CD-rom problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-rom problems...

So, ive downloaded the Playtest III, copyed it over my ctp2 installation, runned ctp2.exe and tryed to start a new game. After this a "Please put your call to power 2 cd-rom in your cd drive" shows up.

The CD is fairly bought for a lot of money, so that is not a "pirate" issue.

There was no problems in unmodified version.

What is wrong?

Playtest III? That's old .

Besides, what exactly is that CD? I know what they sell in Moscow... if it's 7волк, Акелла or any of that crap which they sell for money as if it was legal, it will likely not work.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

> Playtest III? That's old
      The newest compiled thing ive found here to that moment.
      Could you tell me where the newer one is?

> Besides, what exactly is that CD? I know what they sell in Moscow... if it's 7âîëê, Àêåëëà or any of that crap which they sell for money as if it was legal, it will likely not work.

The disk is labelled with "Fargus" (Ôàðãóñ) and of a rather good quality with both english and russian versions. Versions doesn't seems cracked, since they won't work without cd. Maybe it is not a legal one, but definitly better than the other crap i've got.

Anyway, how the game checks the cd? Disk volume label, data.tag, or something else?

Comment

Fargus will not work. Fargus disks are never the same as original, I have enough of them. In fact, I used to have a Fargus disk of CtP2, too. It won't work without the Fargus CD, but you'll notice that the disk contains such usual crap as the Fargus wallpaper, for instance.

It checks for the CD by verifying disk track lengths. And these lengths are incorrect in the Fargus version, because they've absolutely changed the disk by adding their own crap. So, since the Fargus disk is different, no playtests will work with it.

If you want to be able to run playtests and the other stuff, you'll need to get a real copy of CtP2 - Xplosiv CtP2 is probably the only thing you can get now.

Comment

Oh, the newest playtest is located at:

and a small update for it at

Comment

Re: CD-rom problems...

Originally posted by Artlav
            So, ive downloaded the Playtest III
            Ive seen a few people confused by the naming of the playtest thread, as in thinking "III" means the 3rd playtest release. Perhaps we should rename these threads to "Playtest Thread III" or "Playtest Report Thread #3", or something like.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Re: Re: CD-rom problems...

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              Ive seen a few people confused by the naming of the playtest thread, as in thinking "III" means the 3rd playtest release. Perhaps we should rename these threads to "Playtest Thread III" or "Playtest Report Thread #3", or something like.
              Well I would go for the first suggestion "Playtest Thread III".

But I wonder why noone was confused when we had the second thread.

The first post of the second thread refers to the previous thread as the third thread.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: CD-rom problems...

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                Well I would go for the first suggestion "Playtest Thread III".
                Ill ask Locutus to change it then.

But I wonder why noone was confused when we had the second thread.
                Bad luck I guess, or it was there to be confused eventually anyway.

Actually my unedited post to start playtest III thread was more clear that each playtest thread was to track the latest playtest, rather than one thread for each release, because mine was a report rather than an opening post with details how to download and use the playtest.

But i changed it because its easier to find the playtest download this way, and makes a lot more sense, plus my feedback was somewhat out of date or read already by anyone that counts. Ignore this if you dont know what im talking about.

The first post of the second thread refers to the previous thread as the third thread.
                Looks ok to me, it refers to the first thread.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                X