This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool Protra,

I'd hold off on the civ3 ones for awhile though. I've been making extensive changes
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I'd say do the 10-23-05 playtest a
      dd my 552 build
      and the E-diplomod and E tiles should all be compatible. i've been playing with them

I have much updating on the Emod and the Civ3mod though (Civ3mod is looking very promsing though)

Comment

Thank you E .Will be my first time playing with your new builds. Have used the tiles already as there is never a problem or CTD. The 10-23-06 playtest has at least the AI factions more able to exdpand by war and cease fire when they are weaken by war.Next step is AI,s teaming up to block human player from exoanding to fast.

Comment

I've bee playing with my the 10-23 playtest my rev builds, my tiles, my diplomod, and my civ3mod (not the one posted though)

On Hard I was stuck between the greeks and the mongols. I lost two of my four cities early on and bailed on that game. THis was on hard and I have upped the strategies and have frenzy 2.1

In the next game I had the scots to my north. The really took a toll on my civ with slavers until i started beating them back. THey didnt advance much though andhave big armies of warriors. I tried to take a city but with te upped defenses I had to retreat my 8 stack. since then we have just massed a wall of fortified units between us. He has 4 cities and I've blocked him off and expanded elsewhere. that was medium.

So they were turning into decentgames, but I'm also rusty. the one thing that was a problem is the random settlers fortifying everywhere (they can only settle on plains and grassland in civ3mod) but i think thats with the AI. Ire,oved the CanEntrench for settlers and still see some just hanging out. I have to ask Martin how to fix that.

Other than that no problems but I do want to add some new messages like a warning about breaking a treaty, notifying you whn the AI declares war, stuff like that.

Comment

"I'm hoping Fugi can break it "
            Your wish is my command. Crash.txt from turn 75

0x004ec37a [?GetColony@Effect@TerrainImprovementRecord@@QBE_NX Z + 0xa]
            0x004dc9ac [?BeginTurnImprovements@Player@@QAEXXZ + 0x138]
            0x004f0305 [?GEVHookCallback@BeginTurnImprovementsEvent@@EAE?A W4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGa meEventArgList@@@Z + 0x30]
            0x005bc28f [?Run@GameEventHook@@AAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAViter ator@?$list@UNode@GameEventHook@@V?$allocator@UNod e@GameEventHook@@@std@@@std@@PAVGameEventArgList@@ AAJ@Z + 0x63]
            0x005bc226 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x7e]
            0x005bcf9a [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
            0x005bab44 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
            0x005bcdf8 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
            0x005bcd9b [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x7b]
            0x005bcd10 [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVE NT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGame EventArgList@@@Z + 0x13d]
            0x005bcbc5 [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xe5]
            0x0043e2c2 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x3c]
            0x0043811b [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xfb]
            0x00437fbb [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
            0x0040ecc6 [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x22c]
            0x0040efe5 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0xa7]
            0x00407dd0 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3b6]
            0x00407847 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
            0x008ac87c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
            0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x772d5a4f]

Seemed to load okay from the autosave, so I saved it, just thought I would post this quick before I get another one that overwrites it. Well, back to the game.

edit:

Back already. As soon as I reloaded that game and told it to end my turn it crashed in exactly the same spot with the exact same thing in the crash.txt file.
            Last edited by Fugi the Great; March 8, 2006, 18:26.
            What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
            Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

gamesave attached, if anyone wants to see it. Seems to crash either at the very end of orange's (China) turn or at the very beginning of Green's (Slavs) turn. I looked at the map in the cheat mode, didn't see anything out of the ordinary, I tipped over a few goody huts (that they could have) to see if there were any "surprises" in them, neither nation have catapults yet so doubt there is a problem with the bombard code. Neither nation will have new units this turn.

hope this helps
              Attached Files
              Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I know what it is. I had my colony code that didnt work, but i thought it wasnt called at all but I thought out I commented it before putting up this build (apparently not). I should post a new build soon. The good news I guess is that nothing else broke (so far)

0x004ec37a [? GetColony@Effect@TerrainImprovementRecord@@QBE_NXZ
                + 0xa]
                0x004dc9ac [?BeginTurnImprovements@Player@@QAEXXZ + 0x138]

Comment

That was quick. Glad I could help. Strange that no one else got this, is no one else testing these builds?
                  Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

its uploaded now fugi. I played a few turns and no crash. thanks for helping.

