Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders

Playing with the latest playtest Using Modmanager playing Apolyton Superpack Everything Ok unless one winds a Wonder The music plays and one sees the graphics but it will not diappear one can save quit and restart with no problem and the graphic is gone

There is also a disclaimer about Clanguage at the beginning of the game

It is very difficult to answer this without more information.

Do you have full screen movies or movies in a window? Did you try clicking on the movie (window) to close it? What is the exact text of the disclaimer at the beginning of the game?

Comment

Wonders

Hi FROMAFAR
      Its Tomas1931WHO HAD THE CORRUPTED ARIAL.TTF FILE WHICH WE RESOLVED pLAYING THE GAME IS NOW STABLE WITH NO PROBLEMS EXCEPT WHEN A WONDER WINDOW COMES UP AND YES IT IS IN A DEFINED WINDOW AND NOT THE ENTIRE SCREEN iF ONE CLICKS ON THE MOVIE THE SOUND STOPS tHE MOUSE IS ACTIVE ONE CAN WORK ON THE SCREEN SAVINGS MOVING ETC BUT THE WINDOW WILL NOT DISAPPEAR ULESS ONE RELOADS THE GAME

THE DISCLAIMER IS WHEN YOU FIRST LOAD THE GAME IT STATES THAT ONE IS NOT LICENSED ABOUT C++ LANGUAGE I THINK THIS WAS DISCUSSED IN THE LAST PLAYTEST VERSION ONE FINAL NOTE ALL THE MODS LOAD AND PLAY BUT IF ONE TRIES TO LOAD CALL TO CONQUEST IT STATES SOME TYPE OF FILE IS MISSING
      THANKS AGAIN I HAVE BEEN PLAYING A SUPER APOLYTON PACK ON HARD LEVEL AND UP TO 1200AD SO FAR.

Comment

OK, so the disclaimer is just because the executable has been compiled with Martin's author's edition.

Strangely enough, I remember having the problem with the movie window refusing to close with the original Activision version. Usually, it did not have an impact on the gameplay, and it would go away after some time, but it surely was annoying. I was never able to figure out exactly when or why it would close. And, I did not have this problem with the playtest release yet. Can you try - next time - what happens when you let the movie play out until the end before clicking?

For the missing file - again - carefully examine the exact message. With any luck, it will report the name of the file that is missing.

Comment

Wonders

Dear FromAFar
          I attempted to download the mod Call to conquest The file downloads onto my computer but when I click on the exe file it begins down load as a Winzip file and I get this error message "winzip Self Extractor"
          "Cant Create output file:C:\Program Files\Activision\Call to Power2\CTP2_data\default\graphics\sprite\gu119.spr"

I will not be able to tell you about the Wonder Window for awhile as I do not always win it in the game
          Thanks

Comment

If the Call to Conquest files cause error messages, you 'd better try reporting it in one of the other forums. The people in the Mods forum should know much more about it.

Maybe there is something wrong in the Zip file (there is no sprite directory - it should be called sprites). Or you already have an existing (read-only?) file with the same name, and have not selected to overwrite existing files.

Comment

You must let the wonder movies play uninterrupted to the end before using the mouse or keyboard -- it has always been this way.
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

yep then you just click on the window and it goes away......something like that. I cant seem to remember having too much problem with the wonder movies?
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                X