AI not attacking to an EMTPY town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI not attacking to an EMTPY town

I'm using the latest playtest version (12-28-2004) with Cradle 1.3 beta, huge map and 8 civs.

I got this town Maxtan from Hexagonians when I accepted their cease fire. However, they attacked me during the very same turn. I wanted to see if they are going to take back Maxta as they had 3 big stacks at it's vicinity. Therefore I left it empty.

Many turns passed by but they never attacked the town. Finally it produced a cavalry unit which I fortified in the town. Then, at their turn they immediately attacked and took back the town. I loaded the game and this time took cavalry out and they didn't attack anymore. I loaded again, letting the cavalry in and they attacked. So I managed to repeat this bug.

Save game attached. Hope this helps, there might be a fundamental flaw in the algorithm that checks whether it is wise for AI to attack or not. That might explain the many cases where AI doesn't attack when it should win 100%. Hopefully someone can identify the problem.

Another observation, Romans asked for cease fire and I just for fun asked their capitol for it. I was shocked as they actually accepted! I've never taken any Roman cities and not posing any threat to them so they really shouldn't give up any cities like that.. The byzantines gave me a city for cease fire during similar context. This is a new phenomena with this playtest version, the old game didn't gave cities even when I could annihilate them totally in a few turns.
    Attached Files

Obviously the problem is that the AI attack goals are only armies but not cities. Actually I don't they considered the problem, there was also a cursor problem that showed if a city was empty. There is a flag in goals.txt CanCaptureCity, but it isn't used in the source code. However if you like to look deeper into it you can start to explore the ctpgoal.cpp.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks Martin for your answer.

What does "cursor problem" mean?

Comment

The crossed sword bug, whenever you move the cursor over a city of your opponents the cursor changes to two crossed swords, in the original game only for cities with units in it. So you were able to see whether a city was an easy goal.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X