Comment

I managed to crash it, too

Still trying to run my own Mod with the modified program, the most recent observation is a regular CTD during computation of turn 1 with both the "2005-10-23"-build and E's "552b"-build. No messages, just crash.txt as follows:

0x005b7f70 [?GetText@SlicSymbolData@@UBEHPADJ@Z + 0x76]
                      0x0056c7fa [sliccmd_ref_has_int_value + 0x9e]
                      0x00561a42 [scparse + 0xb27]
                      0x00560ed4 [sliccmd_parse + 0x74]
                      0x00534650 [?stringutils_Interpret@@YAXPBDAAVSlicContext@@PADI @Z + 0x23b]
                      0x005b2c6b [?SetMessageText@SlicObject@@QAEXPBD@Z + 0x2c]
                      0x0059ebec [?Call@Slic_Text@@UAE?AW4SFN_ERROR@@PAVSlicArgList@ @@Z + 0x64]
                      0x0059c640 [?DoInstruction@SlicFrame@@QAEHW4SOP@@@Z + 0x10c4]
                      0x0059d95a [?Run@SlicFrame@@QAEHXZ + 0x87]
                      0x005b27b6 [?Execute@SlicObject@@AAEXXZ + 0x16c]
                      0x00575f83 [?Execute@SlicEngine@@QAEXPAVSlicObject@@@Z + 0x8c]
                      0x0059ee8e [?Call@Slic_Message@@UAE?AW4SFN_ERROR@@PAVSlicArgLi st@@@Z + 0x144]
                      0x0059c640 [?DoInstruction@SlicFrame@@QAEHW4SOP@@@Z + 0x10c4]
                      0x0059d95a [?Run@SlicFrame@@QAEHXZ + 0x87]
                      0x005b27b6 [?Execute@SlicObject@@AAEXXZ + 0x16c]
                      0x00575f83 [?Execute@SlicEngine@@QAEXPAVSlicObject@@@Z + 0x8c]
                      0x005b4a8c [?GEVHookCallback@SlicSegment@@UAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HO OK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@ @@Z + 0xa6]
                      0x005bc9ef [?Run@GameEventHook@@AAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAViter ator@?$list@UNode@GameEventHook@@V?$allocator@UNod e@GameEventHook@@@std@@@std@@PAVGameEventArgList@@ AAJ@Z + 0x63]
                      0x005bc986 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x7e]
                      0x005bd61a [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
                      0x005bb2a4 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
                      0x005bd478 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
                      0x005bd41b [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x7b]
                      0x005bd390 [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVE NT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGame EventArgList@@@Z + 0x13d]
                      0x005bd245 [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xe5]
                      0x0043e382 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x3c]
                      0x004381db [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xfb]
                      0x0043807b [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
                      0x0040ecd6 [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x22c]
                      Some SLIC-related problem, obviously -- maybe something is a little bit "unclean" in my SLIC (sliccmd_ref_has_int_value and Call@Slic_Message@@UAE?AW4SFN_ERROR@@PAVSlicArgLis t, though I don't get any SLIC-errormsg) -- anyway this CTD didn't occur with the original program and the previous playtests.
                      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:45.
                      The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

thanks bureaubert, maybe its something we over looked when we tried to get the 1.1 patch stuff into the source code. Unfortunately I dont know how to fix it, so I have to leave it to Martin or Fromafar who have gone into the SLIC files.

