Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLICers Needs

-It could be useful to extend unitrecord parameters to all
    parameters of units,all flags(BuildClasses??) for modmaking purposes.

-Possibly,we could need StringCompare function to be fixed.

-String Arrays allowed

-a value called "special" or something,for the "Prerequisite" heading which have the following effect:
    The advance/unit is not allowed at game start and is allowed independently of any advance/building/wonder.
    (other game parameters:date,country,chance,etc....SLIC programmed)

-possibility of inserting images in messages.(messagebox)

-An Auto-Mode for Units,with SLIC pre-programmable behavior (exploring,patrolling,etc..)
    I need your lights to think clearly.

Re: SLICers Needs

Originally posted by KHOMAR
    -It could be useful to extend unitrecord parameters to all
    parameters of units,all flags(BuildClasses??) for modmaking purposes.
    Not a huge problem. Extra flags will be fully documented, when we implement each functionality.

-Possibly,we could need StringCompare function to be fixed.

-String Arrays allowed
    Any particular reason why? It would have been nice for finding out what government you are, or what you're researching but... those are simply dealt with by providing a function, returning an index (int), which is how they're stored in the db's by the way.

-a value called "special" or something,for the "Prerequisite" heading which have the following effect:
    The advance/unit is not allowed at game start and is allowed independently of any advance/building/wonder.
    (other game parameters:date,country,chance,etc....SLIC programmed)
    Thats what BuildClasses will be able to do. SLIC will be able to interact by checking, and enabling/disabling both local and global buildclasses

If I recall, we already can... but you have to customize sizing ahead of time, right now.

-An Auto-Mode for Units,with SLIC pre-programmable behavior (exploring,patrolling,etc..)
    Very interesting.

Comment

It would have been nice for finding out what government you are, or what you're researching but... those are simply dealt with by providing a function, returning an index (int), which is how they're stored in the db's by the way.
      The database index of the player's current government:

Code:
      // added by PFT: player[ ].govtdbind

class PlayerSymbol_Govtdbind : public SlicStructMemberData {
      	DEF_MAKECOPY(PlayerSymbol_Govtdbind);
      	BOOL GetIntValue(sint32 &value) const {
      		sint32 pl;
      		BOOL res = m_parent->GetDataSymbol()->GetPlayer(pl);
      		Assert(res);
      		if(res){
      			value= g_player[pl]->m_government_type;
      			return TRUE;
      		}
      		else{
                  value=0;
                  return FALSE;
      		}
      	}
      I'm open to suggestions for a better term than "govtdbind". In all the other builtins they used "type" to mean dbindex; but here they used "GovtType" to return a string.

Comment

Thanks Peter.

Why not change "GovtType" to "GovtType", by a search, then if its only used in that context, search and replace.

I'd suggest GovtStrType, maybe?

Comment

Re: SLICers Needs

Yes this is something usefull, and so far as I know it is not possible to have something like this, so a resize function for a message box and a function that inserts an image would be cool.

Do we have this already, don't we. In fact frenzy AI does something like this even if it is very poor code, or do you mean something that you can eanble as player by something else than a message box?

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
          I'm open to suggestions for a better term than "govtdbind". In all the other builtins they used "type" to mean dbindex; but here they used "GovtType" to return a string.
          Why don't you call it just player.government, Peter.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X