Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a note to others. THe Alex and Samurai scenarios need the const.txt AND the aidata unitbuildlist.txt replaced to make it work with the current playtest.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E
      just a note to others. THe Alex and Samurai scenarios need the const.txt AND the aidata unitbuildlist.txt replaced to make it work with the current playtest.
      Why this these files should be compatible.

However I fixed the problem with the government dialog.

Unfortunatly I get some other strange things, whenever I quit my final version the game crashes. Well this doesn't matter, because I want to quit anyway, but this shouldn't happen and the other strange thing is that it generates an empty crash.txt.

However here is the content of a crash.txt when it was surprisingly not empty:

0x005bc434 [??1?$tech_Memory@ULink@?$tech_WLList@PAVaui_Region @@@@@@UAE@XZ + 0x14]
      0x005bc7b9 [??1?$tech_WLList@PAVaui_Region@@@@UAE@XZ + 0x19]
      0x005ba481 [??1aui_Region@@UAE@XZ + 0x51]
      0x7c007a31 [__onexitbegin + 0x7b54c599]
      0x005d828f [??1aui_DirectUI@@UAE@XZ + 0x7f]
      0x005efc65 [??1C3UI@@UAE@XZ + 0x85]
      0x005efedb [??_EC3UI@@UAEPAXI@Z + 0xb]
      0x0040a2b8 [?CleanupAppUI@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0xd8]
      0xbaabfc7a [(kernel) + 0x0]
      And here is something else that is strange, once I got these asserts with the debug version on start:

c3debug.cpp@300 : Assertion (hr == DD_OK) Failed in File:C:\Activision\Ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_directx\a ui_directsurface.cpp, Line:205
      c3debug.cpp@303 : Stack Trace: ' 0x00453d30 [char * __cdecl c3debug_StackTrace(void) + 0x20]
      0x0044ead4 [void __cdecl c3debug_Assert(char *,char *,int) + 0x44]
      0x0086a856 [public: __thiscall aui_DirectSurface::aui_DirectSurface(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,long,long,long,struct IDirectDraw *,struct IDirectDrawSurface *,int,int) + 0x606]
      0x0086b979 [public: enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::CreateDirectScreen(int) + 0x2b9]
      0x0086b446 [public: __thiscall aui_DirectUI::aui_DirectUI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x176]
      0x0089cc19 [public: __thiscall C3UI::C3UI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x49]
      0x00459abf [int __cdecl ui_Initialize(void) + 0x9f]
      0x00464c77 [public: long __thiscall CivApp::InitializeApp(struct HINSTANCE__ *,int) + 0xe7]
      0x0045e6da [int __stdcall CivWinMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,char *,int) + 0x3aa]
      0x0045dd24 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
      0x00b1b5b3 [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x1b3]
      0xbff8b560 [(kernel) + 0x0]
      '
      c3debug.cpp@300 : Assertion (AUI_NEWOK(m_primary,errcode)) Failed in File:C:\Activision\Ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_directx\a ui_directui.cpp, Line:218
      c3debug.cpp@303 : Stack Trace: ' 0x00453d30 [char * __cdecl c3debug_StackTrace(void) + 0x20]
      0x0086b9d9 [public: enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::CreateDirectScreen(int) + 0x319]
      0x0086b446 [public: __thiscall aui_DirectUI::aui_DirectUI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x176]
      0x0089cc19 [public: __thiscall C3UI::C3UI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x49]
      0x00464c77 [public: long __thiscall CivApp::InitializeApp(struct HINSTANCE__ *,int) + 0xe7]
      0x0045e6da [int __stdcall CivWinMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,char *,int) + 0x3aa]
      '
      c3debug.cpp@300 : Assertion (AUI_SUCCESS(*retval)) Failed in File:C:\Activision\Ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_directx\a ui_directui.cpp, Line:106
      0x0086b46d [public: __thiscall aui_DirectUI::aui_DirectUI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x19d]
      '
      c3debug.cpp@300 : Assertion (AUI_NEWOK(g_c3ui,auiErr)) Failed in File:C:\Activision\Ctp2\ctp2_code\ctp\civ3_main.cp p, Line:365
      0x00459b18 [int __cdecl ui_Initialize(void) + 0xf8]
      '
      c3debug.cpp@300 : Assertion (hr == DD_OK) Failed in File:C:\Activision\Ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_directx\a ui_directsurface.cpp, Line:205
      0x0086a856 [public: __thiscall aui_DirectSurface::aui_DirectSurface(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,long,long,long,struct IDirectDraw *,struct IDirectDrawSurface *,int,int) + 0x606]
      0x0086b979 [public: enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::CreateDirectScreen(int) + 0x2b9]
      0x0086c28a [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::AltTabIn(void) + 0x2a]
      0x00849a1d [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_UI::HandleWindowsMessage(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long) + 0x1ed]
      0x0045e9bf [long __stdcall WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long) + 0x3f]
      '
      civ3_main.cpp@1687: Exception: 'Breakpoint' thrown.
      civ3_main.cpp@1692: Exception Stack Trace:
      0xbff768a1 [(kernel) + 0x0]
      0x10213a48 [\177ole32_NULL_THUNK_DATA + 0xee5e3c0]
      0x0044eb1b [void __cdecl c3debug_Assert(char *,char *,int) + 0x8b]
      0x0086c28a [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::AltTabIn(void) + 0x2a]
      0x00849a1d [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_UI::HandleWindowsMessage(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long) + 0x1ed]
      0x0045e9bf [long __stdcall WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long) + 0x3f]
      And the strange thing is that they disappeared after a reboot.

