CtP2 Source Code Project FAQ (v2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Bytheway
    Here's an attempt at a revision of the first part of the FAQ. Martin: could you review this before I PM Locutus about it to help me check I haven't made any factual errors? I haven't fixed the broken links to the source code, because - as you say, and as far as I know - there's no correct place to link them to.
    In general you can see that the whole text is written in 2003/2004, however this would mean to rewrite it even more.

A small thing: For consistency it should be 2003-11-06 instead of 2003-11-6.

To point four some time ago, I added a zipped version of revision 422 to the directory. I would prefer not link to the file directly, as the directory entry just links to the place where I placed it and not to a file on Apolyton:

In the meantime it got heavily outdated since we have now revision 469, but for people who just want to look into it should be enough.

And point 8 still contains the sound issure, I think this should be removed entirely, as it is no more an issure and the files you were supposed to access via the link are unavailable.

Well these last two issures should be modified at least.

Another point is if we should post a new thread for the new FAQ, as I think we don't need all the discussion in it about a new FAQ. And you can post it so that Locutus just would need to top it and of course to fix the missing link targets.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      Well these last two issures should be modified at least.
      Done.

Another point is if we should post a new thread for the new FAQ, as I think we don't need all the discussion in it about a new FAQ. And you can post it so that Locutus just would need to top it and of course to fix the missing link targets.
      Yes, you're probably right. I shall do so.

Comment

New FAQ posted here.

Comment

Working...
        X