Major Engine Alteration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Engine Alteration

Could it be possible to mutate the map in a real Globe,a spherical map ,with two modes of display, aplanned square section and globe,with zoomin/zoomout ?
    I need your lights to think clearly.

If you've got a whole bunch of ideas... maybe you should save them and post them all at once... if they don't fit in any of the existing categories...

As for the idea... sure we could but...

* Why would we want/need to? what clear gameplay advantage would it give, that... say the minimap doesn't give already?

* Its a serious graphical investment, requiring great understanding of DirectX to implement. I don't know any of us is skilled enough to pull it off... especially perfectly.

* The entire game concept is based on (square, iso) tiles Those tiles wouldn't fit on a sphere.

Comment

It was for the possibility of cuting by the pole (to reach the opposite meridian,for example).
      I need your lights to think clearly.

Comment

OK. It seems like too much effort for too little gain.

Comment

Originally posted by KHOMAR
          It was for the possibility of cuting by the pole (to reach the opposite meridian,for example).
          Well, not the oposite median but the opposite site is possible by using a dougnnut map. Avtual this is also unrealistic, but it is a game.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

It's only unrealistic if your planet is not really donut shaped . If we allow the planets to exist in four-dimensional space we can even have the donut map accurate without any distortion of areas or distances .

Comment

Working...
            X