Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For some reason, the game didn't start up after I installed 619. It complained about gw.txt and how the game didn't find POLLUTION_NEIGHBOUR_BONUS in it. I replaced the AE version with AOM one, and now the game starts up fine.
    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
    - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• hmmm that is weird. I had a problem at start up when I didnot have the AE gw.txt and then had to get it from the SVN. Maybe I didn't upload the right gw.txt I'll attach it here and let me know if this one works.

EDIT: Were you still in the AoM scenario? Or maybe didn't copy the GW from the 619 rar? Or is 609 still loaded but you copied only the gw.txt?

just some possibilities I'll still double check later
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ekmek; July 17, 2006, 16:15.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• On Hard level. Modern age.

Last playtest is a improvement over anything I have tried so far. Nearing the end.Will of course update.
        3 remaining AI factions still strong but only one has pressed hard against me ,Malians as they refuse a cease fire.But im starting to take cites away from them.They are at war with another Civ so they are starting to wane. Have caught up in techs.
        Assyrains have 41 cities and have stayed away from war but are in fisrt place in every aera of the game. See alot of troop movements.At cold war stance with them and they are on my boder.
        Have one peace treaty with the Egyptians along with research pack. They are a small nation only 9 cites.I could sweep them and have a much larger nation witch would give me better odds against the Assyrians when at some ponit have to face them. Should I do this?
        Changing goverment to improve production. With only 146 units im in no position to fight a two front war.Cites expanding at a good rate need to make better use of workers . Might try to fix diplomacy with one nation that has a Populist personality.We are fighting the same enemy. But it may not work.
        Strated with 8 civs. 7 left and of that, 3 are still strong.

Comment

• Protra sound like a great game! Feel to post a save game if you wish but maybe some others would like to see it.

41 cities for assyrians Is this where you modified your govern.txt to increase city limits?

This thread has been awfully quiet so I'm hoping its because people are off enjoyin the game.

bytheway, I have been doing work on updating my EMOD, I'm going to make it a scenario but basically its going to take a lot of the civ3mod game additions but add to ctp2. So there will be few ctp2 unit additions but the changes would include some strategic goods, happiness goods, tradefood/production etc. unit gifting and upgrading.

I was thinking of adding religions as well but there are only a few ctp2 religious unit graphics and in my civ3mod the missionaries look distinct.

Comment

• Hi E

Yes I did tweak the city limit up by 5.Assyrians are still hostial towards me and are in a position to sweep me if they declare war. Most of my units are fighting the Malians and im thin near the Assyrian boder.So time will tell.
            I can see you have done alot of work E. I took a look at the new updates for Civ3 mod and it looks intense.I feel its a good balance of features that add spice to the game but you didnt over do it so as it still open ended and allows freedom to play out world history as you see fit.
            I still dont know how to make the screen shots.Sorry .

Comment

• Only 5? Thats great then then the AI over city limit flags I added to personalties should be good for an agressive AI. So that should mean you shouldn't have to edit the govern.txt in the future.

UPDATE

619b is in my sig the gw.txt I posted before was a template and not a complete file so that was the problem. I put an old gw.txt in this rar so NOW it should install fine. Its kind of weird though because I started a game with the last one before I posted but then I tried tonight and no luck.

Sorry for the problems hope it didn't detract from an otherwise good build.
              Last edited by Ekmek; July 20, 2006, 18:02.

Comment

• version 619B - new game
                1st try: set up for 26/30 nations - CTD right after "launch game" button pressed.
                Crash.txt:
                0x00516c7a [?GetTransType@UnitRecord@@QBE_NAAJ@Z + 0xa]
                0x005169c7 [?Create@UnitPool@@QAE?AVUnit@@JJABVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x60]
                0x004dd557 [?CreateUnitNoPosition@Player@@QAE?AVUnit@@JAAVCell UnitList@@ABVMapPoint@@J@Z + 0x3b]
                0x004b0404 [?DoUprising@CityData@@QAEXW4UPRISING_CAUSE@@@Z + 0x116]
                0x004e39c7 [?AttemptRevolt@Player@@QAEXXZ + 0x329]
                0x004f33f9 [?GEVHookCallback@AttemptRevoltEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_E VENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventA rgList@@@Z + 0x30]
                0x005c1d56 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x8e]
                0x005c2aaa [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
                0x005c0704 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
                0x005c2908 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
                0x005c28ab [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x7b]
                0x005c2820 [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVE NT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGame EventArgList@@@Z + 0x13d]
                0x005c26d5 [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xe5]
                0x0043e2d3 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x3c]
                0x0043811d [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xfb]
                0x00437fbd [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
                0x0040ec59 [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x22c]
                0x0040ef7a [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0xa7]
                0x00407de1 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3b6]
                0x00407858 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
                0x008b4b7c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x772ce5cf]

I wanted to give it another try on a larger number of nations just in case the first one was a fluke, since E said that the problem is gone.
                Try #2, tone it down a bit to 22/26 nations. CTD right after "Launch game" button pressed.
                Crash.txt from try #2:
                0x005168e3 [?Create@UnitPool@@QAE?AVUnit@@JJABVMapPoint@@V2@PA VUnitActor@@@Z + 0x60]
                0x004dd9a0 [?CreateUnit@Player@@QAE?AVUnit@@JABVMapPoint@@V2@H W4CAUSE_NEW_ARMY@@@Z + 0x332]
                0x0052889f [?gameinit_PlaceInitalUnits@@YAJJQAVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x23c]
                0x0052e8e6 [?gameinit_Initialize@@YAJJJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x2e7b]
                0x0040d67a [?InitializeGame@CivApp@@QAEJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x196]
                0x0040f0ec [?StartGame@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x11]
                0x0040ff2f [?Execute@StartGameAction@@UAEXPAVaui_Control@@KK@Z + 0x12]
                0x006e1e2d [?HandleActions@aui_UI@@QAEXXZ + 0x5f]
                0x006e1db8 [?Process@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x47]
                0x0040ec2a [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x1fd]

Try #3, set up for 20/22 like E did, just in case that is some magical number - nope - CTD

Well since this is still happening, I would not say that this part is "fixed". I suppose I could try a total reload of the game, but I shouldn't have to do that since all the files that get changed are included in the RAR file.

