Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im still having odd things happening with diplomacy. Had a peace treaty with one nation and on the next turn they ask me to stop embargo.This happened twice and im wondering if its a image slot thats got mixed up or something.
    It may be that I should redownlode the playtest again.
    Been in my coumptor for awhile and reload build. Cant put my finger on it ,never had this problem before its odd. Have a computor under a year old thats up to date and should hold information and store in right filles.
    Does BureauBert have any thoughts on this?

Comment

• Protra,
      Please post a save game where its happening I'd like to check it out.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Ok I have a 586 build uploaded. It features some different difficulty flags

also I added the Units.txt with the upgrade pathing to it so please report any bus with that. remember to upgrade you need gold and sleep in a city.

and for those with the civ3mod the barbariancamps flag i introduced in diffdb now requires a tileimp so it may crash on star up ith tis build just delete tth e line until i update the civ3mod.

have a nice day!

Comment

• There's a typo in the upgrade flags (UNIT_MACHINEGUNNER instead of UNIT_MACHINE_GUNNER) causing a complaint at startup -- corrected Units.txt attached

Have fun!
          Attached Files
          The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• Just a note about self-diplomacy and self-hatered: In my recent (rev586) testgame the Australians had not only declared war upon themselves, they also tried to bombard their own cities and armies (with no success though, some graceiously working part of the program prevented the execution of the orders).

Edit: This could be made a SLICable feature, like DoCivilWar(player, turns) (just kidding ).
            The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• Oh, THAT'S what they were doing...I was wondering.

Downloading your corrected units.txt to make sure you feel loved, since it's been downloaded 0 times so far

Comment

• ooh thats bad. But fixing it is beyond me, hopefully fromafar or martin g can fix it.

EDIT: Bureaubert thanks for fixing the Units.txt I'll fix it later tonight
                Last edited by Ekmek; June 8, 2006, 13:50.

Comment

• Revision 587 is uploaded

I haven't even tried messing with ai diplomacy so that may still exist however, unless i introduce a catastrophic bug I'm submitting to the feature freeze because my ShowOnMap is now greatly improved and I have added Capture City Options (via new slic)

Now when you capture a city you get the choice to occupy it, liberate (give to barbarians) or Raze it.

I chose liberate for barbs because if you want to give to someone else you can do that through diplomacy after you occupy.

HOWVER, the text is only for english so i need translation help

I've added the new script and ldl and the fixed units.txt

hopefully fromafar, j bytheway, or martin G can fix the AI thing. After that I think we might be ready for a new official playtest (or a patch )

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211
                    Im still having odd things happening with diplomacy. Had a peace treaty with one nation and on the next turn they ask me to stop embargo.This happened twice and im wondering if its a image slot thats got mixed up or something.
                    It may be that I should redownlode the playtest again.
                    Been in my coumptor for awhile and reload build. Cant put my finger on it ,never had this problem before its odd. Have a computor under a year old thats up to date and should hold information and store in right filles.
                    Does BureauBert have any thoughts on this?
                    Same happened to me, with 584, seems impossible to have an alliance, or finish the game thru world peace...

besides that, the game seems pretty stable and good... just, the diplomacy thing is the only critical bug ive noticed...

Comment

• Im just a humble playtester myself and never worked on the code. All I can tell about the diplomacy issue is that it's certainly more than mixing up images and less than hardware related -- it's obviously something that got screwed up in the sourcecode, hopefully Martin or Fromafar have an idea about what could have happened and will be able to fix it ...

Comment

• Argh!

Now my city that would not die is getting worse! I have gone from 0 Growth at size 4, with as many of the worst tiles I could possibly terraform around it as possible, to +225 Growth!

It's driving me crazy! Please put back the ability to terraform tiles at least to desert, if not tundra.

P.S.: Will the latest patch work with a game that was created a few patches back?
                        Last edited by percuno; June 11, 2006, 12:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by percuno
                          P.S.: Will the latest patch work with a game that was created a few patches back?
                          Yes it does work and it even works with a game saved on September the 12th 2004 which I am using for playtesting. And it should also work with a game created on November 11th 2000 with Activision's original version.

However in any case you have to reload slic to contunue. To do this just open the chat window by pressing the apostrophe key (') and entering: /reloadslic

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Every time I try that /reloadslic I get this error:

This is with 587.

Edit:

Also getting this when I end a turn:

paired with

several times, but sometimes it is units and others it is wonders.
                            Last edited by percuno; June 11, 2006, 13:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by percuno
                              Every time I try that /reloadslic I get this error:
                              Yes, E forgot to include this string, he should really test his modifications.

But so far this error can be ignored by clicking on Yes.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• hmm...not so easily ignored, when 7-15 dialog boxes come up per turn, per civilization, or ~100 messages per turn.

I am also getting the scrambled proposal dialog like last time:

Comment

Working...
                                X