Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD while playing AOM4 with the 9/9/06 version. Again happens on AI's turn in the first few turns.
    Code:
      0x004974c5  [?StyleHappinessIncr@CityData@@QBEHXZ + 0x25]
      0x00488e28  [?Initialize@CityData@@QAEXH@Z + 0x88]
      0x004e2e33  [?InitializeCityData@UnitData@@QAEXH@Z + 0x13]
      0x004b7702  [?CreateCity@Player@@QAE?AVUnit@@HABVMapPoint@@W4CAUSE_NEW_CITY@@PAVUnitActor@@H@Z + 0x262]
      0x004c7b4c  [?GEVHookCallback@CreateCityEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0xbc]
      0x00576de7  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
      0x005777e8  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
      0x00575c99  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x19]
      0x0040c5e1  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x201]
      0x004071f1  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3a1]
      0x00406ca5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
      0x007ca1bc  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
      0xbff7b9e4  [(kernel) + 0x0]
    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
    - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• Thanks Pave, I think we've seen that before I'll look into it. do you have AoM in a scenario folder or copied over the AE?
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• In the scenario folder.
        The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
        - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• Pave,

I looked at it but I think it might be because AoM uses the older citystyle database file. AE should be baackward compatible but we've seen some issues. I'll compare the two and post something for you in the next day or so.

Comment

• Pave,

I *think* it might be because AoM is missing the CPIcon file reference in citystyle.txt. So I took AoM3's citystyle.txt (I don't have AoM IV on this computer but I think they are te same) and added the CPIcon "palace.tga" to each of the citystyles. So if thats the problem it shoud fix it (and I'll make a better citystyle.txt for my AoM scenario patch later). so give it a shot and let me know if it works.

note; put the citystyle.txt in the AoM4/scen000/default/gamedata folder
            Attached Files

Comment

• Yes, your fix solved the problem, and also the one I posted earlier in here, so I can use the 646 build again. Thanks!
              - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• cool. I'll add it to my AoM AE download (in the next few days).

Pave, please tell us how your AoM games goes with AE (good, bad differrent from non-AE AoM) we'd appreciate it!

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                  I *think* it might be because AoM is missing the CPIcon file reference in citystyle.txt.
                  No E, that can't be the problem sice the CPIcon is only accessed in ScenarioEditor::PopulateCityList and there it is guarded against non-existence. So it must be something else.

Even if it seems to fix the problem, but this just means that we may have to do it with some invalid meory access.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• This would make playing AOM easy to set up and play if the scenairo folder could be used. Also updates to codes and builds would mean saved AOM gaves as well as your other games would still work.
                    If this is workable maybe a master downlode could be setup AE version of AOM4 and placed in the CtP2 files section.
                    Looking forward to updates to Pave game.

Comment

• Yeah I'm looking to incoprporate my AoM scenario set up as a download with some instructions for those that want to play AoM with AE in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211
                        Looking forward to updates to Pave game.
                        Don't hold your breath too much, I haven't even started yet mainly because RL has been kinda busy and there's one tiny problem with AOM that I think I can handle easily, that is, when I get time to handle it.
                        - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• Originally posted by Z80
                          AI takes 30-40 minutes to do its turn in my game. Everything was normal initially, but then pollution levels have risen and there was a global flood. After that, the AI started to take ages to think.
                          This is one of the major problems that are left in the game. Whenever the AI has to use transports to reach a goal, the goal matching process takes an enormous amount of time.

Comment

• With the play test It can't find the CD How Do I get past this?
                            I have the disk.

Comment

• is it the xplosiv version?

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                                is it the xplosiv version?
                                Actually this shouldn't matter. You should rather ask weather it is a test with AOM and than ask the xplosiv question.

Well if this is the case, JoeB12345, then go to :\Setup\data\Add\ctp2_program\ctp\ directory there you find a file called texture.dat. Now check your \ctp2_program\ctp\ there is also a file with this name. If the file is identical with the one on CD then everything is fine concerning this part of the CD-check.

Otherwise replace the file on your harddrive by the one from the CD.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X