This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flinx
    A multi-turn path should be viewed as a ‘go to’ command and the optimal path should be re-evaluated each turn. Also implement a delay if the obstruction is one of your units so that it can move out of the way first (if it is moving) i.e. let the tank on the road ahead move forward before you go off road to get around it!
    There are problems with that. If you've ever played colonization, which used this method, then you may have noticed that units can get stuck in endless loops because the pathfinding algorithm fails to find the best route repeatedly (on the "Real world" map there was a point near the top of the caribbean where this happened to me frequently). I guess that the pathfinding in CTP2 is much better, but it still might occur. It's even more likely to occur when there are enemy units moving around which cause your units to repeatedly change direction to avoid ZOCs. In fact, I suspect that you can abuse the behaviour by causing AI units to wander back and forth aimlessly if you arrange your own units carefully.

Comment

• New Playtest

Here is a new version of the playtext *.exe, what I like to know is if the unit in wrong place bug still occurs, I have the suspicion that it was linked to a memry leak that Fromafar fixed.

OK let's see if Marcos fixed the upload service:

Edit: Removed link. The latest version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

OK, after an upload attempt it is obviously he didn't fix it.

-Martin
      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 28, 2008, 16:53.
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Martin,

If you can tell me what are the modified entries I can send you a French Great Library rather soon.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Am I the only one who gets a crash to desktop as soon as a game (either new or save) is loaded with the latest playtest?
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
            Am I the only one who gets a crash to desktop as soon as a game (either new or save) is loaded with the latest playtest?
            I have not yet tested the new playtest files as I have to finish the game I started with the former version...

I plead guilty your honor...
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Am I the only one who gets a crash to desktop as soon as a game (either new or save) is loaded with the latest playtest?

No, It crashes for me too.
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Hi, fist sorry for my bad english

i found some other bugs:

1) new game button crashes the game
                2) if you take another player color and load a save game, the game dont remember your color and after pressing end of turn button you are player 1 again. After pressing the button again game crashes

Comment

• Originally posted by mog
                  1) new game button crashes the game
                  I don't have this problem, and I seem not to recreate it.

Originally posted by mog
                  2) if you take another player color and load a save game, the game dont remember your color and after pressing end of turn button you are player 1 again. After pressing the button again game crashes
                  You don't take a player color, you take a player and with the player you take the color of that player. So if you load a previous save you should continue with the same player color, given you still use the same colors00.txt.

But indeed if I load game saved with another player the game turns to player 1 after the first hit turn. I also got a crash, but I think it has to do something with my old GoodMod save from patch 1.1 and the fact that the whole slic is screwed up, at least a /reloadslic solved that problem, but in addition I got some slic errors:

CityIsValid: Wrong type of arguments
                  ArmyIsValid: Wrong type of arguments
                  ConsiderResponse: Wrong number of arguments

I think there is an error of thought in the two first, both functions should make sure that the input is indeed what there name is and therefore an slic error is suitable as this is what they should return but without error.

For the third one there is obviously some missing backwards compartibility.

-Martin

Comment

• Martin, the rushbuy bug exists again in the 2004.02.21.Playtest_CTP2.zip but it didnt exist with the first playtest.

I havent tried this newest playtest yet.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I have another older setup of the source code from that obviously the last playtext *.exe was, it does not include John's altered however my clean setup does it. And not player selection is only available in SP, maybe it will be added to MP, too. One thing I like to know is if the player change bug was also in the last playtest *.exe. I asumed from the patched version of the game that saving with another player is problemless. So I did not take this in account, to get to know this I ask you if you don't have updated to this version of the playtest to start a new game use the cheat editor change the player and save that game. Then reload it and look what happens when you hit end turn.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                        I don't have this problem, and I seem not to recreate it.
                        Well, since Tam, Flinx, mog and I all seem to have the same problem, it must be something on your system...

If I had the time I would compile the latest source on my own system but my code is incompatible with the latest source so it would require a fresh install, for which I currently don't have time.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well, since Tam, Flinx, mog and I all seem to have the same problem, it must be something on your system...
                          Maybe it is Bill's fault. Actual no idea. I thought it had to do something with the recompiled map plugins, but when I use the original ones no problem, either. One think to note Tamerlin did not tested the playtest so far.

Originally posted by Locutus
                          If I had the time I would compile the latest source on my own system but my code is incompatible with the latest source so it would require a fresh install, for which I currently don't have time.
                          And you don't have a backup on system, that was the first thing I did, I just copied all the files to a seperate folder and called it ctp2_codeBackup, the same job should do the *.zip version of the source code. Maybe you have to copy the project files as well.

-Martin

Comment

No, i get an error too, although mine isnt the same as yours. The error i got is the same when i installed 2004.02.21.Playtest_CTP2.zip without installing the previous playtests.

This immediate CTD error is with a completely fresh install of CtP2, then 1.11 official patch, then 2004.03.28.CTP2.All.zip.

I now installed, in this order:

CtP2
                            Official 1.11 patch
                            2003.12.14.ctp2playtest.zip
                            2004.02.21.Playtest_CTP2.zip
                            2004.03.28.CTP2.All.zip

and ive played 100 turns of a new game and it worked fine.
                            Attached Files
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• More informative details on my crash:

More informative details on my crash:
                              Did not reinstall CTP2
                              Did not reinstall 1.11 patch
                              Did not reinstall any previous playtest
                              I downloaded the new .zip and extracted the files
                              Launched the .exe
                              Checked out the player selection feature and selected player 1
                              Clicked launch
                              The loading progress bar appears as normal, but instead of the map coming up, I get a CtD
                              Same thing happens when I try to load a 4000BC save, the game crashes after the loading progress bar when normally the map would come up.

Will try Maq's procedure tonight to see if it helps, but something is wrong if we need to do that...
                              Anyone have a file compare utility?
                              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Well I got it to work, but...

Ok, Well, uninstalling CTP2, reinstalling, patching and unziping the newest playtest worked....

However, every time I quit the game Windows gives me an error message that the game did something wrong and must be shut-down. This does seem to cause any problems, the saved game loads fine, but it is strange.
                                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

Working...
                                X