X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Re: Update 2004-04-18

Real stupid DP...
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• DebugSlic II

I just downloaded the brand-new playtest build and of course I had to try getting my own mod started in the first place . Unfortunately I am still getting loads of SLIC-errors wirh DebugSlic=No before seeing the new startup screen, which is really great and looks much more "professional" than the original one.
      This time I did what I should possibly have done some posts earlier - I looked up the lines in my scripts that cause the errors. It's always just the "GrantAdvance"- and "CreateBuilding"-events:

PHP Code:
      Event:GrantAdvance(iwwPlayerAdvanceDB(ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS),0);
      Event:CreateBuilding(popCityBuildingDB(IMPROVE_GERM_THEORY)); 
      The program tells me it expected int_t as Argument #2 (it wants the advance and the building as an integer, which never worked as far as I remember). The above lines always worked as expected the way they are written here and the only error is the error message.
      Maybe this could and should be fixed at the level of SLIC-implementation, too, but at the current stage of testing it would be sufficient to make the exe respect DebugSlic=No again .
      Sidenote: I tried starting the Mod with both ModSwapper and ModManager with the same result and in between I checked userprofile.txt using a text editor - DebugSlic has always been set to "No".
      The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• It should be expecting an int_t, because the AdvanceDB and BuildingDB functions should be evaluating to an int_t. Are you using either of those functions elsewhere and not getting errors from them?

Comment

• BureauBert,

Could you attach your script so that I can have a look at it? Both those lines contain a database reference and I've had some problems with this when loading a saved game, but never on startup.

Comment

• BureauBert,

Could you provide the exact wording of the error dialog you get (maybe post a screenshot of it).

Comment

• Since I have installed the new playtest version provided by J Bytheway I have a message telling me that I need Indeo Video Playback for the intro video... even with my older installations of CtP2. I have a black screen instead of the video...

What's going on? Indeo Video Playback for XP is sold 14.95$ and buying it is of course out of question.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• The text displayed in the lower part of the screen in the French version of the main interface needs to be changed, the text is too long and needs to be shortened so that the letters in the middle of the sentence do not overlap:

[CHANGE]

Cette version de Call to Power 2 a été développée sur le site http://apolyton.net. Contact : ctp2source@apolyton.net

[/CHANGE]

Comment

• Tried the latest playtest. The empty queue bug is indeed fixed, as is the wrong diplomacy proposal window bug. The startup screen looks great. No video playback problems.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• DebugSlic error documentation

J Bytheway & Peter Triggs,
                    Thanks a lot. I documented all scripts I am using at my "work-in-progress-site":

http://ctp2.free.fr

and I put a screenshot of the error dialog plus links leading to the scripts in question at the site's index.
                    I hope this is a bit more comfortable for you (1 non-working forwarding instead of 3 ).
                    If you prefer forum-attachments instead, please post a short demand, I am online more or less continuously today (though I just started a GoodMod test which is running well in terms of program performance - not so well in terms of government performance ).
                    The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                      Since I have installed the new playtest version provided by J Bytheway I have a message telling me that I need Indeo Video Playback for the intro video... even with my older installations of CtP2. I have a black screen instead of the video...

What's going on? Indeo Video Playback for XP is sold 14.95$ and buying it is of course out of question.
                      I don't know whats causing it, but you can start with the nointromovie command line argument to skip the movie and avoid any error messages.

Comment

• Re: DebugSlic error documentation

Originally posted by BureauBert
                        and I put a screenshot of the error dialog plus links leading to the scripts in question at the site's index.
                        Thanks. I've found the source of the error, and you seem to be right in that it has no check against DebugSlic before showing itself. I'm not really sure where such a check should be put, but it should be fairly simple to do.

Fixing the root problem which causes the error will probably be rather harder though .
                        Last edited by J Bytheway; April 18, 2004, 10:03.

Comment

• DebugSlic

I just found this one in the "Altered Source Files"-thread:

slicif.cpp: Made sure that the database access code throws only slic erors at run time when DebugSlic=Yes, by Martin Gühmann.
                          Sounds like somehow similar ...

Comment

• Yes. Unfortunately there seem to be a wide variety of methods by which these errors are produced, and we need to track them all down...

(Of course a better solution would be to standardise them, but I think that's asking a little too much, at least in the short term...)

Comment

• Re: DebugSlic

Originally posted by BureauBert
                              Sounds like somehow similar ...
                              Sounds familiar but are at different places, the one I fixed was in the UI slic engine that uses a function of the slic script stuff that is used in the slic script at compiling time and not at run time, it was intended to through this message when slic is compiled, but not when it is executed. However your slic error is a error at compiling time and not at run time. You use the GrantAdvance event, type missmatches are detected at compiling time and not at run time. So this one you have to fix. And this one should occur even if DebugSlic=No.

To fix your code use instead of the GrantAdvance event the GrantAdvance function so replace:

Event:GrantAdvance(iwwPlayer, AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS),0);

by

GrantAdvance(iwwPlayer, AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS));

And then you should be fine.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                                I don't know whats causing it, but you can start with the nointromovie command line argument to skip the movie and avoid any error messages.
                                How do you do that?
                                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                                "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                                Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Working...
                                X