug before so I'm guessing you added a check somewhere so I'll try and find it and add it to Pillage's verifyattack.

I'm tracking these problems:

Fugi
                        Stable until turn 202 when I tried to attack an enemy settler that I had a ceasefire with and got an Array index 0 out of bounds error, then a IN object 110bCantAttackHaveTreaty, function_AddOrder: Wrong kind of builtin variable. Game then locked up, but could save, so some things are still working, hit the escape key a couple of times and everything seems back to normal. Also seems that when you attack a defeat an enemy unit, that your unit is first shown as having lost all it's hitpoints, and then gets them all back when the unit moves into the attacked square.

percuno
                        Also, are certain civs magically endowed with the ability to know who it was that engaged in a slave raid with them? I haven't played in a while, but I don't recall civs in the early game declaring war on me for a first slave raid if it was successful.

percuno
                        I had just disbanded a city, and then attempted to pillage a tile just outside the edge of my territory, which was also adjacent to the tile the city had been on: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...34#post4431634

Fugi
                        Finally got to start flying bombers around, and noticed the flight movement distance is cut in half, it shows it should move 10 spaces per turn, but every time the unit moves 1 space, that distance decreases by two - must be a lot of turbulence up there.

Bureaubert
                        BTW in some of the previous builds I had AI's declaring war on themselves ("the Zulu have declared war on the Zulu"), I didn't yet notice that in the current (rev573) build, but maybe this indicates some general issue with the game recognizing who is able to declare war on whom .
                        My new settle codes seems to be working well, but Martin says he has some better code coming soon.

I also notice barbs camping outside AI cities and the AI counter camping. the AI should be trying to eliminate barbs on there turf so I think that needs to be added.

Comment

• Originally posted by E I also notice barbs camping outside AI cities and the AI counter camping. the AI should be trying to eliminate barbs on there turf so I think that needs to be added.
                          I get that a lot, barbs camping all over the map, so glad I can take them out now Pain in the butt having to clear them from enemy territory that I am attempting to annex , but I deal

Comment

• With rev573 build a governor related crash is still/again working

0x004a2b8a [?GetEnableAdvanceIndex@UnitRecord@@QBEJXZ + 0xa]
                            0x004ed63d [?CanBuildUnit@Player@@QBEHJ@Z + 0x24]
                            0x004b3151 [?CanBuildUnit@CityData@@QBEHJ@Z + 0x22]
                            0x004af9d7 [?BuildUnit@CityData@@QAEHJ@Z + 0x2a]
                            0x008a0433 [?FillEmptyBuildQueues@Governor@@QAEXXZ + 0x199]
                            0x008a7179 [?FinishBeginTurn@CtpAi@@SAXJ@Z + 0x91]
                            0x004f4161 [?GEVHookCallback@AIFinishBeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GA ME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEv entArgList@@@Z + 0x28]
                            0x005bf46f [?Run@GameEventHook@@AAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAViter ator@?$list@UNode@GameEventHook@@V?$allocator@UNod e@GameEventHook@@@std@@@std@@PAVGameEventArgList@@ AAJ@Z + 0x63]
                            0x005bf406 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x7e]
                            0x005bff7a [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
                            0x005bdd24 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
                            0x005bfdd8 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
                            0x005bfd7b [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x7b]
                            0x0040eff9 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x103]
                            0x00771940 [?CheckForEasterEggs@ChatWindow@@QAEHPAD@Z + 0x124]
                            0x007717f7 [?ChatCallback@ChatWindow@@SAXPAVaui_Control@@KKPAX @Z + 0x84]
                            0x006dbe11 [?HitEnter@aui_TextField@@SAXPAUHWND__@@@Z + 0x52]
                            0x006dc3bb [?TextFieldWindowProc@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z + 0x101]
                            0x77d18734 [__onexitbegin + 0x771631bc]
                            0x77d18816 [__onexitbegin + 0x7716329e]
                            0x77d189cd [__onexitbegin + 0x77163455]
                            0x77d196c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x7716414f]
                            0x00407e16 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x40c]
                            0x00407837 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
                            0x008b519c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                            0x7c816d4f [__onexitbegin + 0x7bc617d7]
                            BTW I am using mod_CanCityBuildUnit, but the crash randomly occurs after 50 or 100 turns, so I am fairly sure it's not related to my piece of SLIC (which doesn't deal with advances anyway, but with governments).
                            Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:58.
                            The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• the description of your slic is a little vague what do you use it for (can ou give an hypotheitical situation)

Also, have any civs been eliminated? I still think there is a bug involving 'lost' civilizations regarding the governor.

Comment

• I am using the function to determine which units are buildable under which government -- it looks like this:

Code:
                                int_f mod_CanCityBuildUnit(city_t theCity, int_t theUnit) {
                                	city_t tmpCity;
                                	int_t tmpUnitType;
                                	int_t tmpGov;

tmpCity = theCity;
                                	tmpUnitType = theUnit;
                                	player[3] = tmpCity.owner;
                                	tmpGov = player[3].government;

if(CityIsValid(tmpCity)) {
                                		if(tmpUnitType == UnitDB(UNIT_FASCIST)) {
                                			if(tmpGov == GovernmentDB(GOVERNMENT_FASCISM)) {
                                				return 1;
                                			}
                                			else {
                                				return 0;
                                			}
                                		}

// etc. ...
                                I am doing it this way because I don't want the units to be removed upon government change.

The mod_Something functions are special in the way they are automatically called by the program when the respective action occurs (in this case: adding units to the buildlist) -- this way they can be used to determine who can build/research what under which conditions. But regarding the crash: I have this function in my mod from the very beginning and it never caused any trouble, therefore I really doubt it is related to the crash.

No civs have been eliminated recently .

Comment

Working...
                                X