PROJECT: The Translation Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fromafar
    Not a translation request, but since you are working on Great_Library.txt, and I have not seen this reported before:

The references to <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_CORNUCOPIC_VATS> should be changed to <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_CORNUCOPIC_VAT>, to match the entry in buildings.txt.
    Interesting that you find these references only in the English and German version of the GreatLibary probably I added these refferences, when I made CityMod2.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I am back from the seaside and will have far more time starting from August the 2nd. Hopefully, this will let me the time to translate the missing strings...
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• OK, I looked through the language files and found out that the following files miss translations:

French, Italian and Spanish ldl_str.txt:

str_profile_ShowOrderUnion "Show All Army Orders"
        str_profile_RecentAtTop "Put New Messages At Top"
        In addition the following strings are untranslated in the Italian ldl_str.txt:

str_tbl_ldl_Music_Options "Musicoptions"
        str_tbl_ldl_Decend "Decend"
        str_tbl_ldl_Execute_Eyepoint "Focus on object (eye)"
        str_tbl_ldl_Move_Order "Moveorder"
        str_tbl_ldl_End_Unit_Turn "End unit turn"
        str_tbl_ldl_Process_Unit_Orders "Process given unit orders"
        str_tbl_ldl_Group_Army "Group all units to army"
        str_tbl_ldl_Ungroup_Army "Ungroup armies"
        str_tbl_ldl_Gamestate_Debug "Debug gamestate (playtest)"
        str_tbl_ldl_Rand_Test "Rand test (playtest)"
        str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter "Command enter (playtest)"
        str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter_Alternate "Command enter alternate (playtest)"
        For the Italian version there are probably some more untranslated string but I didn't looked for them too deeply.

The following strings are untranslated in the Spanish version of the Info_str.txt:

INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_ESC_VICTIM "Our counterintelligence efforts have paid off. Operatives have thwarted a foreign spy's attempt to investigate our city of {city[0].name}. But unfortunately we couldn't catch him."
        INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_ESC_AGRESSOR "Our {unitrecord[0].name} was captured while attempting to investigate the city of {city[0].name}. But luckily he could escape."
        The Italian version of the Info_str.txt is missing entirely.

As I started to add some more atmosphere to CTP2 I need also the following strings for the Spanish version of the Info_str.txt:

AGE_ONE_ENTERED "Nuestro joven imperio está evolucionando. Hemos entrado en la Edad Antigua."
        AGE_TWO_ENTERED "First written sources replace the verbal excessive quantity: We penetrated into the Classical Age."
        AGE_THREE_ENTERED "On the ruins of ancient Rome, our nation continues to grow: We achieved the Middle Ages."
        AGE_FOUR_ENTERED "Nuestro imperio empieza a florecer cultural y científicamente. Hemos entrado en la Edad del Renacimiento."
        AGE_FIVE_ENTERED "Our empire expects an era of unknown growth and a undreamt-of enormous productivity: Owing to the Industrial Revolution we achieved the Industrial Age. "
        AGE_SIX_ENTERED "Hemos establecido firmemente nuestro control del planeta. Hemos entrado en la Edad Moderna."
        AGE_SEVEN_ENTERED "The decoding of the mysteries of science came within easy reach, because our people push the boundary to a new, innovative epoch of the scientific realizations and prosperity: The Computer Era. "
        AGE_EIGHT_ENTERED "Los misterios de la vida están empezando a desplegarse ante nuestros ojos, y nuestra gente se encuentra en el umbral de una época totalmente nueva en el conocimiento científico: la Edad Genética."
        AGE_NINE_ENTERED "Nos estamos acercando rápidamente al cenit del logro humano. Nuestro imperio ha entrado en la Edad del Diamante."
        AGE_TEN_ENTERED "The study of all technologies is final: Our empire awaits an unknown Future."
        French, Italian (and the Great_Libary.txt) and Spanish versions of the following strings for the Great Libary are needed:

[CONCEPT_CLASSIC_AGE_GAMEPLAY]
        [END]

[CONCEPT_CLASSIC_AGE_HISTORICAL]
        The classical period covers the epoch of the ascent Roman Republic, in particular the last 100 years. Caesar, Sallust and Augustus are only some representatives of this era. From this time many written documents were preserved for us, which differentiates this time significantly from the preceding epochs. But also the Roman Republic was a place where the learned could hold power, and the age of learning begun properly.
        [END]

[CONCEPT_COMPUTER_AGE_GAMEPLAY]
        [END]

[CONCEPT_COMPUTER_AGE_HISTORICAL]
        Computers are great. If anybody has an better idea for that place, please post it.
        [END]

[CONCEPT_INDUSTRIAL_AGE_GAMEPLAY]
        [END]

