This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fugi the Great
    Didn't think they had anything to do with the Can't Rush Buy problem, just telling you what I saw playing this version of the Playtest.
    Well it sounded like you would suggest it.

Originally posted by Fugi the Great
    This used to work as I tell it above, something has changed in this version, like it thinks those cities are still building Infrastructure, eventhough it clearly shows they are building something else. Like some registers didn't get cleared properly.
    One thing I am not sure about is which version do you use as comparision base, is that an Activision version or the last playtest for example.

And yes demon59, I have cycled cities when I did it the first way, closed and then reopened the National Manger to see if it updated, same thing: ---. No need to cycle cities if I do Production changes one city at a time since it works fine then.
    Another thing about the procedure that is unclear to me is whether you tried it only with cities on that list that can build brookerages. So what happens with these.

And your bug reprt is now much better, now I have a detailed description how to replicate it. Only with your first bug report I would go to the city build queue and change it from there, city by city and would see that it works.

And I think I got an idea what could cause the problem. But unfortunatly I found a more serious problem that has to be fixed before...

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I really ought to keep up better with the playtests, I guess...

Does the Solaris Project victory work in this playtest? It kept crashing the one from back in March...

Comment

• Originally posted by Uchuu-kun[SM42]
        Does the Solaris Project victory work in this playtest? It kept crashing the one from back in March...
        Well without a savegame that allows us to see the crash in front of our eyes and without bug report it is difficuilt to find a bug. Even if I must admit that this bug is known for ages, but it dropped out of focus. So if it isn't fixed in the playtest from March then it isn't fixed in this playtest, either.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
          One thing I am not sure about is which version do you use as comparision base, is that an Activision version or the last playtest for example.
          -Martin
          I guess the version I am using as a comparison seems to be one of the earlier playtests dated 2004-03-28 from what it shows on the opening screen. I think that was Playtest I, which I have no problem with.

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann Another thing about the procedure that is unclear to me is whether you tried it only with cities on that list that can build brookerages. So what happens with these.
          -Martin
          Lost me on that one. Are you saying that I should only try this procedure with the 4 cities that can actually build it (don't have it yet), and not the other 5 cities that already have it? If that is what you mean, I just tried that, it did the same thing.

Tried this on the same game, but 100 years later, wanted to see if it did it with Capitalization, it worked just the way it always had before. So I then tried it with Infrastructure again to verify that the problem was still there but I couldn't duplicate the problem again.
          Last edited by Fugi the Great; May 29, 2005, 00:53.
          What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
          Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I think that was Playtest I, which I have no problem with.
            Please don't count them the date is enough, I count them, either. But if you want to know it exactly the last playtest John posted the patch from May the 23rd 2005 is the 20th.

Lost me on that one. Are you saying that I should only try this procedure with the 4 cities that can actually build it (don't have it yet), and not the other 5 cities that already have it? If that is what you mean, I just tried that, it did the same thing.
            Yes I meant this.

Tried this on the same game, but 100 years later, wanted to see if it did it with Capitalization, it worked just the way it always had before. So I then tried it with Infrastructure again to verify that the problem was still there but I couldn't duplicate the problem again.
            Well that is odd now we should really have the savegame with the problem. One think to note is which playtest did you use to make the first observation and which one did you use for the second observation? For instance the one from the 17th or the one from the 23rd.

-Martin

Comment

• Martin Gühmann: Game save sent to your email address. Did you get it?

Both observations were from version dated 5-17-2005, did not update to 5-23 yet, wanted to finish this game first, (guess I am finished now since I keep getting a CTD in 1938)
              Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Hi all ! I donloaded the latest build and patch ...

All works well but i can't etablish commercial roads !

I hope a fast answer
                L'Arabe Dément
                l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

Martin Gühmann: Game save sent to your email address. Did you get it?
                  I got it.

Both observations were from version dated 5-17-2005, did not update to 5-23 yet, wanted to finish this game first, (guess I am finished now since I keep getting a CTD in 1938)
                  Well this sounds like it only occurs if only infrastructure is researched or at least one of them. Well I will look into it, but it will be rather next weekend than this week.

Well for your crash you should post the save game here so that we all can have a look here. The best is you zip it and use the Apolyton upload service.

And I can confirm the bug of not being able to build trade routes.

-Martin

Comment

• Well for your crash you should post the save game here so that we all can have a look here. The best is you zip it and use the Apolyton upload service.
                    Here it is, hope you find something:

Upgraded to 5-23, only 1 CTD so far (turn 103), recovered from the Autosave (sometimes had to do that with the original version from Activision). Noticed this version of the playtest, and previous version playtest that when you shut the program down, it may look like it quit, but it may still running in the background using 99% of CPU (according to Task Manager). Noticed this because my screen resolution was smaller than normal (larger icons), and the mouse seemed a bit slower than usual, with music still playing. Other than that, no other problems so far up to turn 403 (last game save).
                    Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• When i can expect to build trade routes à nouveau ?
                      L'Arabe Dément
                      l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

• Originally posted by Abdul Alhazred
                        When i can expect to build trade routes à nouveau ?
                        In the next version, I just have to make the files ready for committing, but this will be, tomorrow.

-Martin

Comment

• picture on this posting moved down a few spots.

why can't I delete this posting?
                          why can't I add an attachment to an edited post?
                          why do jpegs show up right away, but bmps have to be downloaded, is it my browser or limitation of fourm software?
                          Last edited by Fugi the Great; June 5, 2005, 20:26.
                          Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• oops
                            Last edited by Fugi the Great; June 5, 2005, 20:12.
                            Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Found another area where certain units can not move into. If you look at the picture, it's a little busy there, but the area in question is where the two squadrons of bombers are. Machine Gunners, Artillery, and Tanks can not move into this area, eventhough there is a green line attached to the tank for example that shows it should be possible to do so. The fact that my bombers are in that square proves there are no invisible enemies in that square. There is no other enemy armies close enough to not let me move into that area due to their zone of control.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Fugi the Great; June 5, 2005, 20:21.
                              Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• this is what I mean about the speed problem, I just quit the game, it looks like it quits but it is still running. It used to take a few seconds to disappear, now it is gone instantly but it is still running in the background chewing up 99% of CPU. Notice I have nothing else running except for Task Manager and McAfee Internet Security.
                                Attached Files
                                Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X