I hope he made it into the credits...
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Ill sacrifice 20 $$$ to buy Call To Power 2 in spanish ^_^
      Ill do anything for improving this game

Comment

• A main issue about this translation is that the Spanish version has traditional Spanish, they use "vosotros" like in saying a group of persons, from Ecuador to Mexico we use "ustedes" and so they are many differences. Another problem is that Spanish is the longest language, so they might be problems with the GUI.

As promised, here they are:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by _X_; May 4, 2004, 19:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by _X_
          A Another problem is that Spanish is the longest language, so they might be problems with the GUI.
          The problem is the same in French though it seems shorter than Spanish. Some sentences have to be shortened in both of them. You are in command...

As promised, here they are:
          Thanks _X_, your sacrifice will be remembered.
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• I readded the possibility to gain an advance when conquering a city, I modified the original message that informs the attacker about the new advance for more atmosphere and I also added a completly new message to inform the victim about the issure.

Here there are these messages, first the German one and then the English for possible corrections:

ADVANCE_FROM_CAPTURING_CITY "{player[0].leader_name#SIR_CAP}, im Laufe der Plünderung der kürzlich eroberten Stadt {city[0].name} haben unsere Truppen das Geheimnis {advance[0].name#ARTICLE_GEN} von den {player[1].civ_name_plural#DAT} erbeutet."
            ADVANCE_FROM_CAPTURING_CITY_VICTIM "{player[0].leader_name#SIR_CAP}, mit Schrecken müssen wir feststellen, dass es den {player[1].civ_name_plural#DAT} gelungen ist, nicht nur unsere Stadt {city[0].name} zu erobern, sondern auch uns das Geheimnis {advance[0].name#ARTICLE_GEN} zu rauben."
            ADVANCE_FROM_CAPTURING_CITY "{player[0].sir_cap}, while looting the recently conquered city of {city[0].name}, our troops took the secret of {advance[0].name}."
            ADVANCE_FROM_CAPTURING_CITY_VICTIM "{player[0].sir_cap}, with horror we must find out, that the {player[1].civ_name_plural} were able not only to take our city of {city[0].name}, but also to steal us the secret of {advance[0].name}."
            These messages go into info_str.txt for the French version I have such a file.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• The message:
              "{player[0].sir_cap}, with horror we must find out, that the {player[1].civ_name_plural} were able not only to take our city of {city[0].name}, but also to steal us the secret of {advance[0].name}."

doesn't really make sense. I suggest:

"{player[0].sir_cap}, we were horrified to discover that the {player[1].civ_name_plural} were able not only to take our city of {city[0].name}, but also to steal the secret of {advance[0].name}."

Comment

• I agree.
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  ADVANCE_FROM_CAPTURING_CITY "{player[0].sir_cap}, while looting the recently conquered city of {city[0].name}, our troops took the secret of {advance[0].name}."
                  ADVANCE_FROM_CAPTURING_CITY "{player[0].sir_cap}, lors du pillage de la cité de {city[0].name} que nous venons de conquérir, nos troupes se sont emparées du secret de {advance[0].name}."

"{player[0].sir_cap}, we were horrified to discover that the {player[1].civ_name_plural} were able not only to take our city of {city[0].name}, but also to steal the secret of {advance[0].name}."
                  ADVANCE_FROM_CAPTURING_CITY_VICTIM "{player[0].sir_cap}, c'est avec horreur que nous apprenons que les {player[1].civ_name_plural} nous ont pris la cité de {city[0].name} et qu'ils se sont également emparés du secret de {advance[0].name}."
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I readded the possibility to gain an advance when conquering a city, I modified the original message that informs the attacker about the new advance for more atmosphere and I also added a completly new message to inform the victim about the issure.
                    Hi Martin, is this reimplementation made to be incorporated into the default playtest build?

I am not telling you that it is wrong but I don't remember any discussion about it and you know that I am concerned about the fact that, in the future, some modifications could be added into the default game without it to be discussed among the people working on the Source Code Project.

Comment

• Well, the probability of it occuring can be altered in const.txt, so it can be deactivated completely there (I think the existing value is 0.5, so it will be active by default).

Comment

• I suppose that you just need to set the existing value to 0 to deactivate this feature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                          Hi Martin, is this reimplementation made to be incorporated into the default playtest build?

I am not telling you that it is wrong but I don't remember any discussion about it and you know that I am concerned about the fact that, in the future, some modifications could be added into the default game without it to be discussed among the people working on the Source Code Project.
                          This feature is in Civilisation, in Civilisation 2 and in Civilisation: Call to Power, and should be in Call to Power 2 as well, as you can see in const.txt and in script.slc and in info_str.txt, and you can also find in the source code a function that should do this job, everything I needed to do was to make the game to use this code. And considering that there is a slic mod for this purpose, I don't see the need for a discussion of this issure. The feature is something we missed from CTP1. I just took the freedom to inform the victim as well about the stolen advance, so that you know when someone not only takes your city, but also steals your holy and hard earned secret of Nuclear Weapons, so that you know who are these swines of whom you have to beat out the crap until you manage to clean up the face of mother earth of these dirty bastards. That's like it is in Civ1. And by the way, I hope I used a clear language to describe the purpose of my added message.

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                          I suppose that you just need to set the existing value to 0 to deactivate this feature.
                          Of course a change of 0% to get an advance after a city capture means disabling this feature, however Hex took this feature into consideration when he designed Cradle, the chance there is 33%. Also Wes took this into consideration, but he turned a float into an integer so that the chance in MedPack2, in ApolytonPack and in GoodMod is 2500%.

Edit: Fixed the language and added some forgotten word.

-Martin
                          Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 24, 2004, 10:12.
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I think it is a good idea to add these things if it is only to be deactivated for the patch. These things allow for mod ability on the part of an future scenario writers.
                            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                            The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                            Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

And by the way, I hope I used a clear language to describe the purpose of my added message.
                              It is very clear indeed.

Of course a change of 0% to can an advance after a city capture means disabling this feature, however Hex took this feature into consideration when he designed Cradle, the chance there is 33%. Also Wes took this into consideration, but he tunred a float into an integer so the chance in MedPack2 in ApolytonPack and in GoodMod is 2500%.

-Martin
                              Don't misunderstand me, I think that this feature is quite good but I want to be sure that those that don't like it can get rid off it. I don't think anyone will remove it, but if one wants... he can.

Comment

• quote:
                                Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

"ADVANCE_FROM_CAPTURING_CITY "{player[0].sir_cap}, mientras saqueabamos la recién conquistada ciudad de {city[0].name}, nuestras tropas tomaron el secreto de {advance[0].name}."

quote:
                                "{player[0].sir_cap}, nos encontramos horrorizados al descubrir que los {player[1].civ_name_plural}, no solo tomaron nuestra ciudad de {city[0].name}, sino que también nos han robado el secreto de {advance[0].name}."

Comment

Working...
                                X