This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
    Fugi, did you used a different mod before you tried to start a new game? Exspecially a mod with more civs.

-Martin
    What I have is a copy of the original game which was modified to Playtest I, moved that to a new directory(Call to Power 2a), installed the last two Playtest versions (5-17 and 5-23) on this copy (should be able to do that). From here I changed a few units so that they can bombard the way they used to, gave the helicopter a fuel tank, made it so transports and carriers hold 6 units, governments limited to 1000 cites (I'm a warmonger, If I can't e x p a n d my empire, why should I play?). Other than that, I am not playing anyone elses mod, and I do not make modifications to anything in the middle of a game. Last game was with 22 empires - huge map; found out in the previous game that it was too easy to liberate other countries when you max it out to 32 (computer never gets a chance to build a decent army to defend itself). That last game was started after I updated to Playtest 5-23, previous game was only on Playtest 5-17.

currently playing one on the Playtest 1 - I don't have any problems with that version. Waiting for the the next one that will fix the trade problem.
    What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
    Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Some more things.

Founding cities on top of forts messes up the visibility. It looks like the two visibility radii cancel each other out, leaving the whole area darkened rather than visible. Even the city itself is hidden behind the fog of war until a unit is built.

I think the diplomacy pictures have already been mentioned - too big. Another thing (although this may be mod specific), when being contacted by an AI civ, the diplomacy proposal comes up during it's turn, and then vanishes from the screen at the beginning of my turn before I can respond to it.

When using the CreateCity event in SLIC (I think), the game seems to create a 0 sized city which appears with a sea-city sprite. Usually this immediately turns into a size-1 land city normally, but occasionally, particularly for the AI I think, it stays as a size 0 sea city on land, and does nothing.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• New Playtest after a long time

I installed from scratch CTP2 + overwrote with e the three RAR files dated 2005.05.17.

Then I overwrote again with the latest version rar ie 2005.05.23 update.

1) I am on Win Xp pro, with Athlon 2800+, MSI 5600XT TD 256, SATA 160 Gb Maxtor with logitech Mx cordeless keyboard and mouse.

2) It asked me to buy Indeo Video Playback for something like 20us$, which it never did before.

3) I couldn't see the mouse pointer in most cases, hence selecting options was impossible. I had to give up.

Any ideas to help me?

Cheers and regards

Frog Gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by Frog_Gamer
          2) It asked me to buy Indeo Video Playback for something like 20us$, which it never did before.
          Some time ago Tamerlin reported that he had this problem here and that he solved it here. Essentially you probably just need to install some codec. If you can't do that, you can probably work around the problem by skipping the intro movie by passing the 'nointromovie' command line argument to CTP2.

Comment

• Video Codecs

Hi Frog Gamer,

Here are the Codecs that should solve your problems.
            Attached Files
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Thanks

Thanks Tamerlin. I will try tonight.

Cheers

Comment

• Just read Fromafar's changes to the flatmap problem i was having (many thanks to him for that ), is there anyone that can compile a new version with these latest changes so i can test it out?
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• i would love a copy too
                  "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                  The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                  Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• anybody noticed the gl file problem seal is labelled up as walrus.

And When did martins good mod become a part of the playtest. It’s a good mod but i don't like his fish
                    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• I can make new fish, or atleast take them from Civ3 (but enlarge) or from AoK...

I'd also like a new playtest, mainly since it has AoM support now, I am trying to compile it myself but no luck yet.
                      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• I don't thinck we should use anything from civ3 in the playtest.

Comment

• I'll see if I can whip up something....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Mc
                            I don't thinck we should use anything from civ3 in the playtest.
                            I agree.
                            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                            "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                            Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• BigMc maybe thiscan inspire you to do a fish...I'm sorry but I'm a little short on time now (I barely have time to try and compile)
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Why the tuna? Why not the dye, it is an upsized little icon from an early Civ3 screenshot and therefore with a bad quality.

Oh and yes we need a new playtest, espeacilly with all these Linux stuff merged in. But right now it would only be an emergency solution if I do a new build.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X