PROJECT: documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT: documentation

I think I might be useful in the code documentation department, but I don't know where to start. What I'm thinking is that someone who has been making modifications and has a "bigger picture" view of the whole code tree could point me to a particular .cpp file (something "easy" at first, then more difficulty in future)with a little direction like "this file holds functions related to population growth" and then let me see what I can do. I would want to return it to them for checking before anything gets offically added to the source...

From what I've noticed so far, it seems like there are many places where the files could be made much more readable by simply removing big chunks of blank lines and drawing markers around functions.

For now I'm going to attempt to follow the "getting the code to compile" document and see if I can't make a build of my own with all the latest modified files.

First I would like to note that the big chunks of whitespace is a good way to evaluate how complex the following code is. I suggest we leave them in for the time being unless there is some comments put instead.

As for a place to start:
    \ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\Barbarians.h
    \ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\Barbarians.cpp

It is a fairly simple place to start and i would very much like to go over your comments and give some critisism, just send the modified files to me on klaus@kaan.dk

klaus

Comment

thanks, I'll get after it.

Comment

Working...
      X