Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry they are still unoptimized. but i have a feeling anew playtest may come out on the code anniversary (atleast it should )
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• oh well... I am trying to limit the game size by not playing on gigantic maps :-) heheh

besides.... I am always one to live on the edge... and the playtest builds are just too far apart for my likes... I like to see the changes on the fly. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by SCROFT
        besides.... I am always one to live on the edge... and the playtest builds are just too far apart for my likes... I like to see the changes on the fly. :-)
        What do you mean by too far apart?

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I watch the revision reports... I like to have a version that is up to speed with the CVS checkins.

I know the playtest builds are not ment to keep up with CVS... but luckily E's builds almost always are the latest CVS.

So I will live with the slower builds by E, when his builds are more current than the Playtest builds.

Comment

• SCROFT,

THank for the support. Glad yoou like the builds. So I did a build with rev476. My sig now links to the latest rev info when you hit "Rev476" but the date part is where the download is, it features Martin's window changes.

enjoy

Comment

• got the latest build from you... started a new game... so far everything is working.

Started using your tileset... looks real nice.
              I have noticed a few issues with the set... let me know if you plan on working on them again and I will give you some bugs to work out.

Comment

• SCOFT, feel free to comment on the tiles, I do temd to tweak them every now and again. there is a ekmek tile thread somewhere I'd appreciate it if you'd post it there.
                thanks.

Comment

• New Playtest 2005.10.23

Well, since people have suggested that new playtest versions aren't coming out quickly enough, and there's a fairly serious bug in the last one, here's a new version.

Again, this version was not compiled in .NET, so it is not necessary to have the .NET runtime environment (or the two dlls mentioned in the first post) to use it. Of course, having them will not hurt anything.

To install, download all three files and extract them into your CTP2 directory. You might notice that file number 2 carries the old date - this is the same file as was uploaded for the last playtest. I didn't bother to upload a new version since nothing in it has changed.

2005.10.23.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
                  2005.09.12.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
                  2005.10.23.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Edit: Removed link. You can download the latest version of the Apolyton edition from here.

Changes:

2005-10-23
                  Fixed: Misc crashes
                  Fixed: Broken/incorrect links in the great library
                  Fixed: Topic display bug in great library
                  Fixed: Hosting of MP games on XP machines
                  Fixed: SLIC error related to missing city
                  Fixed: Prediction of movement times for ships moving through cities
                  Added: New database flags for making construction of units, buildings and wonders depend on the existence of goods
                  Changed: Message boxes to be non-modal
                  Added: Option to select a city first instead of an army
                  Added: DebugSlic and GoodAnim options
                  Added: Two more colour sets
                  Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 23, 2008, 18:17.

Comment

• Re: New Playtest 2005.10.23

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                    Added: Option to select a city first instead of an army
                    Well this doesn't quite work. However entrenching armies are now treated as entrenched armies.

And another note John I think it is time to update the playtest readme we have in the file database.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I think I need to update the credits too

And I was thinking that maybe we should make a txt file of the database cdbs so that people can see a list off all flags available (for the occasional modder that may show up)
                      Last edited by Ekmek; October 23, 2005, 17:32.

Comment

• Just nicked this quote from the other thread to reply to this here:

Originally posted by E
                        I'm slowliy making some unit.txt using the resource code. I'll post it in the playtest as a patch and peole can test it out for balancing. so far I'm thinking of these additions

NeedsCityGood Elephant for Elephant Warrior
                        NeedsCityGoodAnyCity for Horse units (I may replace buffalo with horses)
                        PreRequisiteBldg Airport for aircraft
                        NeedsCityGood Oil for Oil Refinery

And I think I'll add a scout unit for the beginningof the game. I notice that a lot of the beginning turns people are waiting for the city to build something and maybe I'll find a way to make people choose start units in the profileDB
                        Id suggest, because plains are already better than grassland for general purpose cities, horses only be on grassland. Buffalo is currently on plains IIRC and replacing that would tip the balance towards plains even more.

I like the Elephant Warrior sprite so i have no problem with adding it, its something different.

The airport for aircraft thing, this sounds a bit restrictive, especially for the AI to handle well. It would be less restrictive to do it like civ2 and have airport, barracks and battlements (with a more appropriate name) to produce new veteran units of their respective areas. Also heal the respective type of unit in one turn, if the building is present in the city.

What sprite would you use for the scout unit? It should be Activision quality though i think.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I was thinking of using the indian warrior one that is already there. in fact, I was planning on only re-using some of those unused sprites for the extra units.

we can try the airport thing. really i think creating key cities instead of sprawl would add something new to the game as well as the quest for goods.

Comment

• Ill run through a full game on the new playtest once you post your changes then.
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Re: Re: New Playtest 2005.10.23

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                              And another note John I think it is time to update the playtest readme we have in the file database.
                              Ah yes - a good point. I'll do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                                Ill run through a full game on the new playtest once you post your changes then.
                                Maq here is a first shot. I added a new good, the horse, for grassland (replaces the potato)and its required for mounted units. then there is the elephant, scout, swordsman, samurai, and legion units. I didnt tweek the stats yet but see if the cultureonly stuff works with your playtest since martin has changed it. I'll test it myself and may tweak a bit too. other tweaks i did was to the first ship an attack value of 10 to allow for early naval fights (why were they left out before? it made it boring)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Ekmek; October 26, 2005, 11:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X