Okay, now assuming bug is still there so set up for 11 nations - no problem until turn 58, then a crash, reload from autosave - okay. Crashed again on turn 84: Crash.txt
                0x005169c7 [?Create@UnitPool@@QAE?AVUnit@@JJABVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x60]
                0x004dd557 [?CreateUnitNoPosition@Player@@QAE?AVUnit@@JAAVCell UnitList@@ABVMapPoint@@J@Z + 0x3b]
                0x004b0404 [?DoUprising@CityData@@QAEXW4UPRISING_CAUSE@@@Z + 0x116]
                0x004e39c7 [?AttemptRevolt@Player@@QAEXXZ + 0x329]
                0x004f33f9 [?GEVHookCallback@AttemptRevoltEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_E VENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventA rgList@@@Z + 0x30]
                0x005c1d56 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x8e]
                0x005c2aaa [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
                0x005c0704 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
                0x005c2908 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
                0x005c28ab [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x7b]
                0x005c2820 [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVE NT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGame EventArgList@@@Z + 0x13d]
                0x005c26d5 [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xe5]
                0x0043e2d3 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x3c]
                0x0043811d [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xfb]
                0x00437fbd [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
                0x0040ec59 [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x22c]

Probably stay with this one, and stay with it until I either win or the game won't continue.
                What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Fugi, sorry I'm out of own for a few more days. But In my haste before my trip I may have uploaded the wrong build. Sorry. I'll post when I can

Comment

• Ok I figured out the problem the ctp2.exe file I posted was a build from July 7th, over a week before 619 even came out! I think the mistake came because I put the 619 in my Civ3mod version of ctp2 and not into my folder where I always rar things. THen foolishly i copied over the 619 and went on my marry way with civ3.

ANyways I updated to the latest revisions (623) and have posted it here. It includes the new gw.txt that Martin did and it does address the multiplayer proble,. I tested both and I double checked that this is the right build. But I've made mistakes before so please post them.

Comment

• Code:
                        0x005c9bc0  [?GetProposal@ProposalElement@DiplomacyRecord@@QBEPBVDiplomacyProposalRecord@@XZ + 0xa]
                        0x0086f61a  [?GetNewProposalPriority@Diplomat@@QBEHHW4PROPOSAL_TYPE@@@Z + 0x38]
                        0x0085b1f5  [?GEVHookCallback@BegForGold_NewProposalEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x1dc]
                        0x005c1122  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x8e]
                        0x005c1d60  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x40]
                        0x005bfad2  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
                        0x005c1bd4  [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2f]
                        0x005c1b7b  [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x7b]
                        0x005c1af0  [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x13d]
                        0x005c19a5  [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xe5]
                        0x0043e2ab  [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXECUTE@@@Z + 0x35]
                        0x00438152  [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xfb]
                        0x00437ff2  [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
                        0x0040eb9f  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEHIAAI@Z + 0x22c]
                        0x0040eec0  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0xa7]
                        0x00407dff  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3b6]
                        0x00407876  [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
                        0x008b894c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                        0x7c816d4f  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bd783d7]
                      I didn't see this in the 619b I posted which I think was actually 610 or higher. I'm off to see if its due t the diplomat.cpp change fromafar did.

Comment

• Hello,

Im going to try this lastest playtest, however, I've been busy studying.

I've seen E's petition to add extra map functions to the code, like a formula to expand city size for xx tiles depending on map size, I've been thinking if it could be possible to implement also, something given to increment unit movement .

Comment

• Ok I fixed the crash I had I don't think ayone else ran into.

Uploaded is 625 in my signature as usual.

It adds a flag for the AI to get free upgrading of units (they do upgrade other wise if they have enough gold) along with other difficulty flags like

AINoShieldHunger, AINoGoldHunger, should allow the AI to build large armies (human doesn't get it)

GoldPerCity and GoldPerUnitSupport these will replace my building flags but same usage if you give them negtive values so you have to pay for cities and units (human only)

the last is FranchiseProduction for a tileimp so you can build it elsewhere (like an oil well) and it goes to unit maintenance like franchising does.

Post any crashes of course

Comment

• Thanks E!

Been away a bit. Will jump into this one before Civ3 mod as I need to compare notes with last build.Will be looking at the expanding of AI and if it keeps garrison forces in its cities to prevent easy grab by humand player.Did well in last build.Will report in the other forum how the last game went.Need to have a over all picture how the AI is doing over the long haul.

Comment

• First game with the playtest has gone well so far, no crashes at all. Only one thing- in the city manager under 'status' there is no data for happiness, such as distance from capital, buildings, or slider changes. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJ
                                under 'status' there is no data for happiness, such as distance from capital, buildings, or slider changes. Has anyone else noticed this?
                                hmmm. haven't seen that before. you have more than one city right?

Is thing single or multiplayer or PBEM. I recall you having interest in other versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X