Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had no problems until I was building an oil refinery and I think I encountered the building bug. I posted over it with my Revision 432 compiled ctp2.exe. Note my compiler makes the exe bigger and anything compiled is not an "official" upgrade but I'll post it as I compile them for hard-core testers.

It is ONLY the exe file not anything else so you have to download the RAR posted for the playtest.

Ectp2exe.zip

Edit: Removed link. You can download the latest version of the Apolyton edition from here.
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 23, 2008, 18:12.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E
      I had no problems until I was building an oil refinery and I think I encountered the building bug.
      What is the building bug?

Originally posted by E
      I posted over it with my Revision 432 compiled ctp2.exe. Note my compiler makes the exe bigger and anything compiled is not an "official" upgrade but I'll post it as I compile them for hard-core testers.
      Well and it results in a slower unoptimized ctp2.exe.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

What is the building bug?

-Martin
        I believe it was posted earlier where the building que or something caused the game to crash. A fix was posted soon after but not a new playtest, from what I saw.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

And by the way Fugi I fixed the problem with Infrastructure, just to inform you.

-Martin
          Glad to hear you fixed it. It's probably a bad habit of mine, but I have this tendency to put cities making Infrastructure when all the buildings are built in a city and I have no need for further military units (or waiting for a new unit to be discovered shortly), and then when something new can be built, I just highlight all the cities currently making Infrastructure and "insert" the new buildings or units. I do the same thing later on when Capitialisation is discovered.

Just curious, but when might we expect to see the new version, since it sounds like it's getting close?
          What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
          Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by Fugi the Great
            Glad to hear you fixed it. It's probably a bad habit of mine, but I have this tendency to put cities making Infrastructure when all the buildings are built in a city and I have no need for further military units (or waiting for a new unit to be discovered shortly), and then when something new can be built, I just highlight all the cities currently making Infrastructure and "insert" the new buildings or units. I do the same thing later on when Capitialisation is discovered.
            Actual I do it like you except that I replace the current build queues of those cities with Capitalisation and Infrastructure, instead of inserting new build items before these thinks. By the way the bug also occured in single city single item insert mode. But actual noone would select the front item Infrastructure and then click on the insert button.

Originally posted by Fugi the Great
            Just curious, but when might we expect to see the new version, since it sounds like it's getting close?
            Well actual its time, the last AI related thing I was hunting disappeared after a very close look. It turned out I was hunting a phantom.

So if John isn't able to provide us with a new playtest version within the next days I have to figure out how I can use the infrastructure of my uni remotely to generate such a build.

-Martin

Comment

So if John isn't able to provide us with a new playtest version within the next days I have to figure out how I can use the infrastructure of my uni remotely to generate such a build.
              I should be able to put one together today. Sorry for the delay, but I've been rather distracted by the linux port of late.
              Last edited by J Bytheway; August 2, 2005, 20:47.

Comment

• New Playtest 2005.08.02

Here's another version. It crashes on exit for me, which is not such a good sign, but otherwise appears to work OK, so I thought I'd upload it anyway.

Again, this version was not compiled in .NET, so it is not necessary to have the .NET runtime environment (or the two dlls mentioned in the first post) to use it. Of course, having them will not hurt anything.

To install, download all three files and extract them into your CTP2 directory.

[Files removed]

[Note: this version is obsolete. A new version is available here]

Changes:

2005-08-02
                Fixed: Bugs with /importmap
                Fixed: Misc crashes
                Fixed: Updating of values caused by alteration of sliders on national management dialog
                Fixed: Bug preventing rush buying an item inserted before Capitalization or Infrastructure
                Added: Buttons linking the National, City and Build Managers
                Last edited by J Bytheway; September 11, 2005, 20:50.

Comment

• Thank you. Im using the 2005 6 28 playtest now. Of course will update,. After 200 turns ( stated above how I started the game ) the AI is more of a builder than a fighter. Only one war between AI factions and im in a war with one.This could change quick. At least the AI is not beating itself up as before. With you mopping up after. The AI builds alot more city improvments and tile improments than before sort of like a sim city.
                  Only small problem when exiting game the music still keeps playing. Have to reboot.
                  Al seems to use it ships more with units loaded in them .
                  While fixing bugs is the main reason for the playtests I have to say the AI is improving alot all without the pile of cheats from mods

Comment

• This new playtest is missing the new front menu, so when i enter the multiplayer tab it crashes to desktop because of that.

edit: Actually most (if not all) the new opening menus are missing, i couldnt change shape of map to doughnut without it CTD for example.
                    Last edited by Maquiladora; August 3, 2005, 10:35.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                      This new playtest is missing the new front menu, so when i enter the multiplayer tab it crashes to desktop because of that.

edit: Actually most (if not all) the new opening menus are missing, i couldnt change shape of map to doughnut without it CTD for example.
                      Maq did you download everything? For me it looks like you have just applied the exe part and not the data and graphics part. Obviously you are lacking the new *.ldl files.

