Possible Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Bug

Never seen this mentioned but wonder if this is a bug.

I recently activated the tutorial in CTP2. After that it appears that the computer selects the exact same random players to play all games. Eg, in my example I noticed that Babylonians were always orange and the same list kept appearing. This was true even when I changed the number of players. Babylonians were still orange and first player selected.

At first I thought it was because I had inadvertantly done something with slic but it kept doing it even when I commented out all my recent work. I went back and activated an old backup copy of the game, copied the new files into that backup, ran it and random players were again selected. The only thing I can see different between the two games is that I activated the tutorial in one.

Anyone else had this? or can someone else run it and see if it happens please?

That's actually a known problem. Q1 from the FAQ:

Q1: When I start a new game, I always play against the same civs (in the unmodded game: Americans, English, Greek, Scottish, etc). Why can't I play against random opponents?

A1: If you want to play with random civs (regardless of what mods you're (not) using), there are two things to keep in mind:

1. You have to play on one of the higher difficulty levels, IIRC Prince/Medium or higher.
    2. You have to make sure NonRandomCivs in ctp2_program\userprofile.txt is set to No.

If both these conditions are met you'll play against different opponents every time you start a new game.
    NonRandomCivs is set when you're playing the Tutorial, and can only be reset manually.

I guess that's something that would be nice to fix though...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X