Courius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courius

I just stubled upon this in Advance.txt while browsing the files.

Code:

ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS {

Prerequisites ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS

Cost 1
       Icon ICON_ADVANCE_DEFAULT
       Branch 0
       Age AGE_FIVE
       GLHidden
    }
    Does anyone know why this is like this?
    If it has no reason to be in there I think we should remove it.

Its so you can set things to be available with an advance you can never get. e.g. Heroes in scenarios, aethetic tile improvements and so on. Its used quite a lot in some of the mods, I believe.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
      Its so you can set things to be available with an advance you can never get. e.g. Heroes in scenarios, aethetic tile improvements and so on. Its used quite a lot in some of the mods, I believe.
      oh i see, but shouldnt it be called something like ADVANCE_UNAVAILABLE or something like that?

Comment

It is a leftover from CTP1 and as it is used quite often in mods you cannot remove or rename it.

Well renaming wouldn't screw up the database so that you could continue an existing game but the slic code doesn't use ADVANCE_UNAVAILABLE, but ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS.

Well another question Klaus why is your ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS of age AGE_FIVE. I thought I provided an updated advance.txt with the last all pack.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
          It is a leftover from CTP1 and as it is used quite often in mods you cannot remove or rename it.

Well renaming wouldn't screw up the database so that you could continue an existing game but the slic code doesn't use ADVANCE_UNAVAILABLE, but ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS.

Well another question Klaus why is your ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS of age AGE_FIVE. I thought I provided an updated advance.txt with the last all pack.

-Martin
          Maybe we should add a comment to the file about the use of ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS so that casual readers will know what it is all about

And for the latest All pack: Aheeem, well ... i downloaded it but i never really got anything else done about it before i forgot all about it again, seems that im getting more senile every day

Comment

Working...
          X