crash to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help on WINRAR

I attempted to download the new version of the playtest that you recommended I used Winrar double clicked on the file and then extracted to the CTP folder but when I go to the game it still shows the 3/28/04 with logo what am I doing wrong I am use To Winzip I need help

Comment

When you extracted, were you asked to confirm overwriting of files? If not, then you didn't extract to the right place.

Comment

Also, are you sure you extracted all the files?
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It did ask me to overwrite the files and the apolyton read text in the ctp folder shows the update but the logo on starting the game still shows 3/04

Comment

Re: reply

Originally posted by Tomas1931
            It did ask me to overwrite the files and the apolyton read text in the ctp folder shows the update but the logo on starting the game still shows 3/04
            That's because the lastet playtestversion 10554_2004.06.15.CTP2Playtest.rar includes old and wrong dates for the version string in the ldl_str.txt files.

Code:
            ### Version String ###    
            str_ldl_version "2004-03-28"
            But otherwise the archiv seems ok.

And for the core problem of this thread:
            It seems to me a hardware/driver (probably graphics) related problem. I run ctp2 here on 4 different PCs with windows XP home and professional without a problem.

To be sure you can maybe submit a savegame file from you immediatly before the crash happens. And we can check out if it runs on our machines.
            Ludwig

Comment

I dont seem to be able to copy my save games in to the reply section of the forum with wants an extension I need help on how to do this

Comment

here is a save file in rar format
                Attached Files

Comment

Save File ok

Originally posted by Tomas1931
                  here is a save file in rar format
                  The save file seems ok. Played until round 100 without any problems.
                  Attached Files
                  Ludwig

Comment

crash to desk

Is there any hope since my save game played normally it is something on my computer I am using the correct driver for the nividia geforce mx 420 accor not were to begin as it is crashing constantly Any suggestion would be appreciated

Comment

crash to desk

anyone playing the game with WIndows XP Home service pack and anividia GE Force mx 420 64 megs could show me what drivers They are using and I can see if by using those drivers the game will play right now I am using the nividia 56.72 latest drivers on their web All my other games play normally I have a Dell Dimension 8200 whether that has any meaning

Comment

Fromafar has posted a possible fix wait until John manages to compile a new playtest build and test again.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I managed to completely and nastily crash my PC trying to compile it last night, but I hope to have better luck tonight...

Comment

crash to desktop

Since I keep crashing to desktop and the same save file played normally on your machine and I checked and I have the proper drivers for the niviia ge forcemx420 Reinstalling the game makes no difference Would it be of benefit to reinstall Windows Xp as some critical file that CTP needs may not be present Any suggestions would be of grat help as I reall like to be able to play this game

Comment

Since the aui_BitmapFont:: DrawString function is causing the crashes, I would start by looking for possible font or resolution problems. Some suggestions:
                              • Set TryWindowsResolution=Yes in userprofile.txt.
                              • Verify Windows is using normal font size (96 dpi).
                              • Check for missing or corrupt font files. CTP2 uses arial.ttf, arialbd.ttf, times.ttf, timesbd.ttf, and lucon.ttf. Usually, these are located in the Windows' Fonts directory.

Comment

crash to the Desktop

Thank you very much Fromafar and I will try your suggestions but I need to ask some question as a Window Newbie
                                Were do I find the Windows font size and how do I change it?
                                How do i tell a corrupt file?
                                I know how to compare if a file is missing between windows and the game but wich folder or file in the game has these*.ttf files but not a corrupt file
                                If I find a missing or corrupt file how do I fix it I only have a reinstall Windows XP from Dell not an orinal program and if this is the case should I reinstall Windows XP and then try the game

Thank You
                                Tomas1931
                                ! also appreciate how fantastic you "guys" are

Comment

Working...
                                X