• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get CTP2 demo?

To play the actual game?

thx
    Lior

Unfortunately CTP2 is an old game thats apparently not being made anymore. Im not aware of any demo of any sort but you can find an old copy in the marketplace at amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...773838-9352833
    Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

There was and is no such thing as a CTP2 Demo. CTP2 did have an invited Beta (which some Apolyton members were part of)... but that has long since gone.

Comment

Thx! So maybe there's a way to get that beta?

or another sort of working demo? I didfound a demo of CTP 1.. but helinks were bad

thx!

Comment

Interesting link, tyrantpimp. Did anyone go to the user reviews:

Starting caveat: I am originally a Civ player although I picked up CTP/CTP2 in lieu of CivIII.

First of all, CTP2 is FAR superior to CTP. They definitely fixed alot of the balance problems. (Although they didn't get the trade mechanism figured out.)

The game is incredibly deep. You could, potentially, spend far more time playing this game than any Civ. The stackability of units seems to be something Sid Meier is averse to. CTP also accepts some of the unseemlier sides of civilization like slavery, theocracy, totalitarianism and mass subversion while Civ sticks to the "clean" aspects of humanity. The single biggest concept I wish Civ would have adopted from CTP is the Corporate Branch unit. The idea that two nations, regardless of size, could fight legal/business wars with one another while completely at peace is a relatively young concept and CTP does a good job of extrapolating game concepts from sometimes tenuous real-life theories on civilization. The revolutions and creation of new civilizations is an interesting concept that I would have liked to see taken further.

The pro-Civers are not wrong at all, however. Sid Meier games feature a playability that's hard to define and nonexistent in other titles. Hours playing a Civ don't feel like hours. At first I was disappointed that CivIII seemed so similar to CivII but it really isn't. There is far more detail in the military simulations and the city management. Also, most importantly, is the concept of culture, totally new to this genre. Although it's not perfect it is really well done for a first attempt. CivIII acknowledges the reality that we all have unique cultural/racial heritages and that they affect us is subtle ways. For example, if you capture an enemy worker it will not work as efficiently as one of your own. (This is Civ's version of slavery but they never call it that.) Also, when you take an enemy city the citizen remain tied to their own culture and will assimilate to yours slowly. Until then they will be more likely to revolt against your regieme.

Essentially, I'd like to see CTP2 combined with CivIII. If someone did that I'd probably be a fool and pay any price for it.

Comment

Re: Thx! So maybe there's a way to get that beta?

Originally posted by liorm
            or another sort of working demo? I didfound a demo of CTP 1.. but helinks were bad

thx!
            Nope. The only way to play CTP2, or work on the project (apart from providing input or ideas) is to buy a copy of the game.

Comment

I didnt bother reading the reviews but im glad you pointed it out. I think it more or less sums up how most of us feel about the game
              Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

Working...
              X