Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been trying to compile it on my machine to see if I have these problems, but it's been a while since I did any compiling and I can't get it to work with the new version of the source - the various uses of dbgen don't work any more. I'll keep trying...

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      One think to note Tamerlin did not tested the playtest so far.

True...

I will try to finish my current playtest this afternoon in order to test the new Playtest files tonight.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• I have succeeded in compiling it, and it seems to work fine. I'm now trying to download Martin's executable for comparison.

Comment

• Well, the version I have compiled is a very different size from Martin's, so I offer it here (together with its ctp2.map file). See if it works any better (You need to install Martin's playtest zip first to get all the other files).

[Edit: Link removed (obsolete), get new version here ]
          Last edited by J Bytheway; April 3, 2004, 10:36.

Comment

• I reinstalled CtP2
            then official patch
            then 2004.03.28.CTP2.All.zip
            then 2004.03.31.CTP2.Playtest-alternate.rar

and it worked, didnt even get the power points error
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Only did a very brief test as I don't have much time, but it certainly seems to run fine for me with John's files
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Have a look at this save, every time i place farms or roads around either Isla Mujeres or Zacatlan the farm and road construction disappear next turn. Notice also that its only farms and roads that disappear next turn, not nets, so im pretty sure its something to do with terraforming the land before placing tile imps there because both those 2 cities on those squares that disappear, have been terraformed to plains from grassland there.

This is using the installation mentioned in my last post.
                Attached Files
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                  I reinstalled CtP2
                  then official patch
                  then 2004.03.28.CTP2.All.zip
                  then 2004.03.31.CTP2.Playtest-alternate.rar

and it worked, didnt even get the power points error
                  The intention was just to install the 2004.03.28.CTP2.Playtest.zip without Activision's patch. But for your error message it is obvious that the const.txt was not overwritten. I checked it and that file is included.

Obviously it is the ctp2.exe that causes the problems. Maybe my setup is not clean enough for that, even if everything works fine here.

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                  I have succeeded in compiling it, and it seems to work fine. I'm now trying to download Martin's executable for comparison.
                  That's no wonder, M$ VC++ 6 German Autorenedition is a crippled version of VC++, something like a Demo version, the first thing that programms compiled with that version do is popping up this nice little disclaimer and that is also true for *.dll's like the map plugins, even if there should be three map plugins in use I get only two pop ups on map creation. The other things that demo version leaks is optimization concerning speed and executable size.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                    Well, the version I have compiled is a very different size from Martin's, so I offer it here (together with its ctp2.map file). See if it works any better (You need to install Martin's playtest zip first to get all the other files).

2004.03.31.CTP2.Playtest-alternate.rar
                    I no longer have a crash on quit
                    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• originally by Martin Gühmann to get to know this I ask you if you don't have updated to this version of the playtest to start a new game use the cheat editor change the player and save that game. Then reload it and look what happens when you hit end turn.
                      I've still got the 2004.02.21.Playtest_CTP2.zip installed. I started a new game. Saved. Opened scenario editor, changed civs, saved again. Reloaded the second save.

It loaded into a completely black map, I assume it was the location of the "second" civ but I couldn't see the settler. When I hit end turn, my view jumped back to the "first" civ but the AI was still controlling it, it built a city and it got all the "free" ai bonuses. After the beginning of the turn phase, I could browse the city screens and change things, but when ending turns, the ai would take over and "run" the civ again. I can only assume that the settler of the civ I chose through the scenario editor was just standing there waiting for orders...

Another thing, while in the scenario editor I turned off fog of war, so when I made the second save the whole map was visible to me. But after the reload I was back in the dark, except for where the settler of the "first" civ had started the game.

ps, when starting Neptune world games my civ seems to start out right on an e/w map edge quite frequently. Any chance of generating more random starting locations for the human player on this kind of map?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        Have a look at this save, every time i place farms or roads around either Isla Mujeres or Zacatlan the farm and road construction disappear next turn. Notice also that its only farms and roads that disappear next turn, not nets, so im pretty sure its something to do with terraforming the land before placing tile imps there because both those 2 cities on those squares that disappear, have been terraformed to plains from grassland there.

This is using the installation mentioned in my last post.
                        Fixed posted by fromafar Thanks

Comment

• Hey guys.

How are things looking for CTP2? Any timeline for a non-testing release?

Comment

• I would say a long way off still.

I played a MP just now with J's ctp2.exe and my PW works was all messed up, i was player 2 (orange). When i had my PW tax at 100% sometimes id get like 50pw when i was supposed to get around 800pw and other times it would work fine. This doesnt happen with 2003.12.14.ctp2playtest.zip or 2004.02.21.Playtest_CTP2.zip. I dont have the save though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                              Obviously it is the ctp2.exe that causes the problems. Maybe my setup is not clean enough for that, even if everything works fine here.

That's no wonder, M$ VC++ 6 German Autorenedition is a crippled version of VC++, something like a Demo version, the first thing that programms compiled with that version do is popping up this nice little disclaimer and that is also true for *.dll's like the map plugins, even if there should be three map plugins in use I get only two pop ups on map creation. The other things that demo version leaks is optimization concerning speed and executable size.
                              Would you like me to take over the compiling and posting of playtest versions? I didn't have enough free time before, but I should now.

Comment

• Wrong thread, sorry!
                                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X