-Martin
      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 23, 2008, 18:05.
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• The Asserts look familiar to me. This usually happens when you press alt-tab before the screen gets black during the game startup. Apparently, this causes the CreateSurface call to return with a failure call, after which the game is unable to continue.

The aui_whatever classes have a problem when the initialisation fails somewhere, because most of its default constructors do not initialise anything. When you call the destructor for these objects, you are likely going to access some random locations. Fortunately, the initialisation will usually succeed, and I have never seen this problem with the release version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
          The Asserts look familiar to me. This usually happens when you press alt-tab before the screen gets black during the game startup. Apparently, this causes the CreateSurface call to return with a failure call, after which the game is unable to continue.
          I wondered why I was getting this. I always Alt-Tab out of games during startup.

In the current SVN, the release build seems to disappear as soon as I click New Game. It's still running, eating up a lot of CPU while doing nothing, and I can do other things, but it's no longer on the screen. I'll have a go in the debug build.

EDIT: It goes away in the debug build, but then I'm left with the SlicStack assert.
          Last edited by tombom; April 16, 2005, 11:36.
          Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
          -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

• Originally posted by tombom
            EDIT: It goes away in the debug build, but then I'm left with the SlicStack assert.
            Which mod do you use? With the default game no problem. Currently I have another odd problem, if I reload slic and I open a window or end turn the game crashes. The crash.txt is empty. Problem doesn't occur on debug build and I can do a quick save after slic reload and after reload no crash.

Originally posted by tombom
            The aui_whatever classes have a problem when the initialisation fails somewhere, because most of its default constructors do not initialise anything. When you call the destructor for these objects, you are likely going to access some random locations. Fortunately, the initialisation will usually succeed, and I have never seen this problem with the release version.
            These AUI_whatever classes are strange anyway, they produce a lot of memory leaks. And not easy to understand.

-Martin
            Last edited by Martin Gühmann; April 16, 2005, 12:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Which mod do you use?

-Martin
              I'm pretty sure none, unless some commented out bits to test an operator in scenario.slc count. I've always had this problem and Peter said something about it a while back too.