I have had problems adding slic that works in AoM to the playtest but i usually got warnings. not sure how Stan's tersting is going with that.

not sure how to tell what slic file it is though...

Comment

Continuing old previous game from 552, and using 552b. Crashed on turn 165, reloaded form autosave, next turn seemed okay, so I saved it. Continue as I find time. AI game turns seem very slow, almost like it does right after reloading a game save, only every turn was like that. There are catapults now, incase you were wondering.
                          Crash.txt:
                          0x004ccfd0 [?GameObj_Get@@YAPBVGAMEOBJ@@PAV1@K@Z + 0x9]
                          0x00484534 [?Get@ObjPool@@QBEPBVGAMEOBJ@@K@Z + 0x24]
                          0x00503bc3 [?GetUnit@UnitPool@@QBEPAVUnitData@@K@Z + 0x13]
                          0x004ffb4a [?KillUnit@Unit@@QAEXW4CAUSE_REMOVE_ARMY@@J@Z + 0x1a]
                          0x004de394 [?Settle@Player@@QAEJAAVArmy@@@Z + 0xca]
                          0x004f0e1b [?GEVHookCallback@SettleEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HO OK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@ @@Z + 0x6d]
                          0x005bc9ef [?Run@GameEventHook@@AAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAViter ator@?$list@UNode@GameEventHook@@V?$allocator@UNod e@GameEventHook@@@std@@@std@@PAVGameEventArgList@@ AAJ@Z + 0x63]
                          0x005bc986 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x7e]
                          0x005bd61a [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
                          0x005bb2a4 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
                          0x005bd478 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
                          0x005bd41b [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x7b]
                          0x0040f051 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x103]
                          0x00407de0 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3b6]
                          0x00407857 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
                          0x008ad13c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                          0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x772d5a6f]
                          Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Thanks Fugi. I uploaded a 552c hopefully it helps (I think it ,ight be a thing in bombard I should of outcommented)

also the slowness might be because you restarted the game after a crash. Sometimes i get the slowness that way but ultimately i have to reboot after a crash in order to get the speed back.

Comment

553 is uploaded however i did get this crash and its not of my doing:

0x004ecada [?GetEnableAdvanceIndex@GovernmentRecord@@QBEJXZ + 0xa]
                              0x0089328c [?ComputeBestGovernment@Governor@@QBEJXZ + 0x83]
                              0x0089e861 [?BeginTurn@CtpAi@@SAXJ@Z + 0x74]
                              0x005370e9 [?GEVHookCallback@BeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT _HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgLi st@@@Z + 0x90]
                              0x005bc77f [?Run@GameEventHook@@AAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAViter ator@?$list@UNode@GameEventHook@@V?$allocator@UNod e@GameEventHook@@@std@@@std@@PAVGameEventArgList@@ AAJ@Z + 0x63]
                              0x005bc716 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x7e]
                              0x005bd3ca [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
                              0x005bb034 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
                              0x005bd228 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
                              0x005bd1cb [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x7b]
                              0x005bd140 [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVE NT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGame EventArgList@@@Z + 0x13d]
                              0x005bcff5 [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xe5]
                              0x0043e342 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x3c]
                              0x0043819b [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xfb]
                              0x0043803b [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
                              0x0040ece6 [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x22c]
                              0x0040f005 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0xa7]
                              0x00407db0 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3b6]
                              0x00407827 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
                              0x008ad35c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                              0x7c816d4f [__onexitbegin + 0x7bc6a2b7]
                              i was playing my civ3 mod but it looks like a governor issue and government selection
                              Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by E
                                553 is uploaded however i did get this crash and its not of my doing:

[...]

i was playing my civ3 mod but it looks like a governor issue and government selection
                                Except of cleaning up the code a little bit I don't see anything that could be the problem. Of course I could insert a NULL check for the government record, but that doesn't fix the problem in the first place namely that the used government record is invalid.

One thing you could do first is to recompile everything, maybe there are some problems left from partial recompiling.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X