[CONCEPT_INDUSTRIAL_AGE_HISTORICAL]
        The Industrial Revolution ushered in a new age of commerce, discovery, and production. Driven by steam the steam engine and the railway a brought a never seen before productivity and a never known before growth. The Industrial Revolution turned up the society radically. Corporate monopolies and a new underclass - the worker class were. Soon the board masses of the population belonged to the worker class. Beside the rapidly rising pollution the acceleration of live appeared, not only in production but also in the live of the single persion. Instead of nature the machinery determined the rhythm of life.
        [END]

[CONCEPT_FUTURE_AGE_GAMEPLAY]
        [END]

[CONCEPT_FUTURE_AGE_HISTORICAL]
        The future is unknown, we know not what it will bring. Be it good or bad. Nobody knows it exactly, even if some believe they do know exactly. Thus fortune-tellers will have always have further customers. But the true nature of the future is appropriate in unknown quantities, in the car, in the not safe one. In the future everything is possible or nothing at all. It is for us to decide.
        [END]

[CONCEPT_MEDIEVAL_AGE_GAMEPLAY]
        [END]

[CONCEPT_MEDIEVAL_AGE_HISTORICAL]
        The Middle Ages the age between the classical antiquity and the Renaissance. But it is little a more: It came out from the fall of the Roman Empire. Christianity lured with the promise of the release in the paradise after death and after the end of the world: Because the world was terrible the barbarians brought disaster and poverty over the Roman Empire. It was no miracle that the back was turned on polytheism and surrendered themselves to christianity. The epoch is defined by deep religiousness and devoutness. In addition, by fanatisicm and intollerance. These are one of the reasons for the crusades. To the end this epoch the curches grew into the sky. The building of such a church took centuries. For example the Cologne Cathedral was finished only after well over half a millenium.
        [END]
        Maybe anyone has a good idea for the Computer age.

I also need French, Italian and Spanish versions of the gl_str.txt to add the following strings:

CONCEPT_CLASSIC_AGE "Classical Age"
        CONCEPT_INDUSTRIAL_AGE "Industrial Age"
        CONCEPT_COMPUTER_AGE "Information Age"
        CONCEPT_FUTURE_AGE "The Future"
        CONCEPT_MEDIEVAL_AGE "Middle Ages"
        In addition I need translations of the string:

"Roman Style"
        "Asian Style"
        "Arabian Style"
        "American Style"
        "Castle Style"
        "Egyptian Style"
        "Palace Style"

Finally the different versions of civ_str.txt need synchronisation, therefore I attached the German and English version of that file to this post.

-Martin
        Attached Files

Comment

• The 5 (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) Great_Library.txt files are a mess so it is not too surprising that the other files are also.

I work sporadically on the project (hey it may be a very cold, wet, crappy non-summer here but it’s still not winter) but I have come to realise that there are so many mistakes in the English GL that it make little sense to work on the other languages until I get it fixed first.
          ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
          "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
          Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• The 5 (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) Great_Library.txt files are a mess so it is not too surprising that the other files are also.
            So you have an Italian version of the Great Libary?

At least I need the gl_str.txt and the civ_str.txt to make it run. Otherwise I could post a new playtest version and wait until people start to complain that their French, Spanish or Italian(well for that I have to wait anyway) version doesn't run.

-Martin

Comment

• Aaaargh ! I am currently experiencing one of the most busy hollidays I have ever known. The main events I had planned to attend to are now over so I should have some time available in a few days.

I will also try to have a look at all the french strings that have been translated thus far since the 17th page of this thread as after a quick look at some translations I think that some of them should be reworked a bit.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Italian
                Attached Files
                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Thank you very much Flinx, I decided to add all the files to the next playtest download. So I still need Spanish and French.

-Martin

Comment

• Sorry for not being here for a while, but im very busy studying. Im like, in the final tests, soon ill translate those files ASAP. Again, sorry for the delay.

Comment

• I am about to finish the translation of all the missing strings in French. I will try to post them tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                        I am about to finish the translation of all the missing strings in French. I will try to post them tonight.
                        And provide us with all the other files in French that we don't have, yet Tamerlin.

-Martin

Comment

• I thought you had all the french files Martin...

Could you tell me what files are missing?

Comment

• Missing strings: French Translation

Here we are, I am sorry not to have placed the French strings in the files themselves but most of the time I really don't know where I have to put them. As it seems very important to place them at very specific places in each file (though I can be wrong on this ground) I would prefer "those who know" to do it.
                            Last edited by Tamerlin; September 15, 2004, 17:58.

Comment

• French translation part 2

I have added a proposal in English for the Computer Age at the end of the following text file (it is already translated in French in the same file).
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Tamerlin; September 16, 2004, 04:46.

Comment

• OK, I have had a look at the various files in the French folder and I now know where I should put most if not all of the missing string files.

I won't have the time to do the necessary work until this week end, so if someone has the courage to do it before the new Playtest Version is released he will have the acknowledgement of the whole and tremenduously numerous French CtP2 community over the internet... which means at least three individuals (Calvitix, LDiCesare and me...).

Comment

Working...
                                X