It's the assert in SlicStack::Eval, line 110 (IIRC).
              Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
              -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

• As Maq and Demon59 have reported, I've noticed a problem with orders (e.g., the bombard order) being repeated. I can't track it down but it's holding up my next changes to the source, so I'm going to commit anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Triggs
                  As Maq and Demon59 have reported, I've noticed a problem with orders (e.g., the bombard order) being repeated. I can't track it down but it's holding up my next changes to the source, so I'm going to commit anyway.
                  My first guess would be the modified Bombard code, to start to look for. Other candidates would be any slic modification. And of course can be something else.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by tombom
                    It's the assert in SlicStack::Eval, line 110 (IIRC).
                    This assert usually indicates an error in the Slic input. It is generated when there should have been an integer on the stack (as part of an expression), but there is not.
                    E.g. when you have something like
                    Code:
                    location_t  location;
                    if (0 == location) ...
                    in an event handler. When the evaluation reaches the equality test (==), it expects 2 symbols of the same type on the stack. The 0 is an integer, but location is not an integer, so it is invalid.
                    Because at this point it is not easy to fail gracefully, the code will simply replace the invalid value with the somewhat arbitrary value 0, and continue as if nothing has happened - apart from generating the Assert pop-up with the debug version. So, you will always execute the if-clause in the above section.

When you use the debugger, you should be able to inspect the value of the offending symbol, and find out its name.

Comment

• This is what I noticed after playing 200 turns using the latest playtest with the CTC mod...

Pros
                      -The AI is much more aggressive, espacially towards other AIs. Two AI civs actually conquered another medium strength civ within a few turns.
                      -All the slic things worked, unit upgrades, plagues, etc.

Cons
                      -Everything runs very slowly, almost from the beginning of the game. Opening any menu causes a 5-10 second delay. This occurs with the ranking screen, diplomacy, city and build managers, everything. When exchanging maps with another civ, the game comes to a standstill for 30 seconds until the map is finally revealed.
                      -Borders are not updated, you have to actually see the borders before it shows up on the map/mini map.
                      -The first turn after loading a save game, the AI takes 5 minutes to complete it's turn. After this it returns to normal.
                      -The game freezes when quiting the game.

Screenshot of crazy borders(right map is revealed):
                      Attached Files
                      "

Comment

• I have also noted Epw that the ai now has the ability to regenerate I conquered the world apart form 4 cities this was in 1000bc by the late 1700Ad the ai had build over the entire map. The only mod I had was my mod to make a slightly better ai. Which increases food product slightly. But this mod in the original game never gave any results like this.
                        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW
                          -Borders are not updated, you have to actually see the borders before it shows up on the map/mini map.
                          That's the sense behind it, or do you really think you should have these kind of information for free? I hope not. Well there are still some things to do. One thing are borders after conquest. You should know who was the bastard that stole your land, so you know that you don't controll this terrain any more. A problem is there when tileimps are build and someone has conquered this territory. And I think that there is another problem with the exchange map, but apart from that it looks fine.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
                            The Asserts look familiar to me. This usually happens when you press alt-tab before the screen gets black during the game startup. Apparently, this causes the CreateSurface call to return with a failure call, after which the game is unable to continue.
                            The only problem is that it happened again and I didn't alt-tab.

-Martin

Comment

• Not sure if this is the same, but instead of Alt-tab, I hit space-bar when the opening movie starts up. If I hit it too soon however (i.e., before the Activision animation starts), the game won't finishing loading up and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and restart. So perhaps Alt-Tab is not required..

Comment

• I also noticed the bombardment order being repeated as well as lawyers repeating a "sue" order.
                                The AI's turn still sometimes hangs up (stuck), game is not locked up - can still most everything, just can't move yet because it is the AI's turn. This problem seems to happen in the age where the AI now has planes of some type, almost like a plane is told to go to a city during the previous turn, but since that time the city filled up to it's maximum so it can't go in, but doesn't have enough fuel to go back, won't pull a unit out of the city (weaken the defences) so it just sits there and doesn't know what to do. Sometimes I have to reload the Autosave then try moving a unit a little differently, or fly a plane over that certain AI's territory just to see whats going on, possibly forcing the AI to to crash the plane to get it going again, or just say h3ll with it and start over.

Well started over, game froze during the later middle ages - no planes yet that I could see with the cheat mode. Reloaded the Autosave, got stuck in the same spot.

Question, I noticed that Public Works numbers do not quite add up, has it always been that way based on level or is it a problem that just showed up? Example being that I may have 309 from last turn, should get an additional 263 this turn but I may only end up getting 502 total. Gold seems to add up okay though.
                                Last edited by Fugi the Great; April 30, 2005, 19:06.
                                What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                                Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X