PROJECT: Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT: Vision

The vision concerning fooged tiles is screwed up, so far I cannot figure out how it is handled concerning tile improvements. To be precise how it is done that you see an old tile improvement that has been replaced since your last visit. From the code I would say it just disapears and maybe that just happens in the current version. Actual I ask just for a picture that shows a finished tile improvement and the status bars displays the name of another tile improvemnt. I know that we have something like this in the official patch by Activision.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Come on, it can't be too difficuilt to take some screen shots while you are playing CTP2 whether unpatched, patched or playtested.

-Martin
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; December 17, 2004, 16:25.

Comment

This shows an old improvement (the road) and one that isnt shown at all (the adv farm).

This is a way of tracking the position of a MP opponent. You explore near their city early and even a thousand years in the future you can hover the cursor there and see what tile improvements theyre upto or how much they have improved around that city.

IMO we should get rid of the status bar information altogether.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

CRAP forgot the screenshot
        Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
          This shows an old improvement (the road) and one that isnt shown at all (the adv farm).
          Well that is not quite the image I want, for the graphic engine roads and tile improvements like food, production and gold improvements are two different things. I understand how roads are saved in the UnseenCell object but I have no idea how the same is done for the other tile improvements. My suspicion is that it is not done in CTP2 v.1.0, but I am not sure. But I can swear that it is done in CTP2 v.1.1. So in fact I am looking for an image with a farm, but the according tile contains actually an advanced farm.

This is a way of tracking the position of a MP opponent. You explore near their city early and even a thousand years in the future you can hover the cursor there and see what tile improvements theyre upto or how much they have improved around that city.

IMO we should get rid of the status bar information altogether.
          Unfortunatly this doesn't solve the problem you still can see the borders on the main map on the mini map and in the right click info you even get an picture of the tile improvement that is actually there, you also see there, the terrain statisics like food, production, gold and movement, even if I removed the cities from the infobar you still can find them, because of such pieces of infomation. One problem here is that each cell get only an UnseenCell object if there is an tile improvement under construction. But if I make sure that every cell gets its UnseenCell object, the tileimprovements under the fog of war aren't displayed at all. Well I already know where the culprit of this is but my actual concern is whether there is anything in this version of CTP2 that saves the information about hidden tileimprovements.

So to come back to the image I requested, if you can do such a screenshot with a farm that is actual an advanced farm then, it means that there is something in the code that saves this piece of information. If you cannot produce such a screenshot, even if you know that there was a farm but there is now no farm displayed but the tile contains an advanced farm then here is something missing that is present in the 1.1 version of the game.

I tried to get an picture of an farm that is actual an advanced farm with the cheat editor but all what I got was a blanc tile.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well that is not quite the image I want, for the graphic engine roads and tile improvements like food, production and gold improvements are two different things. I understand how roads are saved in the UnseenCell object but I have no idea how the same is done for the other tile improvements. My suspicion is that it is not done in CTP2 v.1.0, but I am not sure. But I can swear that it is done in CTP2 v.1.1. So in fact I am looking for an image with a farm, but the according tile contains actually an advanced farm.

Ah, I didnt know roads were different. The screenshot I posted was from the latest playtest, and I also checked the other saves I have from the playtest and I couldnt find one instance of it, with a food, production or commerce imp different on the status bar to the graphic next to the city and it still shows the old graphic. Ill keep looking when I play though.

I tried to get an picture of an farm that is actual an advanced farm with the cheat editor but all what I got was a blanc tile.

Yeah, I got the same with the playtest and v1.1.

Comment

Yeah, I got the same with the playtest and v1.1.
              That is interesting, but it just could mean that changes by the cheat editor are handled differently.

However thank you very much for the pieces of information, unfortunatly I cannot use my 1.1 version and I don't know if I have removed everything that could influence this part of vision that I modified sice I have started to play arround with it.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
              X