Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello ^_^

Good morning everyone, I know my English is bad, so dont flame me

Its been a while since Ive visited Apolyton, ive noticed the CtP2 Source Code Project, and Id like to thank the ppl that are doing some really hard work to make this game better , doing fixes here and there, things that Activision will never do (If they remmember they made this game)

I was thinking, I like CtP2 gameplay style, better than Civ3, its way better than CtP1, but, I like the CtP1 graphic interface, the menus, tiles, etc, they look a lot better Is there a possible way to reemplace those graphics, or "skinning" CtP2? I dont know C++, but Im learning right now, and this would be a nice educational attempt, can someone give me pointers or help or something?

Hello

So I take it your into graphics.

There is a way to skin ctp so the interface looks like ctp1 you may have a problem however when you come to tiles as some ctp2 tiles don’t exist in ctp1 (can’t remember what however but I am sure there are some ).

I can help but I have a lot of work to do in real life and trying to make some more units

To see an example of skins there is a download of one in my website l(inks on my footer)
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Thanx The Big Mc

Well, tiles are no problem, I think the Menu graphics and bars are the only things that are worth changing, (Is there a way to change the CtP2 font to something like.. Verdana)

It will be really nice to have the CtP1 Icon Notices (http://apolyton.net/ctp/preview/screens/cavalry.jpg - those on the left side) instead of a list that shows everything, you dont know when you are building a lot of stuff and a Spy is stealing something of whatever

well im going to check the CtP2 Source Code and mess with it

Comment

Working...
      X