GENERAL: Source Code outside Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GENERAL: Source Code outside Apolyton

I just noticed that one other gaming site, CFXWeb, is hosting the source for CtP2 in its downloads. IIRC, according to the EULA, we're the only ones allowed to have a download, besides, the EULA must be displayed before any download can happen.

It is my opinion that their webmaster should be emailed, explained the situation and kindly asked to remove the source - personally, I'd rather see the source only hosted here, as per our agreement with Activision.

Thoughts?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Link please?

As the FAQ reads, hosting the source is fine, as long as people must agree to the EULA before accessing the code.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Gee, and I failed to provide a link?

I also reviewed the FAQ, and found what you're referring to.

At that site, you need to register to be able to download anything at all. However, the download appears to be direct, I'm waiting for my registration confirmation now....

If there's no EULA required, I could talk to the webmaster... he might remember as I've dealt with him in the past, and he seemed to be quite friendly, too.

Comment

I registered already, it's perfectly legit.

Comment

Did it ask you to accept the EULA, then?

Comment

It's the exe installer, which prompts for accepting the EULA during install.

Comment

The For more information you can head here link is to http://apolyton.net/ctp2/
              But it would be very easy to miss that.

At this stage of bug fixes, it would be regrettable if there were people out there working on the source code independently duplicating the work done here.
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

There are probably not. It's obvious that the undertaking is impossible for one or two people, so if anyone else is working on this, there's a group of people - and I'm pretty certain that either the group would contact Apolyton, or we would find out about it somehow else.

Comment

Perhaps we could ask him to make it more obvious that there is a group (ours) that is working on the code

Comment

Working...
                  X