This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid DP.
    Last edited by Tamerlin; December 19, 2004, 07:08.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by E

I think most would like to see the enslave city and kill city SLIC put into the main game (including updater too). I think even purists like Tamerlin would accept that though I cant speak for him.

Yes, I agree with you.

As far as I am concerned, I consider the SAP2 to be something like the real original game. The Updater2 is, of course, a mod I would like to see in the Apolyton Edition.

Most of the things I don't like when people are speaking about adding new things are those that are changing the scope of the game. CtP2 appeals to me because it has a perfect balance between macromanagement and micromanagement and because it is really a strategic level game. If we compare CtP2 with Civ3, most of us consider there is too much micromanagement in Civ3, it does not suit most of us because there are things that we should not have to manage in a strategy game (workers, assigning a citizen to a specific square, unit by unit combat, unit by unit movement).

But though I don't agree with many proposals (especially those coming from Civ3), this is just a point view and the only thing I am actually looking for is an Apolyton Edition that would be as close as possible to the original game (and/or the SAP2) with as little changes as needed as far as the gameplay is concerned. For example, strengthening the AI is necessary but I would like it to cheat as less as possible as it is a major spoiler as far as I am concerned.

Another possibility would be to implement changes as options you can select when you are configuring your game. I don't know at all if this is difficult or not but I think that it would be great.

I'd also like to see other city capture options like:

"Independence" which would change ownership to a barbarian civ on capture. Sometimes yu feel like conquering, sometimes you dont.

AND "liberate" where it returns to the civ that first built the city (of cours it should be disabled if you are fighting the civ that first built it)
      That is the kind of things that I agree with.
      Last edited by Tamerlin; December 19, 2004, 07:11.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Create puppet

I still like this idea and it wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Create an new civ using one of your cities. This cannot be done at this point.

However I think it is possible to give a civ any of your cities through normal diplomacy. If not this can easily be done since it just about there anyway.

So there should not be much of a problem about creating a new civ from unwanted cities.

The next issue is to force the new civ to be subservient. This needs a special form of alliance with the following additional rules

* The puppet cannot break the alliance.
        * The controlling power can release the puppet.
        * If the puppet is attacked and the controlling civ does not go to war the puppet breaks free.

Up for grabs:
        Should the puppet be allowed to attack another civ in its own right?

Comment

• NO not on its own however

3 way diplomacy could be good where you ask (tell) the puppet to trade technologies with a civ you are at war with.

Or tell the puppet declare war and back them up with your troops to avoid your cities being damaged then demand cities the puppet captures.
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• I've been trying out a few things this morning.

Playtest build: 14/09/2004 - with the new Apolyton title screen(the brown one).

PC: PII 500 128MB ram.

I ran a few start up games to see if i could get the 'stuck on ai turn' bug thing.
            All games were of a standard one player type on huge map with 8 Ai.
            The only thing i changed was the map layout as follows:

game1: all map functions dead centre

I did have some islands(i was on one).Played through to 1AD.

I restarted a new game with these map settings 3 times but didnt play as long(maybe 30 turns each).

No Ai stuck bugs

game2: max Island, max sea

many islands(mine was about 15 tiles total).Played through to 500BC.

tried this map setting two other times, was expecting to get the bug cause of all the Islands but didn't see it.

No Ai stuck bug.

game3: min Island, max Continent

this was just a desperate attempt to trick the AI
            I played two games on this setting, and as expected -

No Ai stuck bug.

So even though i've had the bug before, i couldn't seem to get it today?? strange for sure.
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• 500th post of this thread... I'll post some comments in the new one
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                500th post of this thread... I'll post some comments in the new one

It seems that the next title will be PROJECT: Maquiladora's Playtest III.

Comment

• And of course we shouldn't forget to provide a link to the new one. And vice versa.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                  X