This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peter Triggs
    I compiled the latest build, added in the more recent changes, and am getting something similar. It crashes when I should get a popup message from a goody hut and when I try to use the city building manager.
    Anything useful in the crash log?

Comment

• Crash Reports

As promised, though a bit late (sorry but during the week I am too busy with earning money ), here my crash.txt report:

The first crash has been expected on GrantAdvance in NaturalWonders (and crash.txt says something about it ):

Code:
      ... I GrantAdvance:
      if(!HasAdvance(0, ID_ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS)){
      	GrantAdvance(0, AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS));
      }

... therefore I crash:
        0x00468795  [?GiveAdvance@Advances@@QAEXJW4CAUSE_SCI@@H@Z + 0x65]
        0x004c6d7d  [?GEVHookCallback@GrantAdvanceEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x5d]
        0x00562019  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x29]
        0x00562a62  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x22]
        0x00560cde  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x3e]
        0x005627c7  [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x87]
        0x00562707  [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x1c7]
        0x0056251c  [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xcc]
        0x0040b6e9  [?InitializeGame@CivApp@@QAEJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x4c9]
        0x0040d53d  [?Execute@StartGameAction@@UAAXPAVaui_Control@@KK@Z + 0xd]
        0x0040c480  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x1a0]
        0x0040c882  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x112]
        0x00407608  [?CivWinMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3a8]
        0x004070c5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
        0x00792eec  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
        0x77e7eb69  [__onexitbegin + 0x7738aa91]
      I then disabled all scripts containing GrantAdvance and got a sudden unexpexted CTD, I cannot even guess what caused this one (no obvious interaction with other players, no messages etc.). The only thing I can tell is that I had finished a trireme and moved it out of the city a moment or two before the CTD. Anyway here is what crash.txt says:
      Code:
        0x00447d45  [?DrawColorizedOverlayIntoMix@TiledMap@@QAEJPAGJJG@Z + 0x135]
        0x0041549b  [?DrawSelectionBrackets@UnitActor@@QAEXXZ + 0x1fb]
        0x004146df  [?Draw@UnitActor@@QAEHH@Z + 0x35f]
        0x0043d080  [?PaintUnitActor@TiledMap@@QAEXPAVUnitActor@@H@Z + 0x40]
        0x0042cc7c  [?DrawActiveUnits@Director@@QAEXPAUtagRECT@@J@Z + 0x8c]
        0x0043e20c  [?RepaintSprites@TiledMap@@QAEJPAVaui_Surface@@PAUtagRECT@@_N@Z + 0xac]
        0x0066b32b  [?background_draw_handler@@YA?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAX@Z + 0xbb]
        0x00432c12  [?dh_centerMap@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXECUTE@@@Z + 0x52]
        0x0042b530  [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xe0]
        0x0042c727  [?ProcessActiveUnits@Director@@QAEKXZ + 0x47]
        0x0042b3cb  [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x2b]
        0x0040c882  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x112]
        0x00407608  [?CivWinMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3a8]
        0x004070c5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
        0x00792eec  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
        0x77e7eb69  [__onexitbegin + 0x7738aa91]
      The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
        The other things with the added globals and the player.government aren't addressed, Fromafar suggested to comment them out until we have a solution.
        Has the line been commented out in the current playtest build?
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

1) Bug remains that my spy does not die when caught (sometimes not 100% of the time)

2) I am not shure this a bug but the number of caravans necessary to start trade routes seems much higher than before: ie at the beguining of the game I could need up to 32 caravans! Seems a bit large. Now with tanks and railroads all over, I am in the 5 to 8 number caravans/trade route. (both these numbers are for goods inside my own territory).

3) A point of clarification: build 2004.02.21 and 2004.04.18 both have non standard saves. Hence we cannot read them with the new build 2004.04.30. Correct??

Keep up the good work

Comment

• Re: 2004.04.18

Originally posted by Frog_Gamer
            2) I am not shure this a bug but the number of caravans necessary to start trade routes seems much higher than before: ie at the beguining of the game I could need up to 32 caravans! Seems a bit large. Now with tanks and railroads all over, I am in the 5 to 8 number caravans/trade route. (both these numbers are for goods inside my own territory).
            This is something I have already complained about in my first playtest game. The number of caravans needed to open a trade road seems far too high.

3) A point of clarification: build 2004.02.21 and 2004.04.18 both have non standard saves. Hence we cannot read them with the new build 2004.04.30. Correct??
            I don't know for sure, I can only say that I have not been allowed to load saves from the 2004-04-18 version with the 2004-04-30 playtest build.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I guess that must be related to Martin's alterations to make caravans follow roads, etc. You can now make the trading require fewer caravans by building roads along the route in question, which should at least alleviate the problem, but it is rather strange that it has happened at all...

