This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BureauBert
    Thanks a lot, E! I just upgraded to rev571 build -- no crashes so far, the game runs pretty smoothly (ultra gig map of course, with 10 players, the usual automated crashtest-procedure).
    I played for well ove a 100 turns with no crashes. This one seems real stable. I played a good game and got beat hard I was thinking of trying to fight on wuth me last three cities but I think I'll start a new game, in the name of testing.

though I wnat to add more detail to my ShowOnMap and fix AI settling...if someone wants to I think revision 571 would be a real good place to realese another playtest version...it has been 7 months now.

And an itty-bitty, absolutely minor not-an-issue-at-all: You have included the script.slc from your Civ3-Mod and forgot to out-comment some of the Mod-specific includes, so the game complains about missing SLICs on startup which might threaten less experienced playtesters . At least I hope there will be other playtesters again -- we could need someone testing the unmodded game .
    whoops since its not a biggy I'll upate the svn next time i make a code change. unfortunately you're the only one that noticed it.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Have to give this new build 571 a try. The AI in build 560 was very good. It expaned fast thur war when it had the units to work with. But AI,s would use cease fires before they were to weak to defend them selfs. Good balance. One thing I didnt use was the Civ3 mod. Every thing else like of the playtest ,build file,Diplomod files and tiles worked without any problems. Will have to see how Civ3 mod works as it must change game play.Well on to testing.

Comment

thanks protra.

I'm adding a new civ3 mod with the upgrades stuff soon. If you notice a lack of aggression in the 571 its because Martin made my shield and gold cheats option. And they arent activated in the stardard game so they have less units to work with. So you might want to add that into the DiffDB at the level you play.

Happy testing and let us know how it goes!

Comment

Where do I get 571 to playtest, from the CVS?

Comment

First,
            I'd recommend copying your entire ctp2 folder to another one as a back up

then, get the playtest links from this post

its towards the bottom its the 10-23 playtest. there are three file links there in the quote box. One file is a monthold, thats no problem because its mainly graphics.

Then, you can get my 571 build from my signature or from this link:

ECtp2exe571.rar

Edit: Removed link. The latest version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

install that over the playtest that you copied over the original stuff.

Note: in the ctp2_data/gamedata/script.slc file there is an error I haven't corrected. THere ia s slic file called but not used (GiftUnit) delete that line to prevent a start up scratch.

for more aggressive AI add the shield and gold cheats that told bureaubert about: NoAIProductionDeficit
            NoAIGoldDeficit

To the any or all levels you are playing on. It gives the AI more units

then start the game from ctp2.exe and let us know how it goes!
            Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:57.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's what I got:

(stuff deleted to make space on my server, since the prob was resolved)
              Last edited by percuno; May 15, 2006, 06:41.

Comment

Whoops

you have to go to the file script.slc and find the line

Civ3_CantGroup.slc and delete that one also

then it should work

Comment

I had this happen once. Installing the Diplomond file I found that the (gold576x68) file didnt load right.
                  Should be in main Default-click Graphics-click pitures,check for (gold576x68) file. Once I loaded and checked all files again everything worked alright.Its worth the time diplo pictures are a nice touch. Its rare but sometimes a file can go where it shouldnt when downloading. I had to place that one small file in by hand.

Comment

All's well.

Amazing how such a tiny thing can muck a whole program up so completely.

Comment

• Iposted my 572 build. It should be just as stable as 571 but I added some addition features:

from the readme

Changelog:
                      2006-05-13
                      Added: AICityDefenderBonus to difficulty database, it adds population size to city defense.
                      Added: NeedsFeatToBuild to Units, Buildings, and Wonders. Needs more testing.
                      Added: CivilisationOnly to Units, Buildings, and Wonders.
                      Added: NeedsCityGoodAnyCity to Advances. Now you can specify that you have to have a good somewhere to research.
                      Added: AddsASlave to goods. Now if you are collecting a good with this flag it will add a slave to your city.
                      Added: OnePerCiv to Wonders. But still needs work.

2006-05-03
                      Added: UpgradeTo flag now implemented. With enough gold you can upgrade units by sleeping them in your city
                      Added: flags for the difficulty dependent AI gold deficit (NoAIGoldDeficit) and units over production cheats (NoAIProductionDeficit).
                      A few notes.
                      - OnePerCiv isn't working as I want to so I'll do more work there.

- ShowOnMap still appears to work and I'm drafting up more code on that

- NeedsFeatToBuild. The code compiles and works but I didn't get a chance to trigger a feat to test it. The thinking behind here is to (eventually) allow special units, buildings, or wonders built whenyou have achieved a feat. Looking long term this could be a way to implement religions by ganting a religion feat when you discover adbance and allow that player to build the holy city wonder which allows unique religious units.

- NeedsCityGoodAnyCity for Advances. This appears to work. I tested it with horse and horseback riding. but i think it just allows for the populating of the list. So if you discover and advance and the choices pop up, if you have the good at that time then you can research the correlating advance that needs a good. if you sell the advance after that and decide to switch or continue researching it won't be affected. in short, if you have the needed good when are about to get the list of choices then you can research it, else you cant.

- CivilisationOnly finally is up so intstead of just citystyle or by culturegroups you can specify a specific civ, something I wanted for awhile too.

thanks for playtesting...

Comment

• tried your build 572 - found it even though it is not in your sig. Could not attack Barbs and they could not attack me, but I could bombard them - really weird. Stable until turn 202 when I tried to attack an enemy settler that I had a ceasefire with and got an Array index 0 out of bounds error, then a IN object 110bCantAttackHaveTreaty, function_AddOrder: Wrong kind of builtin variable. Game then locked up, but could save, so some things are still working, hit the escape key a couple of times and everything seems back to normal. Also seems that when you attack a defeat an enemy unit, that your unit is first shown as having lost all it's hitpoints, and then gets them all back when the unit moves into the attacked square.
                        What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                        Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Thanks glad to see your still around to crash my builds!

1) I fixed my sig

2) I restored my old code, so you'll get prompted when you attack barbs. I know it sounds weird but for now its going to have to stay. Besides I guess its not bad to verify if you really want to attack them

3) did you copy over the new script.slc in my rar? I wasnt able to duplicate your crash.

I'll post a fixed build soon

Comment

• I am completely unable to attack a barbarian warrior that has fortified within my territory, tried with a hoplite, then with a grouped mounted archer and hoplite, the game (build 572) simply refuses to allow me to attack it at all. No message, no feedback whatsoever, just inability to attack.

Edit: Also, are certain civs magically endowed with the ability to know who it was that engaged in a slave raid with them? I haven't played in a while, but I don't recall civs in the early game declaring war on me for a first slave raid if it was successful.

Edit 2: The list of Wonders that I can build in a city (Build Manager) is populated with a complete list of all Wonders I have the tech to build, including ones that are already built (by any civ, not just mine). When I add the "taken" ones they disappear from the "buildable" list and do not appear in the build queue, but it's a bit of a hassle when I just want to verify that there are no Wonders available for me to build, or check what I can build.
                            Last edited by percuno; May 14, 2006, 20:22.

Comment

• Thanks Percuno,

I played my 572b and was able to attack barbarians with no problem (after the initial pop-up). Sometimes I have to hit YES twice though.

I see what your saying about the wonders though.

I fixed in the code and put up a new build. rev573 Barb fighting and wonders should be fixed now.

Comment

• I didn't get any popup at all when attacking barbarians, so I just left him there and took my frustrations out on the Japanese .

Is there anything I have to do with the files in "database flags.zip"?

Comment

Working...
                                X