Originally posted by Protra3211
                      Thank you. Im using the 2005 6 28 playtest now. Of course will update,. After 200 turns ( stated above how I started the game ) the AI is more of a builder than a fighter. Only one war between AI factions and im in a war with one.This could change quick.
                      Well this problem is caused by a small problem with the radius computation. Litte cause - huge effect. It is fixed in the latest version.

At least the AI is not beating itself up as before. With you mopping up after.
                      I like this behaviour, it let feel you beeing in a real world, not like in an artificial world with AIs being nice to each other.

Only small problem when exiting game the music still keeps playing. Have to reboot.
                      Actual you just need to wait when it played the tracked to the end. Or you can restart CTP2 and then it ends the track. (Of course the last thing isn't a real solution )

Comment

Maq did you download everything? For me it looks like you have just applied the exe part and not the data and graphics part. Obviously you are lacking the new *.ldl files.
                        I must have made an error extracting the first time
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Well this new version is pretty smooth so far. I was getting two strange errors in my scenario (no slic) with the previous playtest:

Edit: Removed images since their addresses were invalid and fortunately the images aren't relevant anymore.

I was gonna mention them before but now this new version has got rid of these errors somehow...

Also played about 120 turns of a new game and everything is fine, the AI is expanding well, all have their sliders maxed, 10-12 cities for all AI's in Tyranny, except the Welsh which are trapped on a tiny island surrounded by deep ocean, but they have lots of settlers waiting in coracles, hopefully they can switch them into longships.

Two other things i did notice, 4 out of the 5 AIs have built enough caravans for the best value route but havent built the route, none of them have built any routes yet, the other one AI hasnt built any caravans which is fine.

The other thing is one city from all AI cities is using two entertainers when it only needs one, so its a really minor complaint since its 1 city. That city is building a wonder, with 1 entertainer its 73 happiness, with 2 its 75, so maybe theyre playing it safe since the wonder is almost done.
                          Last edited by Martin Gühmann; June 24, 2008, 16:04.

Comment

• This might be more related to my slic but, I set regard and trust in scenario.slc and saved, now i just tried to reload the scenario and got a CTD with this crash.txt:

Code:
                              0x77f52109  [__onexitbegin + 0x774302b1]
                              0x77f569d2  [__onexitbegin + 0x77434b7a]
                              0x77f567cd  [__onexitbegin + 0x77434975]
                              0x77c2ac14  [__onexitbegin + 0x77108dbc]
                              0x77c2ac2a  [__onexitbegin + 0x77108dd2]
                              0x00794cbe  [?AddForeignerGoalsForCity@CtpAi@@SAXABVUnit@@J@Z + 0xbe]
                              0x00796724  [?Load@CtpAi@@SAXAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0xb4]
                              0x005014ea  [?gameinit_Initialize@@YAJJJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x1aea]
                              0x0040add4  [?InitializeGame@CivApp@@QAEJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x164]
                              0x00524b78  [?Restore@GameFile@@QAEKPBD@Z + 0x718]
                              0x0052365b  [?RestoreGame@GameFile@@SAXPBD@Z + 0x1b]
                              0x0040c66e  [?LoadSavedGame@CivApp@@QAEJPAD@Z + 0x11e]
                              0x0040d015  [?Execute@LoadSaveGameAction@@UAAXPAVaui_Control@@KK@Z + 0x15]
                              0x0061b399  [?Process@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x139]
                              0x0040bf52  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x1a2]
                              0x0040c34a  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x12a]
                              0x00406f4e  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x39e]
                              0x00406a05  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                              0x007bb5fc  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                              0x77e8141a  [__onexitbegin + 0x7735f5c2]

Comment

• So far playtest 2005 08 02 after 100 turns has no problems. On impossible giantic map with 9 civs im Rome. First civ I met was Maya (PeaceMaker) and I wanted war as I felt this early they would not be ready for it and I was right.They had a city near my border and I took it. With only one unit to defend the next city I capured two in a row. Maya wanted a cease fire (smart move by AI) and I allowed it.
                              Next civ Mali (Autocratic Militarist) I met seemed to have more units and better border defense so was respectful of them.
                              Most civs had between 8 and 12 cities which is about right. Good use of ships with slavers loaded inside.
                              Now some civs had 40 units while some only 20 or a little less.
                              I feel that the AI should build more units so as to have a ready defense against early attacks. Defense seems weak where in playtest 2004 04 03 the AI would send more units to block (Patrol goal) your path from entering in there area.

Comment

• There seems to be a problem with settlers moving in my empire and making cities . I thought you could not do that must be a bug, Try to look up files to see if a number was set wrong like the Goals file. I dont know what to think.I can see clear border lines as a settler comes in and makes a city.

Comment

Working...
                                X