Does overcrowding affect happiness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does overcrowding affect happiness?

Under "Happiness" in the great library, it says that overcrowding affects happiness, but I can't seem to find any functions that relate these two things together in the source code. Can anyone give me a hand please? Thank you!

If I remember correctly overcrowding only affects the city growth rate and nothing else. At least I didn't find anything contradictive. Maybe this was true in CTP1.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

You are right, I did see relations between overcrowding and city growth rate in the code. But in the great library, it elaborates that "overcrowding of cities" is one of the factors that has an impact on happiness. Do you think maybe this implies that the city growth rate also has an impact on happiness?

Comment

Originally posted by nfs
        Do you think maybe this implies that the city growth rate also has an impact on happiness?
        No, otherwise you should see an effect if you turn all the workers into scientists. The only effect is that that the city starts to starve at a city level but there is no effect on happiness, at least I have never seen an effect, and I didn't find anything in the code.

As I said maybe a leftover from CTP1, the must modified the CtiyData.cpp heavily, it is full of functions with empty bodies.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X