Comment

• Re: Re: 2004.04.18

Originally posted by J Bytheway

I guess that must be related to Martin's alterations to make caravans follow roads, etc. You can now make the trading require fewer caravans by building roads along the route in question, which should at least alleviate the problem, but it is rather strange that it has happened at all...
                IIRC...
                The number of caravans needed is based on the distance and type of land crossed: in terrain.txt there are freight costs similar to movement costs for each tile. In calculating the number of caravans needed the function which was supposed to return the freight cost was returning 5 in all cases which is the movement cost of a trade route along a maglev. All Martin did was to make the function return the freight value for each tile type in terrain.txt
                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Keep up the good work
                  2004.04.03 Build can load unpached out-of-the-box, 1.11 patched, and all builds up to and including 04.03; 04.03 savegame can be loaded by 1.11 pach, 03.30 and 04.03 builds.
                  2004.04.12 Build can only load 04.12 savegame; 04.12 savegame can only be loaded by 04.12 Build.
                  2004.04.18 Build can only load 04.18 savegame; 04.18 savegame can only be loaded by 04.18 Build.
                  2004.04.30 Build can only load 04.30 savegame; 04.30 savegame can only be loaded by 04.30 Build.

Actually I think the 04.18 and 04.30 saves might be cross compatable if you do not use any SLIC

Fromafar's post
                  ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                  "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                  Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: 2004.04.18

Originally posted by Flinx
                    IIRC...
                    The number of caravans needed is based on the distance and type of land crossed: in terrain.txt there are freight costs similar to movement costs for each tile. In calculating the number of caravans needed the function which was supposed to return the freight cost was returning 5 in all cases which is the movement cost of a trade route along a maglev. All Martin did was to make the function return the freight value for each tile type in terrain.txt
                    That would certainly explain it.

Comment

• I know you guys are busy playing..I mean finding bugs. If you guys are willing, please test out my new terrain graphics/tiles too and let me know if you see any big terrain flaws.

thanks!

Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• You already have a few play tester E. I am going to test it tonight.
                        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                          Has the line been commented out in the current playtest build?
                          No, it has not. The 04.18 and 04.30 file formats should be identical, as long as you do not have any database related Slic functions used. When you do, the files are incompatible.

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                          Actual it is a must, because noone want to lose his savegames, and those savegames provide us with valuable information about bugs. So tell me how do you want to reload the database support from an patch 1.1 file without reloading slic, the only way to do this is to know how Activision designed the database support, how many SOP_*s did they use, in which order, how they made they sure that at run time even after a reload the necessary information like the database and the member is available.
                          It looks like a hopeless situation then. If you do a /reloadslic, you will reset all variables - so the game state is destroyed, and it just isn't a continuation of the saved game any more. But if you don't do a /reloadslic, stored references (indices in arrays, probably) become incorrect, and anything may happen.

But, how bad is this? If you really want to finish it, the saved game can be continued with the original game. It would be nice if we could offer the possibility to continue an old save game with our modified version, but I don't consider this a must.

To find out about the new Activision Slic codes, we could generate save games with the 1.1 patch, and Slic-disassemble these with the debugger. Not a job to look forward to, though. Just a shame that we didn't get the patched code.

Comment

• Found a new bug ( I think )

You can place tile imps on unexplored squares near your cities .
                            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                            The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                            Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Mid-Game Report

I have currently reached the year 280AD (turn 208) of the game I am currently playing with the 2004-04-30 playtest build and the Updater2.

I have not spotted any major bug and the Updater2 is running fine with DebuSlic set to Yes.

I have not experienced any problem with Saves or Quicksaves so far.

I have just noticed a bug with the messages displayed in the message box, when you read a message it is grayed and sometimes you can not erase it with a right click. These messages disappear when you hit the New Turn button or when you /Reloadslic though.

Another nuisance is the number of caravans needed to open a trade road, the number needed is so high (around 25 to 34) that building caravans is pointless and the AI Civs have not open any trade road neither.

Comment

• Re: Mid-Game Report

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                                I have just noticed a bug with the messages displayed in the message box, when you read a message it is grayed and sometimes you can not erase it with a right click. These messages disappear when you hit the New Turn button or when you /Reloadslic though.
                                IIRC, this bug existed in v1.11, and it has something to do with the scope of the variables used in the SLIC which generates the message, so it can be fixed by altering the SLIC (but it would be better if we fixed it in the source).

Comment

Working...
                                X