Differences in Turn Amounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in Turn Amounts

I'm trying to figure out what makes the difference in the amount of turns an event requires, based on city (Ex. it takes 20 turns to build a cannon in city 1, but in city 2, it only takes 15.) Can anyone shed some light on this problem and/or help me to find it in the code?

Thank-you so much!

Hi bergs,
    units have a Production cost so the number of turns to complete is
    Unit Production Cost / City Production

Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Thanks for helping me out-- but I'm a little unclear- what is the City Production value? Is that the production value that is found on the bottom left corner of the build manager, with the gear adjacent to it? Or is there a different value I should be looking at? I tried your formula but it does not match with the number of turns that the unit required. Could you clarify a bit more for me what you meant?

Thank-you again,
      BERGS

Comment

Sorry, but my earlier reply is as far as I can take. I'm an ex-mainframe code-cutter so C++ is unintelligible to me. My little formula is basically a rule-of-thumb that I use to decide where to build high priority units. It's based solely on observation and works for quickest-build choices. Perhaps one of the C++ guys will pick up on this thread and give you more information. I do know that CtP2 uses formulae so there's probably one involved here as well (just an educated guess, though).

Again, sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X